50 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should I fire Bushy Beard (Longbeard, +ST, +ST, Guard, n)
A niggle is a niggle, get rid of him
7%
 7%  [ 13 ]
Keep him, one niggling injury ain't bad
21%
 21%  [ 37 ]
You are insane. He has ST 5. For Nuffle's sake, keep him!
35%
 35%  [ 61 ]
You are not worthy of this player. Why even *think* of firing him?
14%
 14%  [ 25 ]
I'm actually not sure myself - and I wouldn't want to have to make the decision.
3%
 3%  [ 6 ]
This is sick. The whole team is sick. Retire them all! Now! They cannot be allowed to live!
16%
 16%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 171

JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I would fire him.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I never retired this skink though he had no stat increase and aged at his 2nd skill. But he managed to become the probably best AG3 Skink on Fumbbl. Very Happy

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I would keep him (of course) but you said you want a very strict politic with niggling: so fire!!!

at least I won't have to face him!
Mezir

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm thinking of keeping him until the other ST 5 player rolls his next skill. If he ages too... I may fire them both and start off with a clean sheet (relatively, I'd still have the +ST Runner and Blitzer). The way that one is going (two cas last match, three cas two matches before that...) he'll get it very soon.

Hopefully the other ST 5 doesn't age, that would break my heart.

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
I never retired this skink though he had no stat increase and aged at his 2nd skill. But he managed to become the probably best AG3 Skink on Fumbbl. Very Happy

Best AG3-skink?? Because he has the most SPP??
Look at those:
Private Johnson
Private Raider

While we are at the bragging....

On topic:
Keep him. one niggle on a team isn´t so much of a problem. Longbeards lvl very slowly and it would take at least 15 games to train a replacement. Buy a new longbeard now, train him up and then retire the old one.

But concerning the poll, I votet the only sensible option available - the last one.
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 19:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@CircularLogic: Well, I had written probably the best AG3 skink.
But what I wanted to say was: It isn't nessasary to retire players because of niggling injury, they can still be valuable players.

DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted retire the team.. it's too insane.. but seriously, i'd keep the guy, just for the sheer terror of facing not one, but TWO str5 longbeards...

Post   Posted: Mar 19, 2005 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I usually fire nigglers a.s.a.p., but...
He's definatly a keeper
zredna

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I would probably keep him but it's always bad to start losen up on strict rules soon you get another niggler and than it gets out of controll. Keep him but have enough money ready to buy a replacement if someone else niggels. You got STR enough to afford the extra TR from some money in the bank.
Zredna
Vero

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 17:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggle is dead.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends. If someone has hacked the random number generator against you (i.e. 5/6 of your niggle rolls fail) then you might want to retire him. If you think the generator works properly for your account then you might want to keep him.
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a policy of no-tolerance on niggles, which meant the firing of several very nice players who had star-potential. Two rats I kept for a while, despite their niggles, due to their super-star, even legend, potential. However, it came to pass that in consecutive games one of my players would niggle out at pre-match, apo bring him along, then same game get pounded for a second niggle. First it was Katana III, who got retired after. Next, poor Sai, who fell to a damn halfling foul. He'll stick around long enough to get legend status, then retire. I can only imagine the records he could have set were he to stay healthy, but dem's da breaks.

Point being: you make allowances for niggles to stay, they niggle out, odds are huge they'll get pounded should you bring them along anyway. Care to take that risk? Dwarves, maybe...low av teams, I doubt it. Not me, anyway, not anymore...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If you keep a policy of no nigglers then in this case the consequence of keeping him is pretty minimal. If he's out for the game your not going to struggle as he's just a long beard, and your other unniggled players will take up the flak. At the very very least he is line fodder. Keep him, principles are over rated!

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Gumbo wrote:
principles are over rated!

I don´t know wheter or not to laugh, cry or realise that it´s actually true...

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest you to just sing along, Nordmark.
KUM-BAH-YA!