40 coaches online • Server time: 12:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 06:13 Reply with quote Back to top

i have a team of woodies that i have absolutly fallen in love with. they were the first and only team that i seem to have even close to a wining record with, and i dont want to give them up. i had been playing around with some less bashy teams to try and save up for more players. once my rating started to get high this proved difficult. i finaly got a line man and was playing with nine men. then disaster struck as i was saving to replace my niggled wardancer. my two catchers recived niggles on aging rolls and the very next game i had 3 players die on me. i am down to my last seven players. my rating is 202/151 ish and that proves deadly with handycaps. should i retire someof them and play the team as a 5 on 5 or 5 or a 4 on 4 team? is there any way that i can lower my rating and play some games in order to make money? any suggestions should help...
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=147711
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

im sorry i had ten players and 3 died boo math!
collier1976

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 06:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the biggest problem of rebuilding high TR teams is the lack of funds incoming. Also, rebuilding teams don't win all that often. If you are wanting to keep them at that level of win percentage, retire them and start anew. If you want to keep the team (and damn the record), then look at retiring the highest SPP player that has the worst kind of injuries/niggles/negatives.

Looking at your team, I focus on that catcher. He's swallowing about 30 points of TR by himself. Yes, that's one very impressive catcher, but if you seriously want to keep the team and rebuild them, you have to cut down on your TR and play high FF teams. You have enough dough to get a replacement player for the catcher (or the thrower.. he's got about 15-20 TR points on him).

Just be prepared to lose a few games to teams with lower TR/TS.
Britnoth

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The team isnt beyond recovery just yet. Fire those 2 assistant coaches, that will get you an extra 10k next game from a lower winnings bracket. Then you need to deicide what the team is playing for. Is it to get the catcher as high as possible in the top 10 lists? Or to retire the niggled players when you have enough replacements? If it is for the catcher, expect to lose alot of games through giving away virus...
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 07:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Try 48 TR in that one catcher...if he's not trying for a record, retire him, you'll drop down two earnings brackets, meaning an extra 20k per match. The moment you get that second WD back, retire the other catcher. There's nothing a catcher can do a WD can't very nearly as well. Save up for a new lineman, then retire the thrower. On woodies especially, anybody's a thrower--use your agi 6 guy as the team's primary thrower, he's probably better at it anyway. Good luck.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

What AFK said
Zebaoth

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 08:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Listen to AFK
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Older teams that go through the rebuilding phase usually have one thing going for it........ A high FF.

Your team has a FF of 8. I don't see that FF rising in your next few games after taking the steps recomended above (and I would listen to AFK.....). Laughing

This is a team more suitable for retirement then "trimming". Crying or Very sad

Best of luck,
Syndrome057
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 09:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Should you retire them......

Make sure you show some respect to the fallen pansies and write up a "proper" notice in the forum. Cool

Peace,
Syndrome057
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm I'd say retire the 186 spp catcher.

With the money from your first match (hopefully 30k) buy two linemen and retire another catcher.

Wardancers are a luxury AND keep your TR high. You will probably need to go back to an all-linos squad to get back in shape.
I'd say collect money, buy linos, fire 1 niggled every two linos you buy.
And play elfbowl and nothing else.

It'll be a long road. But if you sacrifice to Nuffle, you can still se the light at the end of the tunnel.

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
use your agi 6 guy as the team's primary thrower, he's probably better at it anyway. Good luck.

Due to fumbles and the pass reroll, the thrower with ag4, pass, strong arm, accurate is better. Agreed, the ag6 lineman would make a nice substitute for the time being (then again, due to the way fumbles work, ag6 is just the same as ag5 for throwing, now that I think about it).

EDIT: Oh and by the way, I volunteer playing against your team with my elves. I'm down to 10 players currently (don't let the dp scare you, it's all explained in the foul policy in the team's header):
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141212
collier1976

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:
Try 48 TR in that one catcher....

Okay, yeah. You're right. I was smoking some good stuff last night and couldn't do math right so I guessed/estimated. As with everyone else, AFK has the right idea. He said what I was thinking but couldn't say. Wink
mstrchef13

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

1) Buy a lineman. Now.
2) Retire Harg. Now.
3) Fire the 2 assistant coaches.

Your TR is now 152.

4) Play a recovery game against someone with a FF of 8+.
5) Get Bear another completion. Hope he gets a real skill instead of more stat increases so he becomes more useful.
6) Buy another lineman.
7) Keep playing games and buying linemen until you get to full strength. Then start retiring nigglers and replacing them with positionals.

My, my... your players have an awful lot of stat increases. Good luck. Don't retire this team until it becomes absolutely necessary.
Tor_AlKir

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

All these remedys above are tampons in a leaky hull. With a FF8 you will lose more players before you can replace them. You have SIs at the rate of just over 1 a game. With a FF8 you aren't gonna be able to keep up with the loses. Dump em, start a new team and fall in love with those guys.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 17:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I think things can saved, mainly by doing as AFK said.

But i might also consider dumping a reroll as well as harg and the 2 assistants. Depends. That will drop you another tr catagory to 150 and under and that extra 10K mat help in filling the roster quick style.

Also trimmimng the str and tr is essencial as they need to use the low numbrs high skills trick so you need the weakest opposition possible. 155 v 145 is a big difference to 6/7 players.

I'd also prescribe at least 2 games pure elf bowl.

Good Luck.
 Jump to: