37 coaches online • Server time: 11:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

nope, TalkBloodbowl is the biggest BB forum on the web. if you want any tactics, painting tip, pics of minis, tournament availability and general banter then there is no better place on the internet.

Ithilkir runs a small league over there called the "Gore Grail" which uses an email based program, and i run a 32 player league which i run over here on FUMBBL. Quite a few of the established members on TBB know each other from the tournament scene as well. Recently there has been an increase in arguement and bad blood on TBB, some people are blaming the emergence of the Vault on this, and as a result, a few established members have left.

If im trying not to generalise, many hardcore fumbbler's think that people from TBB act like they know it all and have the right to the final say on the rules etc, whereas some TBB'ers have had very bad experiences over here on FUMBBL where people have disconnected games, opponents who never played BB before in their life and generally bad sports, not something they would usually find. its the few bad experiences that have left them with a bad taste in their moth as far as FUMBBL is concerned, but those people in both cases are, thankfully, in the minority. Some TBB'ers are unwilling to use FUMBBL as a playtesting resource as the LRB isnt fully implemented in the client, for example, Vampires can score a TD if they roll OFAB, the handicap table isnt fully implemented etc

There is also a fair bit of banter and a lot more is made out of the "rivalry" than there actually is!

99.99% of TBB'ers, FUMBBL'ers, and TBB/FUMBBL'ers are cool, its just the minority who have an issue, and thats cool by me, everyone is entitled to their own opinions, as am i! Smile

weeeeeeeeeee..... long post, tanks for making it this far!

Rob
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry for hi-jacking your post Squig, ill give it back once you give me one miiiiiiiiiiiilllion dollars! Wink

as far as in know, Ithilkir is going to the BB too, but he is scottish Wink Very Happy Razz Wink

it would be cool if we could organise a FUMBBL real life tourney, get to meet some of the layabouts constantly chittering on irc!
thesquig

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 17:08 Reply with quote Back to top

brownrob wrote:

it would be cool if we could organise a FUMBBL real life tourney, get to meet some of the layabouts constantly chittering on irc!

Thats not such a bad idea. But the biggest question would be... Where to host it? Laughing

SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

well im behind a firewall in northern ireland Wink so i cant host direct Very Happy
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I suggest Sweden Wink That´s were Christer lives anyway.
(The fact that I´m from Sweden has nothing to do with it Wink)

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
I suggest Sweden Wink That´s were Christer lives anyway.
(The fact that I´m from Sweden has nothing to do with it Wink)

That's long, wet walk for some of us. Wink
Thadrin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

There is no conflict.
TBB for those who don't know is http://www.talkbloodbowl.com
Quote:

Interesting....I didn't actually find out about TBB until several months after I had joined Fumbbl.

I think what you meant to say was "Without Christer, there would be no Fumbbl."
After all....this is his baby. (and not forgetting the support of the admins, gorillas etc)

And as I remember it the first place Skijunkie let the world know of his creation was TBB. The first discussions about league play using the tool happened at TBB. Thus, TBB was instrumental in the founding of this site.

I'll let the subject drop now.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 18:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, Christer formed the JLeague with an advert on TBB, which went on to become FUMBBL. After a bleak period on TBB, I have high hopes that it is turning a corner.

As for where to have a meet - we'd need regionals to cope with the numbers and geography! For Europe, Sweden wouldn't be so bad, though I hear the beer is expensive Wink - The question is, would Christer really appreciate 100+ people turning up at his house to bow down before the server in prayer?

Having a FUMBBL Con would be great, though - we'd need a good supply of T-shirts (XXL size, of course Smile), dice with only ones on them, FUMBBL-logo mousemats and related PC paraphernalia, Enjoyment and Helmut dolls, a real tabletop competition of BB (listen for the repeated shouts of 'Illegal Procedure' as the turn counter is ignored for the umpteenth time) and lots and lots of beer.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 18:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in for that! I will bring the tequilla! Who's got a couch I can sleep on and a bathroom to puke in for me?

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

could be alot of fun to go there and play i know a few of the danish lads are going
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 19:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
Having a FUMBBL Con would be great, though - we'd need a good supply of T-shirts (XXL size, of course Smile), dice with only ones on them, FUMBBL-logo mousemats and related PC paraphernalia, Enjoyment and Helmut dolls, a real tabletop competition of BB (listen for the repeated shouts of 'Illegal Procedure' as the turn counter is ignored for the umpteenth time) and lots and lots of beer.

dont forget the 11 minute turns

and hiring stars before the game

and crowdpushes

and turn 16 fouls

and "whats bribe the ref 2???"
Funso

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't stick up for TBB too much.

The attitude at TBB is that fumbbl is a waste of space, (it's a generalisation, and some of them understand the place fumbbl has, but as one of the members with 1k+ posts, I feel I know the place a fair bit).

In general, the idea is that fumbbl players are for the most part poor players, and it is no place to seriously test a team design or tactic. Many of us (not me mind, I love fumbbl Smile ) consider fumbbl a way to enjoy a game without paying money, it isn't really mentioned on TBB, but get a few people together from TBB at a tourney, and that is something that comes up.

If you want to criticize TBB, you have every right, we are a bunch of elitists in some ways, which is pretty ridiculous when I think about it Smile
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I got that impression too about tbb. Some good ideas, but others that get into the post/forum mentality. People that think they own the place and have a attitude. I learned more here in fumbbl than reading stuff at tbb. Nice to see a forum dedicated to bb however, but it is still a sum of its parts.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 20:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'll be there, scrounging a lift off Mika and you'll probably see me on Friday night playing on Torpors DB pitch Very Happy
Eddy

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

i think that's why people at TBB don't think that FUMBBL stats should be taken into account:
http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=4902

Jump to: