83 coaches online • Server time: 21:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
kaneda81magic

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi to all!
I'm a newbie in Blood Bowl world. About a couple of days ago, i've started playing in this site, but is too hard for me develop a winner team. By now, my only positive result is a draw!! Rolling Eyes. Can you help me with some hints?. There is my team http://fumbbl.com/teams/A.S.+Drizzt.html.
I'm listening.......
Thx Very Happy
Kommando

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

play a bit with the team and gain some experience (feel free to contact me when i'm online, i can give you a training match) then retire them and start a team with a high FF! for this team you might want to retire the niggled blitzer since you do have enough players for your TR. you will want to score with your witchelf quickly and do a pass so she gets 6 spps (and block). every player you have (and thats 4!) with 5 spps only needs a pass which is pretty easy for elves to do and he'll get a skill. doubles should go to guard, else dodge, block, tackle etc. are always good choices. try to play against a variety of teams so you learn a bit too, an elf team with such a low FF hasn't too much perspective anyway.

good luck
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want my 2 cents then here we go....

Your starting team was fatally flawed. You have a thrower, witch elf, and two blitzers. In order to afford that luxury, you have a FF of crap, and a decent 2 rrs (one of which might have been purchased.).

Any elf team does not need so many positionals to start with. An elf can pick up the ball on 2+, do quick passes on 2+, catch on 2+ and doged (Most Important!) on 2+. Start with 2 blitzers and 9 linos and improve that FF so you can afford to buy the witches later.

I have yet to see you play but i hope this little help helps out.

Peace,
Syndrome057
kaneda81magic

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Exactly, what kind of advantages FF give?
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i learnt to play Dark Elves as my first team and i'm still sentimentally attached to the team... however, i must admit that the learning process to play takes a while, and certain teams are harder to learn to play with than others...

i would recommend trying a combination of teams... start off with orcs and learn how to block efficiently, how to form cages etc. then move to an agility team...

irl, learning with dark elves was a long process, and i won my 1st match after 25 games... trust me, its a long and painful process... here it took me around another 10-15 losses b4 slowly reaching internet BB standards... i would recommend practising specific maneouvres in matches, focusing on specific things, and watching replays...

oh, and join the fumbbl_academy... u can learn a lot there Smile

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Join Fumbbl_Academy with an [U] team. There are plenty of coaches there who will give advice or play 'training games' with you (where they will give you advice in-game). Sometimes there are even other new players in there to learn with. Just follow the link for more details:

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1140

Syndrome's advice is good for a rookie team, and there are other lineups in the User Guide.

As for your current team, get an Apothecary as soon as possible. Also, you're usually better off improving your rostered team than hiring stars/freebooters (which you must have done since you have 5k in the bank).

Post   Posted: Apr 18, 2005 - 23:49 Reply with quote Back to top

FF means u get bonus rerolls in the match, your fans throw rocks and kill opponnts etc...

more fans turn up at the match = more gold for you at the end

minimum 5, i have a team who started w 5 and after 30 matches have FF 6... keeps the team going if nothing else...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Dark Elves are a tough team to learn with - in fact, none of the elven teams are particularly forgiving for beginners. Make yourself an orc team and have fun bashing your opponents around.
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Or a human team. Best ones allround imho. And a tip is to not have less than 5 in FF.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 01:15 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, I would recommend reading the Living Rule Book (you can find it in the download section or at www.bloodbowl.com.

Second, you can go here and read all you need to learn more.

Third, join the Chat and go to the fumbbl_academy channel, where experienced coaches can play with you a learning game and you can ask/learn a lot.

Fourth, play.

Fifth, be patient. My initial streak was 0 wins, 1 tie, 19 losses. Wink

Enjoy, and welcome!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 08:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to all guys. A last question. How can i make SPP quickly with my players?
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 09:00 Reply with quote Back to top

the easiest thing for darkelf to do is make a pass, if they need that 1 last spp. other than that score with your lineelf. The lineelf are the backbone of the team and they need to be developed not just the postionals

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Kaneda do you own a legally purchased copy of the Bloodbowl game? Thats a requirement for playing on this site.

Quote from the FAQ of fumbbl.
Quote:

What is Blood Bowl?
Blood Bowl is a board game of fantasy football made by Fanatic, which is a subsidiary of Games Workshop. You need to own a copy to use the JavaBBowl program, so you should know the answer to this question already. Run out to your local games store and buy a copy or order it at www.Games-Workshop.com.

Assuming you do, sit down and read through it. Then go to Games workshops site and download the current revison of the rules and read it. That should help you understand the game much better.

After that follow the advice from the posters above. Good luck and have fun.
Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 09:35 Reply with quote Back to top

i think i said in another forum somewhere that its a cardinal unspoken rule that starting 8+ ff is a must...

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

No you cannot afford a dwarf lineman
 Jump to: