27 coaches online • Server time: 02:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Is FF 8 a minimum for a starting [r] team ?
yes
37%
 37%  [ 66 ]
no
62%
 62%  [ 108 ]
Total Votes : 174

Thomcat

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

do they really think elves will play against them?

And do they have any idea how little cash those team will get when the break the tr 200 barrier ?

So lets lets us all suggest ppl to put more in ff than 1-6

For me ff 9 is a MUST on my teams - that finance the continued building of the team.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I have seen the numbers..but can't find them at the moment to back me up...but the difference in cash at FF6 vs FF8+ is minimal. Now others will jump in and say that even 10K can be the difference..but really? I think FF5 is as low as I will start a team...except maybe for a KO tournny where a front loaded team is helpful. But in general...all it takes is a couple of losses and some bad rolls and all of a suden your FF8 is now 6. So i say Bah to the FF nazis..play ball! Wink

And if you are good..by the time you get to TR200 your FF will havea risen accordingly.

Last edited by ozjesting on %b %26, %2005 - %16:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Thomcat

and reasons why you think the high ff is a good idea or a bad idea are more than welcome Smile

We have all made beginnermistakes (i still play drunk way to often myself)

My biggest reason is this - when u hit tr 200+ - then u need 80000 in gate just to get unmodified moneyroll. each point in ff gives an average og 3500 in gate. This means that the 2 teams combined need a ff of 23. And if one of the has ff 2-3 this is highly unlikely.

I voted no, cause I think that 6 or 7 is minimum...
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

perhaps i should edit the poll - ok the result before editting where 8 that 8 is minimum ff and 6 that it isnt.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I voted no.

If you are a good coach, you can start at 6 and hit TR 200 with a FF of 10.
I am a bad coach, and I play in the 180/210 range with FF from 9 to 12... and I still have the cash to keep my human team at full roster and totally uninjured.

And yes, elves play me. I am not that picky about finding opponents, but I can't remember a single game (out of 96) when my humies got a "no thanks, you FF is too low".

So what? FF up is the ultimate goal of the team, and your best way to keep it high is to win.
btw: whey I play norse I gradly sacrifice 10k FF for that extra lino... =)

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont there should be any limits, but I never start a ranked team with less than FF8.

FF is good for things like pitch invasion, throw a rock, chering fans etc. Whenever any of these come up, my undead usually win them easily with FF20. And winning throw a rock is very useful Smile

Wizard

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

i think this will be the 4th thread were i state the rule again
ff: 8+
its the rules....

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, the only reason to have a high initial ff is because some people are going to say "What, you only have 1 ff? I'm not going to play against you, wah, wah, wah."

I started my elves with 3 ff or something like that, so that I had 3 rerolls initially, and all my teams are between 7 and 12 ff. I don't think I ever went higher than 12, because for every 10 ff, you get a -1 on the roll, so unless you're winning all the time, most teams are going to end up with a number that's fluctuating between 8 and 11, irrespective of the number of fans they started out with.

Since re-rolls cost twice as much later on, it's wiser to invest in those, win your early games, and build up the ff by winning, instead of buying ff at the team creation.
Azurus

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a lot easier to gain FF since the 'rule of 1 and 6' was removed from the roll.

A front-loaded team will have less money for the first few games, but as long as they have a reasonable record, their FF is likely to be decent by the time they hit TR 200.

I used to take no less than FF7 before the rules review, but that's gone down to about 4 or 5 for me now, it's easy to claw back the difference now.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I ask here cause it seems on topic. Casualties caused by a foul count in the +1 FF roll?

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

well, if you have a low price player roster and want to stay for a while under TR 200 by recycling player, you can start with 4 or 5... 6 or 7 is better for sure...
but 8 or 9 is definitly not a MUST have... it s nice... expecialy with elves but it s not needed.

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul casualties count as team casualties, so yes.

It's actually often used as an excuse for a turn 32 foul:P
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

edit: Oops. Schooled by Sinner. Happens to the best of us.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %26, %2005 - %17:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, and to get on topic: I always start with ff 8 or 9. I like to have just that little bit of extra cash. For new elves on elvish teams and for wizzards Twisted Evil on bashy teams. Also, since I get plenty of cash coming in I can easier replace any nigglers I might have.

Only 10k? Yeah right do the math: when you keep your team for 20 matches that is still 200k, which will buy that extra positional on elf teams PLUS a lino.
 Jump to: