45 coaches online • Server time: 09:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fela

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 00:48 Reply with quote Back to top

In which case you should rethink your team selection Wink
djbigjake

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 00:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Heh. I played a Khemri team this week with my dark elves. He also had hired the Star Mummy beforehand, so I knew what I was getting into. I didn't lose a single Dar Elf, lost the match 2-1, after which my opponent commented that the playing against me was "Really boring."

Heh. No crap? I had the ball for a whopping two of the sixteen turns of the match. The other fourteen were me trying my damnedest to live. FIVE MUMMIES. Ain't no way I'm even going to try and outbash you. My leaper tried really hard to break his cages, but kept falling over. Outside of that, I just dodged away every turn while he stalled with the ball.

Sufficed to say, not looking forward to my next match against Khemri.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2005 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

this kind of topic is ok, as long as your khem's dont avoid claw/RSC DP loaded chaos squad. he he
Fritid

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Figured I should play paul, then looked at his rosters. Completely onesided Block, DP and if mutateted RSC. Try and use some imagination, Big hand, VL or FA adds so much more fun.
bogh

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

djbigjake wrote:
Heh. I played a Khemri team this week with my dark elves. He also had hired the Star Mummy beforehand, so I knew what I was getting into.

I played one of those games yesterday - King Tut and all his merry mummys on the field. My lizards were beaten into the ground. Managed to tie 2-2 due to extreme luck. Very boring, the only thing you can hope for is a run off bad luck for his offense, otherwise it's just a slow grind without any real input from you. Very boring.

Not playing khemri for a while...
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Shepard:
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans."

Hey Dreadclaw!
Whats that place you like to go to all the time with all the crap hangin off the wall??

Last edited by Wizard on %b %20, %2005 - %05:%May; edited 1 time in total
banana_fish900

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Shepherd wrote:
I swear to God I'm going to pistol whip the next guy who says "shenanigans."

Shenanigans. Ha! Bring it cartoon boy, I'll hit you in the pancreas.
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Fritid wrote:
Figured I should play paul, then looked at his rosters. Completely onesided Block, DP and if mutateted RSC. Try and use some imagination, Big hand, VL or FA adds so much more fun.

You're missing out:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=634554
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=709380
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=727217

The last one is even somewhat relevant to the thread as it is a match against khemri.

By the way, the reason nobody wants to play khemri is because you can't really fight back. Those regenerating monsters usually refuse to die, hence I confronted Paul's khemri with my necromantics, as they have got regeneration as well (on most players at least).

When a chaos or an orc team breaks out the DPs, at least you know that you've got a good chance to kill them as well. It's a lot harder to kill mummies (high str, high armour, regeneration) and the skeletons are dirt cheap, so mangling them isn't much of a satisfaction.
thesquig

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played Khemri a few times (but only a few) and learned a few things about them.

Unless Khemri are lucky they will rarely win many games and not cause too many cas either. I think Orcs, Chaos and Ogres are well suited to playing them. They are however boring, but not quite as much as dwarfs since av7 skeles taste real good.

With luck however they are really nasty to play against. A sensible Khemri player is as boring as dwarfs Smile

Wizard

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=742756

I've added another terrorised coach to the list..

Post   Posted: May 03, 2005 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Fritid wrote:

yeah.... how come i do never select big hand on my khemri? Rolling Eyes
and i dont often take those skills on my mutatable teams because i enjoy a different way of playing to you. i know it makes me a bad coach but hey... this is still a game isnt it?

and optihut is totaly right... its very hard to find an opponent as dangerous as a fully loaded khemri team with 4dp (five now again btw Wink ) and thats a shame. i love violent games and find it just as funny when my players die as when yours do. i dont challenge very often with the khemri these days except vrs friends so if you see them on the game finder and you think youve got a team that can beat them up please make the challenge.
sry... thread hijack over Laughing

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 04:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=742756

I've added another terrorised coach to the list..

That has to be one of the most painful beatdowns I have ever seen...

I'd have been flinging all manner of curses at the monitor if I was on the receiving end of that! Laughing

Shows amply however how overpowering the Khemri can be. Damn nasty undead dudes...
Wizard

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 05:06 Reply with quote Back to top

the root of the "bashy" team problem is the attachment that people have to there pixels
Almost no one on this site has the ability to play, laugh, have fun, get over it.
Its all about team/player development - and good for them if they care i suppose..

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 05:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I've played against Khemri a reasonable amount (5 in a row at one stage in tournament play), and while I'll play em in any tourney I'm drawn up against them in, I dare say I won't play them by choice.

Its the purity of purpose behind Khemri that I find boring. The lack of players with decent AG means they simply CAN'T pull off many of the manouevers that even Dwarfs or Chaos will take for granted. If you want to have a chance to win with Khemri, you HAVE to bash. I understand it, and have no problem with people playing this way, I can just find games I'll enjoy more against other teams, and get my Khemri playing jollies in tourneys. I'd actually prefer playing against the Khemri roster if Blitzras and Throras were upgraded to AG3 for no additional cost.

I may just be biased though - as Mummies have a disgusting habit against me of catching the ball when it scatters after I break the Khemri cage - kinda makes it hard to avoid the Mummies when they have the ball.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 06:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Funso wrote:
Jeez, the next time I hear the phrase "there is Blood in Blood Bowl" or similar, I am going to scream.

Fine, Fine:
"there is Blood in Blood Bowl"

Fun you have to scream now Razz
-CB
 Jump to: