53 coaches online • Server time: 18:05
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should Wights have access to strength skills?
Yes most definitly!!
53%
 53%  [ 62 ]
No, no way!!
35%
 35%  [ 41 ]
Erm, dont really care.
10%
 10%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 115

dadoz

Post 22 Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 02:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I've been playing my undead team for a while now, and it just strikes me every time i skill a wight, why dont they have access to strength skills? I mean they are your typicall blitzers, compared to the orc, human, amazons, norse blitzers..

Or do you guys think undeads would get to powerfull?

I doubt it, as it is now, undeads are strong in the begining, but they even out at higher TRs.. And only having two players that have access to strength skills is not enough when one reaches higher TRs where the orcs, dwarfs, chaos dwarfs, chaos all have like 5-8 or even more players with MB/Guard etc.. And you only have ag2 ma5 zombies to put up.. And a few ghouls that get riped faster than i can say foul..

And not to mention the necro teams, they get outbashed already at TR 200.. They could really use it to be a little more competitive..

Well, whats your oppinion? Do i have a point or should i just go to sleep..?
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2005 - 02:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering the fact that you just made the same thread twice - perhaps you <i>should</i> go to sleep Wink

On the topic - I haven't played Undead all that much but yes, they could definitley need additional guys with guard (the wights in this case) as the Mummies may take some time to progress - this is however even more true for the necros.
Bizzy

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I most assuredly agree with the St access Wights. I mean they can actually be a REAL blitzer then. Look at it like this as you said
Human Blitzer
Orc Blitzer
Amazon Blitzer
Norse Blitzer
Bull Centaur (CD Blitzer?)
Dwarf Blitzer
Chaos
All have access to ST skill

Wight Undead/Necro Blitzer does not?

I don't understand that. Should a double on a blitzer be dodge, stand firm, or frenzy, not between, Mighty Blow, and Guard? I am a hardened Necro player and I know that we lack in the ST field.
Schalburg

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I most definately think Wights should be allowed strength skill access. On the topic of Undead being outbashed at higher TRs I think the remedy to that is to field a couple of zombie dps. It has worked for me so far. But I really cant see why Wights are not allowed strength skills, I'm looking foward to an explanation for this.
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Bizzy wrote:
I most assuredly agree with the St access Wights. I mean they can actually be a REAL blitzer then. Look at it like this as you said
Human Blitzer
Orc Blitzer
Amazon Blitzer
Norse Blitzer
Bull Centaur (CD Blitzer?)
Dwarf Blitzer
Chaos
All have access to ST skill

Me be thinking "one of these things is not like the others" Also not a complete list of Blitzers.....

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Necro could definitely use strength access on the wights.
snazzy

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:26 Reply with quote Back to top

all teams could use access to more skill classes on their players. If I remember it right, Wights had strength skill before, but they turned out to be too powerfull, so they tuned them down a bit.
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:50 Reply with quote Back to top

If they did not have mummy's, then wights would/should have st access.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 01:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just be happy if they had access to passing skills personally. Strength would nice, but I'll settle for anything.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 02:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Geeze, Undead are powerful enough, they need everything but a boost.

Your undead merely suffer from rather dubious skill choices and tons of MVPs on positional players, you'd be better off with more MVPs on your zomblars. No need to blame the game for that (except for random MVPs prehaps).
Eddy

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 02:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i fail to see how MVPs on zombies would give his wight a normal access to Guard, myself.

UD are good, not uber, especially at higher TR, so ST-access on wights couldn't hurt. it's only 2 of them anyway, not 4 as it used to be.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I believe this is a carryover from the days when undead could have FOUR wights and DID have S access. That was over the top. Now that they are back to two, I see no reason the wights shouldn't get their access to S back.
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 02:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Eddy wrote:
i fail to see how MVPs on zombies would give his wight a normal access to Guard, myself.

He thinks his team is too weak. But that's mainly a result of the crappy MVP distribution for his team (and his peculiar skillchoices on top of that).

Imerikol wrote:
I believe this is a carryover from the days when undead could have FOUR wights and DID have S access. That was over the top. Now that they are back to two, I see no reason the wights shouldn't get their access to S back.

Wights had no STR-access when they lost 2 wights. They were over the top with 4 wights without STR-access already.
Eddy

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, they might have been other the top with 4 wights (honestly, my online league uses 4 wights and we have yet to see a broken UD team...), but now they have 2 wights, and they could get ST access. it's not that much of an improvement, on a player which is already very average, and quite costy.

Post   Posted: May 13, 2005 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Elven blitzers are not included, Ogres have ST access, The Skaven blitzer has ST access, any I missed?
 Jump to: