44 coaches online • Server time: 12:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well your woodelfs can play my halflings any time
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 21, 2005 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't give up on them just yet.

Dump the star, start buying linos and be a little careful who you play. My DEs:-

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=4841

were in a similar position not long ago, and are now well on the way to recovery. Dropping my highest SPP player was key, since it meant I was playing around the 150-160 TR mark. There are a lot of newish (6 or 7 game) teams at that level who will struggle against even 7 experienced elves.

And since you're in divR (rather than U like my guys) you'll likely have an easier time finding other weakened squads to play against.

Keep them going, I reckon you can sort them out with a little effort.

Post   Posted: Apr 22, 2005 - 15:19 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for all the advise anyone that mentioned that they would like to play with me let me know and ill find the time this weekend
origami

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Tor_AlKir wrote:
All these remedys above are tampons in a leaky hull. With a FF8 you will lose more players before you can replace them. You have SIs at the rate of just over 1 a game. With a FF8 you aren't gonna be able to keep up with the loses. Dump em, start a new team and fall in love with those guys.

The reason that he has a FF of 8 is because he loses nearly half of his games. Starting a new team won't change that - his FF is going to stay low.

That said, this team will probably have difficulty maintaining a full roster with a TR > 175 until they start winning more, resulting in a boost to their FF. Drop Harg, play some elfball, and start buying linos. Don't buy any positionals until you have a full squad of eleven players. This will also give you a chance to have some well developed linos, which are key on a WE team.

I would also think carefully before accepting a stat increase on your linos. I have a fair amount of experience with av 7 linos, especially on my elf team. They die like flies. At this point, I don't take stat increases (except +ST) on these linos until they get block/dodge. Otherwise, you usually just end up with a niggled or dead +MA/AG lino. This is especially true for your current team - you can't afford any more cas, so get as much blodge as possible. WE linos do have a significant advantage over Elf linos in that their extra MA makes it much easier to score TD and skill up. However, the job of a lineman is to take hits, and with AV 7 they gotta have blodge to be able to fulfill that function.
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

well the qb died and im back to getting throttled again hehe
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

i think thatmy troubles arise from not being a good coach, instead of my team being dead.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can see your troubles are that you are an inexperienced coach and that you don't choose opponents wisely. WE can't stand up to playing a lot of games vs. dedicated bashers (at least not unless you are a great coach). So play fewer games games against teams with Mighty blow, Claw, Razor sharp claw and Dirty player.

If you like the challenge of playing killer teams do it once in a while when your team is full of players and you have some spare cash around. But most of your games need to be against other elves and/or humans and skavens without to many killer skills and preferably a high FF.

Try speccing some games with other coaches playing WE and see how they do things compared to what you would do. You can learn a lot that way.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I just watched some replays of your team. You definately go way to much in contact with the opponents players. Thats how orcs and dwarves play, AV 7 players won't last when you let the opponent block so many of them.

Back away instead. Make a screen between the opponent and where he wants to go 1 square away from his players. He will only get to blitz one and it will be hard for him to get to the endzone. When he moves in contact with your players dodge some away and use them to assist the others to get some 2 die blocks and reestablish your screen. Wait for the chance to Blitz the ballholder.

As mentioned above try speccing some other coaches games. Pick ones with a good coachrating and learn Smile

Good luck.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 23, 2005 - 02:54 Reply with quote Back to top

yeh its true...

wood elves = dodge or die

(if you cant shake off the addiction of block dice pick a new race!)
 Jump to: