55 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you want to extend the season so that all the teams in a given stable play all the teams in all the other stables?
Yes! We should play all the other teams in the League!
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
No! We should keep it at 6 games for each team!
70%
 70%  [ 12 ]
Ambiguity! I will tell you below!
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Basically, the way we are setup right now, each team will only play 6 games, ie, 2 vs each stable.

We have been getting the games done at a fantastic pace, with 8 games being completed in almost as many days, which is an amazing accomplishment for a league of 16 players. Congratulations to you all.

So, the question arises: What if we extend the League Season so that all the teams in one stable essentially end up playing against every other team in the other stables? This means, we would each end up playing 6 more games, meaning we have a REAL meatgrinder... and this means that everyone has an equal opportunity to bring their Stables up to par.

So, please vote in the poll, and let me know via comments what you think.

Z, League Commissioner of the Rivalry of the Gods.
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I can't make up my mind atm, but every team seems like a bit much, 6 games per side makes for a quicker season.. if you want to play another season, you can just re-enter for season two. those who don't like it as much can step out and let others play.. just my 2 cents

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I think a shorter season will mean that the stable(s) that aren't doing well get to start again on an equal level - keeps the interest up. I'm definitely up for a veteran season 3 - the rivalries are getting good!

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 18:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Assuming we keep up the current pace of games, I'm all for more with the team. We just have to be careful to not allow a drop-off, and strictly enforce time limits to get games in or else forfeit...

Post   Posted: May 15, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd say keep it at 6 for this round, and rethink before Season 3. I for one don't know at this time if I'll really be able to commit to such a long tourney, due to the job situation. I'm pretty sure many of the others will at least want a bit of thinking time before agreeing to a 12-game league.

I'd love to say yes, cos in many ways I'm in favour of the longer one, but as things stand for now, I'll have to say 6 games is enough.

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 01:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm worried that someone else will get to destroy the Blades of Slaneesh and if that should happen before I get another shot at them, I will be furious! 3rd times the charm, for sure...grrrrr how it pains me to say that. Wink

We started thinking it was a 6 game season, we should end it there and see who wants to continue. I am psyched though that we are having none of the issues encountered last time. It would seem we have a dedicated bunch of coaches that don't get their panties in a bunch over some head-stomping good times! Twisted Evil
cyric612

Post   Posted: May 16, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the Idea of this league think it would be best to keep it at 6 games this season and then look at season 3 as maybe longer and the idea of a veterans rivalry sounds good to for those that want to keep battling each other with the teams they have started Smile
 Jump to: