19 coaches online • Server time: 01:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 08:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, since the TR100 Season1 is over, it's time to start the season 2. All the rules are on the the group page. You have until the 18th of may to submit your team. All the teams will be accepted at the same time, so nobody actually knows who is playing which race yet (well, except the admins).

Last edited by odi on %b %16, %2005 - %19:%May; edited 2 times in total
peikko

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

About race issues: how about if there would be 3 equally sized groups, "bashers", "neutral" and "silly ballplayers" for races. Bashers khemri, dwarfs, neutral humies, zons, ballplayers elfs. Every coach could pick one race from each category and when tournament begins its randomly decided to which group coach goes. This way there would be about equal amount of every kind of team and everybody would have some word into what theyre playing. Groups could have same amount of beashers, neutrals and sillys so everything would be lot more balanced. (and same in english, its too early and Ive not had enough coffee)
Shinan

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I would still like to vote for TR100 being a non-progression tournament. Just look at what happened to my team Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I am all game for a tourney with a game a week!!
petsku

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 10:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am with Peikko. I don´t know how long this tournament will last but I think it will get boring if there is same people with same races playing against each other. About those 3 "playing style-pools"; it´s sounds ok.
If that can´t be done , atleast we could deny playing twice with same race.
But so far fun tournament! ( except those forfeit games ) Thanks Odi!
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

If some one wants to get a head start, we're looking for 3 replacement for the last couple of rounds of they tourney. So if someone is interested, send me a PM. And ofcourse if you're interested in taking part in Seson 2, let me know.

Odi
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Peikko's suggestion is very interesting. It just might work. The tournament has been great fun, but Peikko's suggestion might save it from premature death.

Forfeits. If opponent doesn't show up, the other team should be given at least 1 point. IMO its much more fair to consider the match a draw than a defeat.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all I love this tournament and am sure to subscribe to season 2 as well. Thanks for organizing all of this Odi!

On the Semi finals:
Sure go for it. It will be fun!

On the forfeits:
Personally I think that if your opponent does not react at all (has dropped) and if there is no substitute that we should consider the match as conceded like the normal FUMBBL rules. This means the coach that does show up gets 1-0 and 2 mvp's and double cash. Otherwise I think loyal coaches that play all their matches will be treated negatively without any cause of their own. Even this conceded match will probably deliver less TD's and Spp's than a normal one.

Giving only a single point (a draw), no spp's and no cash seems a little harsh to me compared to a normal match played.

On the races:
I'll vote for either a three-type system or a don't play any race twice sort of limitation. Even a random race generator might be nice as long as you get different races all the times.
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 13:58 Reply with quote Back to top

On the forfeits, the extra MVP and Cash is just undoable in fumbbl, so that can't be done. 1 Point for forfeit game, I just might go for that, but not the full 3 points. And this only when it's clear that it's the other coach who is not playing the game. I knew that droppers would be a problem, on the first season, hopefully i'll be less of a problem on season 2 (since we'll have those active players from season 1, and I'll try to recruit new active coaches). The ideal enviroment would be to have 16 active coaches, who will try to get all their games played, and won't drop out no matter what. Shinan is a good example of this, his lizzies have taken a beating, and he still keeps on playing, even ahead of schedule.
bluetooth

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hear, hear. Shinan has shown brilliant sportsmanship tho his team has been beaten into a pulp.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 15:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi I strongly disagree with you on the forfeited games. Why not give the full 3 points? Chances are the opponent that does show up is more commited and would probably have won anyways. What you are proposing means the coach has no chance to earn his 3 points (let alone the cash, FF and Spp's). So you are actually punnishing a commited coach with witholding cash, spps AND the 3 points for the win.

My own team for example will lose any chance it has to win (or even become second) in this tourney just because my oppo decided not to show up. Sounds weird to me. But could you please give me your reasons why you don't want to give those points (cash, and mvp;s)...

Of course my team is involved in this matter but I think it is important to solve this for future seasons al well because there will always be droppers.
odi

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Finally the server's back online.
So looking at season 1, it seems we have about 13 coaches who atleast have tried to get their games played always, so the thing to do is either find a few more reliable coaches, make one 13 coach div or make the divs smaller, and there might be a few coaches who won't be interested in season 2. So if there are any of you reliable coaches reading these threads, let me know.

I'll try to rewrite the rules a bit today (for season 2), I'll post them here then, just to get people's comments on them.
Yashin

Post 14 Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 09:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in for season 2.
Bascrebolder

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome in Yashin! It will be a pleasure to play you...
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Mar 30, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with rules 1 and 3.
About rule 2 I'm with Bascrebolder.

About rule 4. The 2 divisions of season1 have a very good mix of teams and I think that a good mix makes a division fun. You don't have to play the same type of teams, that would be boring.
In order to have a good mix of teams in the next season you have to put a limit of 2 (or 1) races per division. The winner of a division may choose his race first, the one that ended 2nd chooses 2nd etc.

There is also a way to mix the coaches of the 2 divisions. In the new (coming) division 1 you put no1 coach of the old div1, no2 coach of the old div2, no3 coach of the old div1, no4 coach of the old div2 etc.

About the number of coaches in a division, I believe that 8 or 10 coaches are ok.