27 coaches online • Server time: 04:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Taken spikes...how? His first two skills were 11, or +agi, not doubles to allow for mutations. His av 8 is as good as it gets for skaven, so I really had hoped he'd survive for a while longer.

As for the gutter, make him an interception machine. Passblock, leap, catch, in that order, with FA, VLL, and NoS as doubles considerations. Even if he never makes a pick, his very nature and presence in one part of the pitch can force alterations in gameplay by the opposition, often in ways you can anticipate and plan for. That's been the way with my interceptor-gutter, even though he's still "just" agi 4. What I wouldn't give for agi 5 on him...

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:10 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Taken spikes...how? His first two skills were 11, or +agi, not doubles to allow for mutations. His av 8 is as good as it gets for skaven, so I really had hoped he'd survive for a while longer.

More intended as a witty comment since he didn´t last as long as anyone would have hoped...suppose I failed...Hope your team get´s back on their feet again.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Sry, Nordmark, I know you meant well. I'm still quite miffed about not just this game, but the last few...10 RIP in last 7 games and multiple niggles to boot. All I can do is sit and take it, b/c if I have even a single player with claws people refuse to play me except with their own team-killers. I know, I used to have to search for a LONG time to get a game in. Without these "scary" skills I get games in minutes, but I get trashed w/o being able to hit back. It's a conundrum, and I'm starting to be sick of it.

I think I'm starting to take the whole game too seriously at times--I have a very competitive nature, and can't abide constant thrashings like this. Moving this summer couldn't come at a better time--I'll have to disconnect the computer for a few weeks, which will give me time to regain perspective and come back to fummbl fresh and ready for fun once more....

...but until then, grrr!

Wink

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

And in the tradition of all AG 5 players my Gutter died twice in turns 2 and 3 of his first game as a sick ball handling machine.

I'm off to cry at his funeral now. :_(

lol
Smess

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

With no doubles tackle should be your next skill as he will be blitzing a lot probably. After that i'd take pass block or guard, strip ball or MB would be good also.
On a double, i'd definatly go SF or dodge, cos it will improve your positional play with him a lot. Leap and FA (in combo with pass block) are alright too, but would be used less in the game i think. Claw or VLL would be a waste on this guy i think
Jensen

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

dauntless + horns would be a real cagebreaker.
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Sry, Nordmark, I know you meant well. I'm still quite miffed about not just this game, but the last few...10 RIP in last 7 games and multiple niggles to boot.

I recommend making a high AV team - orcs would be good. It will give you a break from the cas.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2005 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing orcs are great fun! Start wit h2 throwers and 4 blitzers and no BOBs!

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 02:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well to hijack this thread a bit i have another high ag skaven quetion.
My faction gutter is ag 6 with block and foul appearance. He also failed his second age roll, giving him 2 niggles.
Should I keep him and hope for lucky niggle rolls or retire him for the drop in tr?
As is I'm not bringing any money in, and I forsee that hurting my team in the long run, but man you can almost do anything with ag 6 (Except reverse the process of aging that is.)

Jump to: