44 coaches online • Server time: 14:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to play direct for FUMBBL, but when somebody says something like "configure your router" I curl into the fetal position and rock gently back and forth, crying to myself until I fall asleep.

Obviously, this is very inconvenient, particularly when I am just checking in via IRC while I'm at work.

Could somebody cook up a "how-to" for configuring most routers for FUMBBL play?

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It's not neccessarily that simple. If you are talking about a large company router it is usually very complicated, but if you mean that router you bought at your local electronics store then it is fairly simple, sort of, well not really, but a hell of a lot easier than a large companies router.

Post   Posted: Apr 19, 2005 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyways the concept is basically to open up a port on the router such as 8081 so that people can see your computer through it. Most routers for home use come with a manual that can tell you how to do this with your specific brand/model. If it's your company router forget it unless you know guys in the IT department who are willing to violate security protocols so you can use JBB at work. LOL.