17 coaches online • Server time: 02:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
TheLegend

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 06:41 Reply with quote Back to top

some teams have nothing better to do than wreck my team. Why would I want to play that if I don't have to? My goal is to develop all my players and teams as far as possible. I need better inspiration than "don't be a baby" to stand my beloved players in front of that.

As a side note, Dreadclaw is a really fun person to play against and I love chatting with him, but the Clippers will win a Super Bowl (no that wasn't a mistake) before I play his undead.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

HAH
now im gonna have to go purchase the clippers, turn them into a nfl team, and win a super bowl
to make you play dreads undead

Goodbye Cusi
Lazarous

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Actually,
I found an answer in myself when I just finished a game the other day. I am not as you may think afraid of any sort of team cause all teams have their strength and weaknesses.

No, but I prefer games where the coach tend to play for the ball and try to score more than anything else. I actually hate playing coaches that are only after my players and eventually try to pick up the ball, if noone is standing up the foul i already used...

I believe you can all see that you get two pretty different kind of games here? That is at least my opinion. Now, I mostly play tournaments and seldom choose my opponents, but playing open I would not choose any team with many skills like mighty blow, dirty player, claw or any kind of skill used only to hurt my players.

Why? Well, it is not given, but it is more likely that the coach that has picked those skill play the violent-non-ball-oriented-style and I will not at all enjoy the game. It is not the team but prejudices about the coach playing style.

And, unfortunately, in open there are too many good coaches to waste time on any likely bad one...
Pau

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I don't usually play khemri because 4 mummies are like having 4 ogres who don't get bonehead and have G access. sure you won't run too far with them but you won't score with a bonehead player either (scept if you have to). So I don't play them with my Ogre team.
coffindodger

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 13:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If i can ever find time for a first game, i'd happily take on a Khemri team with my HE - OK i might lose one or two of them, but i'd enjoy the challenge!

BFN

Paul
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

There's no challenge in fighting a TR100 Khemri with elves. You win.
Fight a TR200 one...

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 13:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Lazarous wrote:
Why? Well, it is not given, but it is more likely that the coach that has picked those skill play the violent-non-ball-oriented-style and I will not at all enjoy the game. It is not the team but prejudices about the coach playing style.

And, unfortunately, in open there are too many good coaches to waste time on any likely bad one...

This point of view is common, but VERY wrong and misleading. It's not coach playing style. It IS the race. How are you supposed to play ball with AG2? You just knock out all opposition and just walk to the End Zone. It's the team that forces a cage-bash-foul strategy, not the coach.

If you ask a khemri coach not to bash, you automatically ask him to concede. I know ppl who have Khemri and Elven races. They bash with Khemri, they run with elves. They win with both teams. A good coach adapts his playstyle to the players he can count on. My humans play ball. My Chaos beats the crap out of you. So what? Am I evil when I play chaos and am I right when I play humans? No. It's just that I use my players to the best.
"Coach play style" (as you call it) changes from race to race, not from coach to coach...

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, I feel so sorry for your khemri team, Jasonian. It is hard work finding for khemri teams, and, as a result, khemri coaches usually need to find their players a part-time job. May I suggest forming band.

Although finding it difficult to find opponents on the field, the khemri team, 'Broken Face', had no difficulty filling seats for their next gig. Due to the difficulty of finding willing opposition, they soon became professional musicians, hitting the big time with their classic, "Nobody likes you when your broken".

Last edited by thechosenone on %b %09, %2005 - %14:%Sep; edited 3 times in total
xcver

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 13:56 Reply with quote Back to top

just take a look at the Faction 1 Khemri team is all i can say

Post   Posted: Sep 09, 2005 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

With any other team that's bashing, you can bash back and kill a few of their players. Khemri regenerate 50% of the time and even when they do die, it's only a cheap 30k player most of the time.
Kitsune-Chan

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

You say that but why does everyone insist on having big guys in their stunty teams...much more fun to have loads of tiny little buggers...
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

xcver wrote:
just take a look at the Faction 1 Khemri team is all i can say

I can't find them. Do you have the link?

jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 18:33 Reply with quote Back to top

i am scared of khemri...

i do however need to play them (preferably the highest TS rated team in U) with my thrall team! so watch out you murderous khemris... i have hired a wizard! Cool

... Confused ...Sad ...Crying or Very sad

Macavity

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

People are scared of Khemri because threads abotu them aren't allowed to die when they should and be replaced be sensible Pirate threads!!!!

Post   Posted: Sep 19, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Nordmark wrote:
Jasonian wrote:
Don't forget that there is Blood in Blood Bowl.

And thereĀ“s also Bowl in BlodBowl Wink

Bowl as in a fruit bowl filled with blood?

As in a fruit bowl filled with blood oranges?

Hey everyone, don't forget there is fun in Blood Bowl!!

What?...Oh...there isn't? I'm sure it was there last time I played.

Twisted Evil