54 coaches online • Server time: 18:28
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to create a Khemri team focused on playing elfbowl. The background is that they are a High Elven team which refused to drink from the same Oasis as the camels while making a tour through Araby and Khemri.

When thinking about the team was I suddenly struck by an intresting thought, what about a group devoted to playing teams with twisted backgrounds that makes them play in an entirely uncharacteristic ways. Halfling Khorne worshippers, Khemri elfbowlers and cuddly Chaos. Would it be against the rule to just have the group in Ranked but no actual tournies, just fluff development?

Group page

Last edited by Adar on %b %30, %2005 - %18:%May; edited 1 time in total
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I have these no-tree flings that love to smack down and hardly ever foul, but I'm not sure that's counter racial tactics, it's just weird.... Man, I talk about them too much. Maybe we could call the group "Followers of W'hine" Smile

Post   Posted: May 25, 2005 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

A coach by the name of hunter has an Orc team that is "bucking" the traditional mold for a ranked team. I think it is still active and it may help you develop your idea by seeing his "rules."

I myself have a necro team that played it's first 12 games without ghouls, wolves, and wights and after fifteen games I still have no ghouls or wolves (by choice, not by death/retirement).

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes exactly, the group would be made to encourage special teams and make the teams with special stories easier to find for people who are intrested in reading it.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds very interesting. I've often played mummy-less Khemri before in R, and could probably be convinced to reboot them again for a group like this. Perhaps they'll find a home after all.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, there should be a new division on fumbbl, called the Fluff League. all teams have to have 1000 words in the coach bio and another 500-1000 in their team bio... then, gamefinder would have to show the entire story, and only after your opponent has read it can he/she arrange to play you... now, wouldn;t that be a lotta fun!

*warped humour mode*

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

LordSnotball wrote:
yeah, there should be a new division on fumbbl, called the Fluff League. all teams have to have 1000 words in the coach bio and another 500-1000 in their team bio... then, gamefinder would have to show the entire story, and only after your opponent has read it can he/she arrange to play you... now, wouldn;t that be a lotta fun!

*warped humour mode*

Sweet! My chaos are subscribing for this one!

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My orc team "Via Canada" still throw the gobbos everytime it's possible Smile
Jinxed

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2458

Like this?

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

can i join this sounds like fun?
Adar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 01:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=2458

Like this?

No. That group is more of an ideologically controlled group of players who dislike fouling, stalling and teams that are optimised for winning. I just want to have a way to collect fun and special teams inorder to encourage coaches o create them and make it easier for everyone to follow the development of these teams. Creating a great story for your team and continuosly update it often doesn't feel very exciting simply becuase you don't know if anyone care. By collecting these stories about those special teams into one team allows people to more easily find them, read them and encourage the coaches who writes the team histories simply by the fact that they know that the stories are being read.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, I have these no-tree flings that love to smack down and hardly ever foul, but I'm not sure that's counter racial tactics, it's just weird.... Man, I talk about them too much. Maybe we could call the group "Followers of W'hine" Smile

You do. But there won't be anything left to talk about after I'm done with them. Twisted Evil We need to make an official Trashtalking thread for that game. You do it, as I'm still celebrating.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

PjPants wrote:
can i join this sounds like fun?

Any team with an unusual tactical approach and a story behind it is welcome if I am allowed to start the group.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Nature loving dwarves. no guard, no mblow and no po allowed... unless on the runners.

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 16:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it shouldn't be hard to get our own channel, should it? Taff, are you contacting the admins already? I can be a "junior officer" or whatever, if you need.