33 coaches online • Server time: 09:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

And I abhor a category with no posts.

As such, here's a quick summary of the stuff I'm currently hosting. Perhaps it will get some creative juices flowing.

vfVamp.gif - My own vampfling picture. Christopher Lee just plain rocks.

Human+Orc.zip - old replacement for the cartoon Human and Orc images. I believe they've been changed in the JBB defaults, but not on FUMBBL.

AltFields.zip - I really have no clue. Might be the old dotted fields. Too lazy to check at the moment.

linedsmallfields.zip - older copy of colin's small fields.

MetalFields.zip - my own metal fields. Most people despise 'em. They're ugly, but nice and clean.

NAFdice.zip - Swap out your block dice for black and gold ones. I think I need to make some pink ones, too.

positions.ini - the .ini file I use. recently updated to display Pact teams in a reasonable fashion (if you don't use icons, that is)

smallicons.zip - A project I gave up on. Small circles with a little bit of a gradient on them and labels for different positions. I don't like the way this came out.

field-template_psd.zip - a .psd (photoshop) file with layers representing the lines, dots, endzones, dugouts, etc... on a field. You can use this as a base when making your own.

field-template_gif.zip - As above, only each layer is its own file in .gif format... if you can't use a .psd.

injury.wav - Zy's original "Fatality!" sound for injuries. I always wanted to make a 2D fighting Game sound pack with noises from streetfighter, samurai showdown, mortal kombat, etc...

BBM-UFP.zip - BloodBasherMasher's Universal FUMBBL Pack. An ambitious project which actually made icons and portraits for every player possible (excluding a few Pact positions). A bit out of date now that BBM's disappeared. I'd love to see someone willing to continue the work.

chCarver.gif - Halfling with a chainsaw. Smile

Claws+Deamonette.zip - Qaz's alternate chaos icons. I believe this is totally obsolete, now that we have...

SlaaneshIcons.zip - Qaz's full icon pack to use slaanesh as your chaos players. Very slick.

LoonyToonSoundTheme.zip - OzJesting's second sound pack. I just love this one.

PacPack.zip - The first sound pack ever. Wakawakawakawakawakawaka-Beeooowwww-oop!

picsPac.zip - the accompanying icons and stuff.

skryre+heroes.zip - Doomwheel, mechavermin, smallpox the flatulent. Very nice work by Qaz again.

Footballstuff.zip - I cannot remember who did this. Sorry! NFL sound pack.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 17:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Luke...I have 2 more sound pacs in the works..if hosting is still cool wit ya. And also havea a revamped PacMan file..it's the same but with all the volumes adjusted (didn't learn to do that till LoonyToons) and combines the pics and stuff together like LT. Will have it available in 10 days..currently on the road with laptop. Wink

But thanks for all the help...look forward to more "creative juice" soon.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 17:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there an idiot proof method of adding these? Is it easy t omaintain more than one sound pack at a time and swap them every once in a while?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

i remember there was a cool apoth and ref icons, minis cropped in photoshop. the ref was a dwarf but i tried to download it from fumbbl but it seems to be dead. anyone know of a different place to download it?

Smile
Shepherd

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 19:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Dibs on making an Invader Zim voicepack, if I can figure it out. Features will include:
- moving to GIR's "doo de doo" song
- a Zim "Noooooo!" for deaths

...other suggestions?

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

"now im the master" for /hurt
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a set from "Willow"

"Out of my way, Peck!" "We are not afraid of you!" "I hate trolls" There has to be someway to link these in.....

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Or, The Princess Bride!!!! "Inconceivable" for dodges. "I'm on the Brute Squad" for blocks "To the Pain" for injuries um..... can't think of a good one for TDs....

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for a classic Star Wars one (tis the season, after all...)....

Artoo's squeal for BH
C3PO's "Oh, my!" for SI
Yoda's "When 900 years old YOU reach, look as good you will not!" for RIP
TD's get the theme music "dum dum dum dum-de-dum, dum-de-dum..."
Solo's "Never tell me the odds!" for interceptions

...stuff like that...keep them short, except for rare occasions like scores/int's/RIP's...

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The difficult thing is brevity. I don't think I'd like a language pack where every time I hit somebody it said "I strike thee in the name of the Lord!" from Holy Grail, because while it might be hilarious, cued sounds would then play from your computer for 30 seconds after every turn.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

If anyone is really serious about this, Goldwave is an AWESOME little sound editor by some fellow Canucks.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Or, The Princess Bride!!!! "Inconceivable" for dodges. "I'm on the Brute Squad" for blocks "To the Pain" for injuries um..... can't think of a good one for TDs....

for TDs how about "Asssss youuuuuu wissssssshhhhh!" (rolling down the hill)

/hurt = one of the screams from the pit of dispair/torture

/cheer = "have fun storming the castle"

/boo = "boooo!" (old crone booing buttercup)
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Yay Arktoris!!! Someone who does this stuff, do it, PLEASE!!!!!!

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity:

Goldwave + The Internet should be your ultimate DIY kit! I'm sure there are Princess Bride fansites with all the .wavs you could ever want. I'm doing the Zim soundpack without having to rip anything from DVD thanks to fansites.

Post   Posted: May 12, 2005 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Are you implyin I have computer skills?!?!?!? LMAO!!!!