29 coaches online • Server time: 14:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Will you join Cheatfest?
Yes.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
No.
50%
 50%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 34

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.
I've had this idea for a while, and have finally started it up:

Cheatfest

Overview:
This is a group in which I will be running various events for dirty, cheating Unranked Division teams. I'll start it off with a round robin tournament. See below for more info on that

A History of the Tournament:
This is a tournament run by "Da Little Big Boyz" Gobbo tribe. Origanally it was just a local Gobbo tournament, but slowly it grew. Today, many teams come to it every year. It is famious for having the worst reffing in the Old World, and as such draws the most sneeky, cheeting teams that have been kicked out of most other tournaments. Bribeing, cheeting, fouling, and all other "Illegal" forms of play run rampant throughout. It has become more of a Festaval of Tournaments than a single tournament, with tournaments springing up throughout the durration of the event.

Rules:
The following Unranked Division teams are allowed to enter: Goblin Cheaters, Goblins, Chaos Halflings, Snotlings, Gnome, Skyre Slaves.
All teams must be Under TR 115 at the start of the tournament to gain admission.
Fouling is encouraged. Tricksey moves such as hiring a Star player right before connecting are encouraged. If someone does something perticularly devious (and I notice) they may be awarded some sort of bonus. Playing frendlies inside and out of the group is allowed. Obviously, teams can go above TR 115 after entry.

Current Events:
16 (or 32 depending on number of entries) Player Round Robin (accepting players):
Teams will be divided into groups. They will play a Round Robin style league. At the end of the Round Robin round, the top two teams from each group will advance to a KO tournamant.
Scoring for the RR is as follows:
3 points for a win
1 points for a tie
0 points for a loss
1 points for each Cas inflicted on a foul or by a Secret Weapon
2 points for each Kill inflicted on a foul or by a Secret Weapon
Join up!

Here is the group page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2424
Anyone have any suggestions or thoughts? And of course, I invite you all to join!
Please note that all tactics in This Thread are welcome and encouraged (and might even get you some bonus points.
Also, please note that any form of Cheating that is against the rules of FUMBBL is not allowed.

Last edited by Woodpecker on May 04, 2005 - 00:39; edited 4 times in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My Super Monkey Ball team will join once they have finished the Goblin Cheaters tourney final.

However, it might be so that my summer vacation will kick in before I get to play many games. :-\

Last edited by Karhumies on May 01, 2005 - 22:58; edited 3 times in total
celas

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you running this tournament in S or U division? If it is in Stunty Leeg division, I strongly suggest you do not attempt to run it concurrently with the R.O.T tournament. Also, if it is in S, it cannot be an official tournament. If this is in U division, please ignore this post completely.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

They are allowed. Unless Skyre is different from Skyre Slaves?
I'm running it in S. I realize that's concurent with the R.O.T. Hopefully that won't be too much of an issue. If it is, I'll just delay the tournament. And I wasn't planning on it being an official tournament.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I had misread it because the text continued on the second line. Edited my post to remove that stupid question. Smile

You should mention the fact this tourney is in S in the first post and in the group page. I was naturally thinking the tourney will be held in U.

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:02 Reply with quote Back to top

You know, now that I've thought about it, I'm going to make it U. So I don't have to compete with the ROT.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:10 Reply with quote Back to top

You may wish to mention two facts on the group page:

-the tourney will be held in U
-to get G skills to big guys without doubles, the stunty teams have to be first created in S, then transfered into U

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:13 Reply with quote Back to top

The first is now mentioned. The second I don't quite get. I'm a bit new still.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, anyway, you can't create S tournament, only staff can and Albator would got approval by christer
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Hey guys, anyway, you can't create S tournament, only staff can and Albator would got approval by christer

That is exactly why I was supposing the tourney will be in U.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I've changed it to U, so that's not really an issue any more. Wink
Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodpecker7 wrote:
The first is now mentioned. The second I don't quite get. I'm a bit new still.

Teams created into Unranked division can not get General skills (Block, tackle etc.) on their Big Guys without doubles. However, in stunty leeg, Big Guys are allowed to take General skills on regular skill rolls and general traits on doubles.

This rule can be circled around by creating a team into Stunty and afterwards moving it into Unranked division. This kind of a team can get general skills on their Big Guys without doubles on their skill rolls, unlike stunty teams created straight into the Unranked division.

Do you get it now?
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep. I'll add that to the Group Info page.
G_Force

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
You may wish to mention two facts on the group page:

-the tourney will be held in U
-to get G skills to big guys without doubles, the stunty teams have to be first created in S, then transfered into U

Shhh, do'nt tell everyone. we can use it as another underhanded but legal trickery thing. Smile

i am just deciding to transfer miniature mayhem (but they need to drop tr) or start a new team then i'll probly join up.

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: May 01, 2005 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. That's true. I'll go remove that from the group page.
 Jump to: