48 coaches online • Server time: 17:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SergeiBautin

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 09:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Blitzers could just as easy be developed from Gutter Runners. You have to take advantage of this fun little fellow! AG5, is wonderful, leap, dodge, strip ball, tackle are skills i would like to see on him. FA and Claw are great skills, but waisted on this very special Stormvermin

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 09:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Check out my ag 5 player:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1797636

He's a nightmare to defend against if the ball is on the floor as he can leap in, pick it up, dodge out, pass it...all within opposition tackle zones. I can go from defence to offence in a flash.

Get a few players with strip ball to ensure that you make the ball spill a few times.

But I would genuinely recommend leap as your next skill.
lord_real

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have decided to take Pass block on him, why dont take Foul apperance on him on a double? The combo is good and FA will make him live longer.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Pass block is far more effective when combined with dodge/catch/NOS. If he wants a pass blocker, then it would be far more effective to train a GR for it.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

If doubles you take Leap. If another you take Big Hand. Any AG 5 player that can take these skills and does not is utterly foolish in my opinion...sure he's not the blitzer anymore, he'll be a nightmare of a ball extractor.

I'd even go for SureHands on a normal roll...a pickup at 3+ with free reroll in 2 TZ is worth a shot in my book...Strip Ball would be nice as well, as he can more likely scoop it up after it falls loose...

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I cannot agree more with JanMattys, this Ag5 guy deserves to live... a bit longer. So on double, dodge would be my first choice by far. I know that claw, rsc, fa are very tempting, but for survival, dodge is the best thing around. When caged, he'll manage to slip away.

On normal roll, guard is nice since he'll always be near the ball is and could offer support for ur other blitzers. Pass block is good but since u have two pass blockers (that gutter must be such a pain in the a.. for opposite coaches) on the team and you don t have a single guard player, i would definitively give guard the priority.

Good luck with this team.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 20:51 Reply with quote Back to top

With normal skill rolls I'd take, strip ball, tackle, pass block, sure hands (I hope he lives so much) and Leap on the first double.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm FA is tactical nightmare for your opponents, PLUS you have a 16% chance to avoid a block... Isn't it worth it to prolong life?

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 21:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't believe people are seriously saying pass block on an ag5 vermin... and even more surprised on claw on doubles.

He has stength access for guard and mb, and you want to waste skills on something that may get used once or twice in his whole career? Or for a bashing skill when he is your best dodger/ball stealer?

He needs strip ball next, with leap and then horns on doubles. After that guard and then probably sure hands, if he gets that far. Don't giv ehim bashing skills... hes enough of a target without making even more important to get off the pitch.
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 21:18 Reply with quote Back to top

See how this guy did it: (and how unfair it is ...he he...)

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=125184

Ofc, I would so have taken Big Hand on that last doubles, people always say how redundant it is, but tell that to me as my AG5 Leap Big Hand gutter is scooping it up out of 4 tackle zones and dodgeing out...
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2005 - 21:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth wrote:
Can't believe people are seriously saying pass block on an ag5 vermin... and even more surprised on claw on doubles.

One thing of note regarding Pass Block... if your opponent has to determine which receiver he can go for based upon your passblockers, then it is already serving its purpose. Even if he never uses the skill, he can still affect the way your opponent plays and therefore give you an advantage.

Not that I'm saying that it is the way to go (I actually think that Strip Ball, Tackle, Guard with Leap and Horns on doubles is the way to go for me as well), but I wouldn't say that Pass Block is useless by any means.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, now I'll never know how he'll develop. In the game he would've earned his third skill roll, he fell along with half the team, as some HE's somehow trampled all over us and back, causing 2 RIP and 2 niggle on their way to 7 cas, not a single BH among them. We're still in shock, and wondering what he would've rolled. The best player I may never know...what a loss...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Well, now I'll never know how he'll develop. In the game he would've earned his third skill roll, he fell along with half the team

Ah, the constant heartbreak that is caused by playing an AV7 team...I know it well. Very Happy
xen7ric

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Soo, to keep the thread going I'll throw in my AG 5 blodging Gutter.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=1809687

What to do next, I think Leap has to be the obvious skill next but then there are choices after that.

Sure Hands/Big Hand on a double and looking for NoS afterwards,
Go for an AG 5 one turner and keep him off the field unless it's my drive (to many skills needed IMHO, especially if I get leap).

Anyone have any other ideas?
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Well, now I'll never know how he'll develop. In the game he would've earned his third skill roll, he fell along with half the team, as some HE's somehow trampled all over us and back.. We're still in shock, and wondering what he would've rolled. The best player I may never know...what a loss...

Should have taken spikes Wink