63 coaches online • Server time: 18:21
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Recordopedia All-Stars Tournament

Is there any interest in a Fluff-style tournament for experienced coaches and experienced teams ?

I would like such a tournament, so I am setting up this brainstorm thread...

Why experienced teams : Finally a chance to once again play with yer old legends you love on a regular basis...

Why experienced coaches : Less chance of newbie-drop-out-syndrom occuring on a large scale (which I think is one of the biggest fun-killers)

To add to the fluff I would take 2 rounds :

1. Qualifiers, any unranked team can participate, no TR-cap, but the coach must have played a minimum of 100 matches on FUMBBL (probably Swiss-format to get nice pairings and a greater chance of even matches)

2. Finals : all invited teams + the top qualifiers (so breaking a record or scoring a Larson during qualifiers = auto-qualification)

All unranked teams that are mentioned in the Recordopedia would be invited. The format of the Finals would be decided upon depending on the amount of teams that enter...

A report would be written about the tournament and it will be entered in the Recordopedia (and prolly several for the GLN Wink )

The speed of the tournament would be set to "High" and the length of the tournament to "Medium-Short".

Any suggestions, interest and/or feedback ?

P.S. : The tourney would have a dedicated site like the Sambabowl-site, with a ridiculous amount of statistics mixed up with fluff...

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %18, %2005 - %18:%Mar; edited 3 times in total
Sinner

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Pity it's in [U]... I do not have a famous U team ready, though I have some that could join.

I'm interested, but I would join with a low team as I can't transfer my Darkie's Dreams to U (and I would never ever) and I can't transfer my other experienced Dark Elves from DivX to U...

sad but true, but count me in

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 14:50 Reply with quote Back to top

It only can be in U. Usual guy can't create an R tournament.
celas

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Any chance you want to start out the tourney with divisions/qualifying rounds based on geographical locations? Along with newbs dropping out, I find that trying to schedule games between the U.S. and Australia (and sometimes even just across the Atlantic Pond) can be quite a chore to schedule and makes it hard to keep the speed of the tourney at "high."

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
It only can be in U. Usual guy can't create an R tournament.

Hmmm, I remember me writing, that I would join in U. Btw. I know usual guys can't make R tournaments. Though you still can create a group in R and count them matches, would not be automatic though it would work...

Don't take this further, this is about a grand private tourney for fun coaches and not about ranting and fouling

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fun, I'll join with my REALLY evil gitz...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

DOUBLE POST

Last edited by Lord_Splutticus on %b %18, %2005 - %18:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The first set of inviations has been sent, we are currrently accccepting apppplications....

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2287

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the idea, but I see the only team in there right now is an Ogre team that was created before the rules change. I am sure you will not miss me much if I did not join, but having to play a team that can field 11 Ogres who all have block and many other skills that would currently be considered doubles (at the moment they have 23/38 skills that would be considered doubles and that does not include the 2 +MA, or 4 +AG, nor the block skill on the goblin) is downright crazy and suicidal. Not to say that some team could not manage to scrape out a win or tie, but the costs would be horrific. A team without the leap skill or AG 5+ would not be able to penetrate the STR 5 wall of block/guard and will also have a hard time getting the ball from an Ogre cage in which the Orge ballcarrier has block and sure hands. Maybe you just have that team there as a placeholder.......?

Last edited by celas on %b %18, %2005 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Lord_Splutticus

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

the team certainly won't play in the qualifiers...

Everything about the Finals is still up in the air for discussion, so yes, it is a placeholder...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

phew Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

When there are enough people entering I am willing to organize regional qualifiers...

And teams that are mentioned in the Recordopedia can not play in the qualifiers since they are already qualified for the finals...

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

heh, what rating is "experienced"??

is 166 rating experienced enough?

I could make up with coaching skill Very Happy

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

teams won't get rejected because they lack experience, coaches will

Post   Posted: Mar 18, 2005 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in and I'm going for the Cas record Wink....

Jump to: