31 coaches online • Server time: 09:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 20:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Sidestep means you can run him along the sidelines... forces opponents to come near the sidelines, giving you crowd push opportunities <yummy!>
Macavity

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Lazerus101 wrote:
Macavity wrote:
Lazerus, Dwarf runners are passers. They all get pass access Wink

NSS but there are OTHER skills that help a passing game that arent IN passing skills. Strong Arm anyone. Think before you slate.
Note I didnt SAY take a passing skill. I said he could turn him into a thrower. By that I meant take strong arm.

Sorry for your mis-interpretation of my mis-interpretation of your initial comment. Since you said that this (at that point un-named) skill would "Add a dimension" to the team, I thought you were referring to passing as that dimension. I was wrong. I see that now. Smile The "turn him into a thrower" was what actually sparked the comment. I was trying to say that, despite their name, runners already ARE throwers.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

guard

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 21:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Lo wrote:
What about stand firm? Makes escaping from dificult positions possiable.

Stand Firm is a strength trait. with dwarfen runners not having access to strength skills it's quite impossible to take a trait from that group

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Just rereading the thread... for those of you who keep suggesting "guard", this particular runner already has it from his first double skill roll (as opposed to a double skull roll?). The question is what to give the dwarf who already has guard. Dwarf runners are passers or running backs, having both general and passing access. Since he only gets two runners, should he build a super passer (strong arm being a passing trait he can't ordinarily get), or should be content to develop his other passer as a true passer and develop this one into a receiver (sidestep, nerves, catch, sprint, etc.)? The problem with a dwarf passing game is that their little legs just don't go very fast, so the receiver is going to get caught. Maybe the "twin cage" strategy might work. Cage #1 with other passer moves the ball, cage #2 with doubleman moves down the field ahead of the play to get in position to catch the ball. I like it. It's not going to make me run out and play dwarfs, but I'd be blown away by a dwarf coach using this strategy.
Emphasy

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 23:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Strong Arm God Damnit... Peace and... Ohh, you are somebody;)
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Coach_Lo wrote:
What about stand firm? Makes escaping from dificult positions possiable.

Really? No it doesn't. Stand firm doesn't raise the chance to escape with a dodge. But it eliminates any risk to fall over while performing the dodge. So even less brave coaches would try the escape, but the needed rolls of the die keep the same.

Gil-Galad

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

sidestep of course ^^
mUst

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd take guard, just becouse you always have to have your runners on the field anyways and they always end up bashing anyways
Smess

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 01:45 Reply with quote Back to top

side step or guard
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello... he *ALREADY HAS GUARD*... hasn't that been covered already?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

He doesn't have guard - he's got DODGE. Didn't he mention that already? Wink
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

hehehe You could always make him "one of the boys" and give him MB... Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

alright i descided for side step since i enjoy running up the sideline, thanks for any input! Let's see how that player develops now, after all it's my very fist BB team...
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

oops... my bad...

but still, he can get guard anytime.
 Jump to: