68 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Now that we all have played a little what do you think of the stats of the stunty league?

I have the feeling that the snots are way to weak to compete. The problem is not the low strength - it is the MA of 4. If the ball is out of reach the only way to get there is to throw them, but due to their low movement I have to make longer passes more often than I want to - which likewise fail quite often. It is nearly impossible to catch an enemy player that manages to break deep into your field, as the only chance you have is to throw a team mate, but hardly manage to get more than 2 or 3 players in range (one per ttm) - which means a one dice block, that requires a lot of luck.

I would like to see a slight increase in MA on the Snots - 5 at least, to match the other teams, maybe one more even.

Opinions?

-Mnemon
UglyToy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 01:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the snots are ace. The 3 big guys makes up for the lack of strength in other areas, the movement is a bit of a pain, but they're the dodgiest team in the league so that makes up for it. Plus they're hard to kill, I only lost a few snots in my 11 or so games.

They seem fine to me Laughing
deekhay

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I see merit in mnemon's arguement but I have to agree with Ugly. I play a snot team and even thou I tend to get outscored, my 3 trolls and the their dodginess sort of make up for it. After a few turns, I usually outnumber the flings and skinks because they are so brittle. So it's just a matter of being patient. Only complaint I have is the money. I have so much left that I dont know what to do with it all.
Sigellius

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Donate it to my povert-stricken skinks!

Seriously, though, I think skinks ought to cost 50k. Taking goblins as the "baseline" stunty, they have +2MA over them, but can't be thrown (no right stuff); yet they cost 20k more than a goblin. Skinks also only get the one big guy.
UglyToy

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, got to agree with deek there, had so much money decided to buy all my snots a cheerleader each Laughing

But then one of my trolls got killed and didnt have money to replace him!!
AAARRRGGGGHHHH!!!
How stupid do I feel....

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 03:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 10 cheerleaders for my snots atm Smile. But always keep 100k emergency money :p

-Mnemon
David

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2003 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the snots should be MA 5 too.

I know they're supposed to be crap - and they are - but MA 4 is taking the mickey.

My €0.02 ....
 Jump to: