28 coaches online • Server time: 10:30
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

possible reason 3:

sk8bcn kicks your butt......

The Dagger wants back in top 5 star group
Magnus

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Samuli wrote:
Problem: a lot of games have to be forfeited when they are not played on schedule.

Idea: let the tournament administration relegate forfeiting teams all the way to the lowest division if they see that fit - effective immediately.

Any flaws in that idea? Please, note that the tournament administration doesn't have to relegate teams that have forfeited. Also, they still have the right to ban teams from the tournament. This idea would only give them more tools to deal with difficult teams. Thanks.

What if the forfeiting team is already in the lowest division?

How many forfeits is acceptable? (I have to wait for my next game all to long, and it will not be played as it seems (gone for 4weeks+ now), wonder if he comes back Sad )

Hard to replace teams though (if needed in mid season) ...
PjPants

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 18:52 Reply with quote Back to top

i love this league but i have been having problems being around for the games... if you guys need to replace someone i guess it could be me Sad
Captain1821

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

PjPants wrote:
i love this league but i have been having problems being around for the games... if you guys need to replace someone i guess it could be me Sad

It looks like that you are done with your games for this season. Before the next season starts I will ask everyone if they want to take part in it.

Magnus, really there isn't a reason for a new rule. If someone is not ok with his games I just put him out of the group.

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
My second daunless rat aged!!!!!!
Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree that we don't need a rule for that, it's a game played for fun. BUT it's quite annoying when ppl hinders you from having all that fun you want to have! Wink

>Anyway< I just keep on waiting (played last game 2005-04-24 so I'm used to it) for the deadline to pass 2005-05-26... Soooooon Twisted Evil
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 22:26 Reply with quote Back to top

a guy that forfeits a loss has to be taken out unless very good explainations. lower them down to f**k up the lowest division isn't a solution also
tane

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
The Necro 5 stars will now descent to Cosmos. That is hard.

Remember that should any team in the top division quit, you may not end up as low as you ought to. Has happened a lot in the past and will continue to happen.

I probably won't have time for this league during the summer so Bonefive will likely not show up for the next season. Maybe season 5 in the autumn if Five Stars is still up and running.

-tane
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 21:01 Reply with quote Back to top

what will happen then?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a problem... Some coaches will not be able to play during the summer and this will mean that if they stay out for the next season they will not be able to return to their divisions with the current rules.

A solution could be to have big 30days deadlines until September when most people are back. That way the coaches that will be gonne might lose one or two games but they will keep their division places.

Please post comments and ideas.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 10:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the season is taking too long as it is, let alone 1 game a month. It isnt fair to guy who wants to put the time into playing. Why the special treatment? Why dont you just put a hold on the whole league then? Take the summer off from it.

Jeffro
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

P.S.
Maybe I missed something, but why is Paradocks and Ubers game holding us up? Our week six dead line is over tonight and a week 5 game hasnt been played yet played. I think the game should be forfieted by who ever is holding up. The problems dont matter, the end result does. Lets get this season going already.

Jeffro
Aconite

Post   Posted: May 29, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep... Some of us have finished our divisions, not made the playoffs, and want to get to season 4 already! Smile

(Brad Osberg)
Captain1821

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 10:21 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
I think that the season is taking too long as it is, let alone 1 game a month. It isnt fair to guy who wants to put the time into playing. Why the special treatment? Why dont you just put a hold on the whole league then? Take the summer off from it.

I was creal for this since the begining and it is at the rules too. Everyone that asks for "special treatment" was it. I don't like to give forfeits if someone can't catch one or two of the deadlines for real life reasons. Everyone can have a few more days to play their games. They only have to tell me.

I wouldn't like the 5 Stars League to be another league with half games forfeited. In 140 games only 12 were forfeited and I believe that it was a quick season too.

I proposed big deadlines before September because in Summer people wanna go on vacation and do other stuff in their free time like going out, going at the beach and stuff.
Taking the summer off could be a solution but I'm afraid that after the summer will be very hard to gather all those reliable coaches we have, back to the league.

keggiemckill wrote:
...and a week 5 game hasnt been played yet played.

Man this is not possible. All round 5 games were played/forfeited before/at Saturday, May 14th.

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 10:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to slanter for winning the Cosmos Conference!

Also congratulations to Karhumies, Habeli and Jinxed for quilifing to the playoffs!

The playoffs have began! Good luck to everyone!

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn. I didn't know we had random seeding for the playoffs. It thought that since I finished 2nd in Cosmos, I'd get to play versus PhilMan's 4-player Chaos Dwarves who finished 3rd in Celestial. But instead I got tane's freakily fast +move Mummy-Khemri I had been trying to avoid at all costs. At the same time #4 of Cosmos plays versus #3 of Celestial, when I finished 2nd and have to face the #2 opposing team.

I feel should have played badly on purpose and finished lower if rank doesn't matter; if I had played a tie in some of my games instead of making a last turn TD for the win, my opponents would have got less BASH turns with my apoth gone and my team would have more skilled players still alive. Sad

Next season I will try to get the #4 position instead of #1 position, if this is the case.

*argues with the ref, hoping to roll a 6* Wink

Jump to: