53 coaches online • Server time: 17:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...goto Post War Drums?
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What should we do with BP?
Disembowel him with a rusty spoon
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Show him why Vlad Tepes was famous
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Carve through his rib cage and pull his lungs out Blood Eagle style
6%
 6%  [ 7 ]
5 assist foul with DP
18%
 18%  [ 20 ]
Forgive him, but do one of the above for pure unadulturated fun
52%
 52%  [ 57 ]
Sell him to the elves for a box of crackers
21%
 21%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 109

BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:11 Reply with quote Back to top

As many of you have likely noticed I have been away for a few months.

The reason for this is that I realized I could not handle my real-life obligations and publish the GLN. Rather than sucking it up like a man I decided to run away and hide. As a result I let you all down.

I wish I could say that I now had time to do this and was here begging for a second chance. This is not the case. I am in the second year of a PhD program and I am in the middle of my course requirements. As such I am stepping down from the position as GLN editor.

If you look at my match results, I have only played about 10 games since January 2005. As such, my commitments at fumbbl were increasing at a time which my enthusiasm for fumbbl was decreasing.

I'm still not ready to come back and play. Still need the fumbbl break, and I am too busy to spend hours playing this great game. I do however miss the community and would like to come back if you would have me. I am sorry I let you guys down, but when the GLN was "supposed" to come out I just did not have that 20-30 hours of time to put it all together.

A few notes for anyone who steps up to take the mantle of editor...

1. Community support was low. There was very little interest in providing material and an overall apathy towards the project. This is not an excuse, but the next editor will have to be able to generate some excitement around the GLN. If there was not such a "who gives a sh*t" attitude from the masses it would have been more enjoyable. You will need to do better at managing this than I did.

2. That said there is a core of support who produced stuff for the issue. I still have this material and can make it available. The failure was mine and not the staff's.

I promise to never get involved organizing or being responsible for anything on fumbbl ever again.
That is all.
hunter

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

I am in the second year of a PhD program and I am in the middle of my course requirements.

Beauty. What are you studying? Good luck in your endeavors!

Regards,
~hunter

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 04:54 Reply with quote Back to top

bloody students....

GL, have fun and come back when you have a Job/wife/children and more time.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
trouble

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 05:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I accept your appology, and point out that it was not needed. Real life should come first, always. You have nothing to be ashamed or lamenting about.

So thank you for what you did, and get your PhD (In ten years you will be sure that it was more important than Fumbbl will ever be)

Work hard.
Stabwest

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Real life first? What? Finish of real life early to play bloodbowl.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Bp.. it's aight.. look, just because you can't cope doesn't make you a bad person..lol.. admitting you can't cope is a big courageous step imho.. now that being said.. i wish you all the best..and hope somebody will pick up the GLN... we need somebody for it. it's fumbbl Heritage =)

Post   Posted: May 14, 2005 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Fluff and life can be so non compatible sometimes. I hardly write for Channel BB! any more either things have been busy too. go get that Ph'd m8! In the meantime, is there anyone interested in stepping for ward for a bit of publishing..........................................The admins on the lookout for someone?

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 21:39 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
1. Community support was low. There was very little interest in providing material and an overall apathy towards the project. This is not an excuse, but the next editor will have to be able to generate some excitement around the GLN. If there was not such a "who gives a sh*t" attitude from the masses it would have been more enjoyable. You will need to do better at managing this than I did.

That's something that didn't change much from my time at it, then. I sort off only can stress what BP said again - and I said something similar when I handed over the job to BP - whoever takes this will have to invest a lot of energy and time to get it off the ground. Please do!

Too bad you ended up being too busy, too BP - but on the other hand, it IS better achieving things in the real world in the long run Smile.

And with that I am off and not to be seen for a long time, again,
~~
-Mnemon
Ironik

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

the cracker thing is very good, well good luck from a third year PhD student mate
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

i really miss the "I dont care, whoever you are"-button
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 21:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I went for the cracker thingy. I like crackers
Frankie

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul blow, Glimmervoid disqualified! Image

Obviously the others know who BP is. It is actually you whom nobody cares about.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: May 24, 2005 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankie wrote:
Foul blow, Glimmervoid disqualified! Image

Obviously the others know who BP is. It is actually you whom nobody cares about.

right frankie... good way to argue
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 20:01 Reply with quote Back to top

glimervoid: why bother to do such a pointlessly negative post. most people do know who bunny is and do care. the gln is an important part of fumbbl and a lot of people care what happens to it.

bunny dont beat yerself up over it. a lot of us commited to the gln only to find real life jump up and get in our way. rl must always come first and im sure no-one blames you. the gln will be back im sure. gl to you in all your real life projects.

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 21:04 Reply with quote Back to top

kk.. to set this clear... at last there were many option-polls, which all said the same... but i have no reason to critize someone for beeing away, i barly.. better said dont know...
i think if a poll misses i should post it this way.. i didnt knew some people would take someone that serious who doesn't take himself that serious... i just wonder why you dont care about all the people who said things like: Sell him to the elves for a box of crackers or something like that... but i wont argue anymore bout it cause its not worth..
you can talk as long as you want about him.. i really just dont care

so please bp, if ive upset yoo cause of not knowing accept my excuse
 Jump to: