25 coaches online • Server time: 08:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lukastrika

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

an advanced we team

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=153978

what to do with the niggles?
next buys?
Wyrmtainter

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 04:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i think fire them 3... the 2 guard are not that special and you wasted a skill roll by taking that second +MA since anyway you cant go over 10 practically. So better start them anew. That will reduce your TR, giving you easier games. Rebuy the catcher and maybe a second as a back-up...thats my suggestion
Bloke100

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd suggest firing one lino right away, and then the second when you have enough cash for a new guy.

The catcher, well that's a little tougher, as it may be useful to hang on to a one-turner. If you really want to cut your tr though then he's got to go, and a replacement or two to be bought. And a fifth reroll at some point. By the time you have money for all of that you'll have other problems too Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 05:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Wyrmtainter wrote:
you wasted a skill roll by taking that second +MA since anyway you cant go over 10 practically.

Uh, what?

You can until Vault rules take effect.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 05:31 Reply with quote Back to top

At that stage, I wouldn't worry about the niggles until you develop the rest of the linemen a bit to cover for them.

3 is certainly liveable and all the players are really good ones. I'd keep them around unti you get "adequate" replacements. Otherwise you end up playing tough matches and having to rely entirely upon your skilled up players and your linemen will be very slow to develop.

I'd try not to use them for scoring and completions, where possible. Your 1-turner with strip ball, for example, is an awesome assist and handoff man. He doesn't have to be the one to score every time, you know?

On the whole, the team looks to be in good shape even with a handful of injuries. You don't need to do much of anything about them if you're still enjoying playing 'em.

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like you hardly score with anyone but the one-turner, which has left the rest of the team relatively underdeveloped. With woodies it shouldn't be a problem for linos to average 1+ spp per match, but yours haven't achieved that. So if you want a stronger team either retire the one-turner, or at least let somebody else do the scoring, and gradually replace the other nigglers, too. Even if you retire all the nigglers at once you'll only be down to 10 players, which is more than enough for winning games. As for the next buys, definitely catchers - lots of'em.

Overall, your team looks like it's in good shape, but if you want a really great team you have to distribute the spps a lot more evenly.
Laviak

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 07:06 Reply with quote Back to top

the only one i'd consider retiring would be the catcher. He's worth a lot of TR, and although he is rather nice, it does reduce the amount of incoming cash quite a bit. On the other hand, only one niggle after 150SPPs is pretty good really. I probably wouldn't retire anyone.
Next purchases would be:
1. another catcher
2. another re-roll (usually you only need 4 per half with elves, but the 5th one is very useful to have when you do need it).

after that, i'd wait & see .. chances are you'll have to replace people by this stage.

Skills wise, i'd look at getting tackle on the ST4 wardancer, and probably one of the block linos -- against AG teams, there will be a lot of dodge players, and tackle comes in real handy when you need to deal with blodgers.
Synn

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I would immediately retire that catcher..... too much of your tr is locked into that one guy and the rest of your team could really use the boost to their own scoring. Remember.... tr affects how much money you make so cash can be gained quicker after you "trim" your tr. I had to do the same thing in a way with my elf team and it has paid dividends since....

Furthermore..... pick a thrower. You only need one str 4 thrower and both of your "throwers" can't throw worth ____. You have one nasty dancer worth developing who is strength 4. Let him be your ball breaker..... throwers need to be available to throw the long ball and throw it safe (i.e. safe throw..... so important).

Hope that helps.

Peace,
Synn
**The linos are fine for now
Mainhattan

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 07:25 Reply with quote Back to top

donĀ“t fire your catcher, try to get leap for him... after that use him as ball carrier with hand-offs for other players.

The niggling guards are to good to give away.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep the catcher only long enough to become a legend, then retire him. That way, you can lower the TR, but have the pride looking back of a legend on your squad. (I'm still waiting for my first legend, even after well over 625 games played...)

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 16:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play for ranking (and winning) then you should fire all 3 of them nigglers!

No way are they worth the TR-impact (and therefore the handicaps and cash they cost you) they cause for your squad.

Without them your team will be back in a TR-range in which woodies shine most, especially woodies such as yours.

Last edited by Frankenstein on Mar 10, 2005 - 16:31; edited 2 times in total
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Eagle... he definitely needs to be retired, for the sake of the rest of the players on the team. However, let him be a legend first. That way, when he ages and picks up a second niggle, you can justify it to yourself easier. Additionally, I'd pick up a total of three new catchers. Spread the love around, letting them score evenly. One thing I always wanted to do was (a friend of mine did it in a league we played) turn one of your catchers into a defensive back. Block, Pass Block, Strip Ball, Nerves of Steel, maybe Shadowing, and hopefully a +ST in there somewhere.

More importantly, you've got 2 ST4 throwers. Start throwing passes with your lineman (they are AG4 after all) and use those passers as blitzers until they die. Then, you can go back to your regularly scheduled welf passer development (accurate, block, dodge, etc.).

IMHO, of course.
lukastrika

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=153978

well, not everything went right. i lost a tree. a +st wd niggled on a failed apo roll. But, my catcher became a legend, after scoring 5 times in a 9-3 win. Then he retired, because he got a -ag, and kept the tr 45 points higher, and the team was exhausted of playing at that level. Now, i've had a fine 3-0 elfbowl win, and got some money and both a rookie catcher..

so, what to do with blodge guards? what to do with a +st, tackle wd, it's a shame to retire him, for sure, and he is not taking up much tr, for now..

what to do with throwers on 4th skill rolls?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Blodge guards get sidestep, so you can decide whether or not to keep them in the scrum. Definitely keep the strong dancer, the niggle is an annoyance but doesn't outstrip his positives. As I said before, I think the throwers need to become blitzers. I'd give the blodgy one strip ball and jump up, and I'd give the other one block, leap, and dodge in that order. But what do I know.
gkornecki

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

How in the world do so people get so damn lucky with their skill rolls...This team...with 41 skill rolls has had 4 strength gains...and has
a doubles/stat increases on 15 of those rolls. Whats the trick? I"ve played 150 games with all my teams and have only seen ONE
strength increase...People are stealing my strength increases !

What in the world are the odds...
 Jump to: