84 coaches online • Server time: 21:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PjPants

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i have been pondering starting a vampire team for some time, however i really have trouble desciding how to go about it. i had one but it was retired after one game due to deaths and bad creation ideas. now im thinking how to go about it. i know that the first skill needed is pro, but after that im sort of clueless... i have thought of a scoring player to go get catch nevers of steel,sure feet, sprint, block, dodge or something like that. i was thinking of a blitzer type player with another with skills like block, gaurd, leap, tackle, strip ball, diving tackle. am i on the right path?
AFK_Eagle

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 22:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds fine for the individual vampire developments, but far more crucial to a successful vampire team is team balance--ie knowing how many vamps/thralls to have on pitch at a time, when to buy more, etc. A beginning vamp team is better off getting only one or two vamps, tons of thralls and rr's to start, then purchase the vamps as you go, never playing more than 4-5 at a time (leaving extras on the bench). Until you can get the vamps their pro skill to help on OFAB rolls, you'll likely do more damage to yourself than the other guy is, which is why more rr's and fewer OFAB rolls to risk is better to start. Plus don't worry too much about the thrall developments--they'll get their occasional MVP/cas, but are mostly just cattle and roadbumps to protect the vamps who are the heart and soul of the team (so to speak) and need to get the scores/passes to advance as fast as possible.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm verrrry slowly getting games with the All-Thrall team in Unranked, and may one day stick a vampire on there just for variety's sake, but not until I have four "positional" thralls and four "fodder" thralls for balance.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2005 - 22:25 Reply with quote Back to top

AFK_Eagle wrote:

Listen to Eagle! Eagle is good, Eagle is wise!

Wink

Also, i recommend leaving thralls where you want your vamp to be at the end of his turn, bearing in mind you will be having at max 3 on the pitch at the time. so if you do roll OFAB, you can move him to where you want him to be. Also try not to do important things with the vamps at that start of the turn, if you fail OFAB and cant get to a thrall...

starting lineup i recommend 2 vamps, rest thralls, and dont buy another vamp until all your vamps (starting and bought) have pro.
 Jump to: