32 coaches online • Server time: 10:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

hello
i just got my first double on an orc blitzer.
i do not know how to develop him. i already have spread a couple of guards in the team, still have no tackles but this is a double.
i see some option:

1-easy dodge; it makes him both harder to hit and more agile, giving you a lot of options for the future.
2-stand firm, that gives you mobility, help on the cages and a strong sideline orc
3-frenzy which can be useful to open the other's cage, but would be better on the Black Orcs
4-sure feet to have a player that doesn't need a reroll disponible to menace a 2 turn td.
5-other things, as shadowing or pass block; especially the second one can open me new possibilities, but wouldn't help me doing what i do in a better way, leaving me playing the match the other guy wants.
6-leadership, but i have plenty of money and 3 rerolls already. after the one turner gobbo i'll go to the 4 reroll, meaning in 4 games i can expect to buy that, given that it wouldnt come to be of higher priority to buy anything else.

what do you think?
thanks!

Last edited by ZevinzeNompardi on %b %09, %2005 - %19:%May; edited 1 time in total
Kommando

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:17 Reply with quote Back to top

dodge is fun fun fun! keep frenzy for BOBs...
Tymless

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

check out this:

http://fumbbl.com/skills.php

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

if he had AG+ i'd take leap like here. That's so funny...

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

shadowing and pas block he can take on a normal roll, so not those. Frenzy is better on bobs. Leader is better on a lino. That leaves SF or dodge...both have good arguments, but i would prolly go for stand firm. Dodge will be negated later on by tackle...
ZevinzeNompardi

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you for the good idea, tymless.
i saw that, but i hoped to have the chance to talk about what could the advantage of this and that to understand what would be better to mine blocker.
that is, if we speak about why you'd prefer an ability over the others i'd have an idea of what would be the most generally indicated and popular choice AND a good idea of what would be more useful for me and my skills-style.
by the way, confronting those numbers with the previous ones you can find as a sticky on the strategy and tactics forum, a lot more people buys stand firm as their option.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:31 Reply with quote Back to top

stand firm is my personal favorite. dodging without any fear of turnover is a major advantage. Plus, he occupies the square you want him in, not the square your opponent wants.

also combines very well with other skills; guard, dodge, shadowing/takle , and pass block just to name a few.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

take stand firm
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Stand Firm
1- You can dodge without any fear of turnovers
2- Stand Firm widens your field cause you cannot be crowdspushed
3- You can always try that crazy 5+ dodge to have that guard where you need it.

Stand Firm rocks on Orcs and Human Blitzers.

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

hello
at the end i took stand firm, though dodge would have had its point in the increased player protection.
i believe most of posters here are veterans and dodge could be the newby choice (from a fumbbl, not tabletop, point of view!).
thank you all!!
i'd glad to see and participate in further debate on the point!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 20:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Uhm, not really.

I always take SF on my human blitzers, but SF and dodge have an equal number of estimators around here.
I guess it's up to personal choice.

Some take dodge on humans because of AV8, and SF on AV9 orcs, cause they are already well protected. Some always go SF, some always seek the "blodge" combo.

Try them both and find what suits you best. Very Happy

Good luck!

Post   Posted: May 09, 2005 - 20:16 Reply with quote Back to top

There's always another skill roll around the corner too. Try something new next time, it's fun. One of my favorite combination is to give sure feet on a +ma player, which makes him even faster, a great asset especially for an orc team.