42 coaches online • Server time: 11:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the idea?
Yes its great! past legends taking the field again
74%
 74%  [ 62 ]
No its a waste of time
9%
 9%  [ 8 ]
im not bothered but i wanted to vote!
15%
 15%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 83

SnakeSanders

Post 22 Posted: Apr 10, 2005 - 23:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey up!

Just wondering what folk think of this

I reckon it would be great if we could have a little section which would have teams from each race, the difference being it would have players no longer playing on the rosters. You would have the "Human AllStars" which would have all of the legends found in the top 10 playing, obviously with any "d" injuries removed! Wink

we could have one for each of the races available on fumbbl, even goblin cheaters etc! players from all divisioons would be acceptable, as long as they no longer are playing

the rosters could be hosted (if i can learn how to do it!) and linked in a section of the user guide and you could play them against friends etc!

periodically, the rosters could be amended as "fresh" blood will be added!

anyway what do you think, and is anyone willing to give me a hand in this daunting task!!!

Rob
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its a great idea. I think someone was going to do something similar with some of the legendary fumbbl teams. Unfortunatly I would not be able to help, as much as I would like to:(

I'm sure there are some computer gurus out there that might though Very Happy

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i have an all time Deathgerbils Revenge roster, which was about tr630, i dunno what the terryfying anarchists would weigh in at!

Would be great fun for some gargantuam matches! and playing with all the players you wish you had Very Happy

Personally im only doing this so i can play with Zucchini again Wink only kidding Smile
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

so, would we do it based on most SPP's or would it be a nomination thing with much discussion? Very Happy
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Just checked the top 10 for skaven stars. There are 9 one-turn-scorers (all gutters of course) and 1 Rat Ogre. I doubt there are that many who would enjoy a match against that team Very Happy So I'd say go for the nomination-thing.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

well, any roster would have the positional limits, the only problem arising, would be if a chaos team would have a troll/ogre/mino/none

man, the ogre team would be scary..... Very Happy
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I thinks it's a great idea, I love any kind of fluff suggestion like this.

I think the best way would just be to take the 'best 11' team based on SPPs (obviously with positional limits intact), nominating would probably take too long to get the full teams decided.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a fantastic idea.
Discussion and voting, with either you or a panel having the final say to ensure you get some kind of balance (and a nice mix of scorers and killing machines). If you open it up to nominations, what would you have as starting criteria? What would be the minimum needed? Appearance in one of the all-time inactive top ten lists for the correct race/position?
I'd offer to help but I don't know %#@* about computers.

EDIT: I don't think you should necessarily just take the top ten 'best' players in terms of SPP. The teams will probably need more balancing than that (in relation to each other and making sure all the players don't have the same skills, for that would be boring). Plus, you might just end up with the 'best of the anarchists' dark-elf team. You wouldn't want all the players to come from the same team, no?
Trif

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it wouldn't matter if all the players came from the same team. it would give coaches an incentive to get their players up to that level.

on the flip side, some coaches do have an odd choice in skills...

"Now that's an esophagous!"
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Mighty_Ren wrote:
Plus, you might just end up with the 'best of the anarchists' dark-elf team. You wouldn't want all the players to come from the same team, no?

I just checked this. If you have a filled-out, 16 man DE team, you get 8 Anarchist players, and 1 each from 8 other teams.

One other problem came up while I was doing it, too. What would you do about injuries?

Those 16 players must have at least 40 injuries between them (again, mostly the Anarchists, but all the others are injured too), and would be lucky to have 11 players make the field due to niggles.

EDIT: I checked, 41 injuries not including mng/death, and not one uninjured player.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 03:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice idea man!

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

You could rank them by their value according to the ST formula. Might cause a problem if a few MNGs slip by but it would be a decent way to take injuries and particularly good skill rolls into account.

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, BMM comes up with the goods, as usual. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 05:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Considering I probably just kicked off a 6-page rant about how horrible the ST system is, I wouldn't start on the ticker tape parade yet. Smile

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2005 - 11:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I'd say drop all their injuries ... if it's going to be an all star team, might as well make it a super all star team Smile
I'm sure it would become *very* difficult to beat such a team (without another all star type team) ... but it would be better than being stuck with only 5-6 players for the match (or 0 with virus Razz).

I'd consider using SPPs to create a shortlist ... i.e. you could get the top 10 from each position, and pick players from there. I wouldn't be fussed if it were done by a small group of people rather than the time it would take to run polls -- an easy way to revise the teams later would be to run a short series of polls on the fumbbl front page, one for each position .. and let the community decide which ones should be selected.

Jump to: