27 coaches online • Server time: 03:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...goto Post anyone know how to c...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Adar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, it shouldn't be hard to get our own channel, should it? Taff, are you contacting the admins already? I can be a "junior officer" or whatever, if you need.

Sure Mac, any help is appreciated.

Last edited by Adar on %b %26, %2005 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
Adar

Post   Posted: May 26, 2005 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Well, it shouldn't be hard to get our own channel, should it? Taff, are you contacting the admins already? I can be a "junior officer" or whatever, if you need.

I have PMed Christer today (around 1pm server time) and I will create my team as soon as I have time (Caledor Skyriders or some other name if someone gets a better idea which would be appreciated).

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 16:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I made a chaos team that spends its doubles on pass/bighand/catch and they play ball. Does that count?
Adar

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Pau wrote:
I made a chaos team that spends its doubles on pass/bighand/catch and they play ball. Does that count?

If you got a good background for it, yes.

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

No. That group is more of an ideologically controlled group of players who dislike fouling, stalling and teams that are optimised for winning.

LOL. Optimised for winning? Have you REALLY looked at it?

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

The group jinxed digged out is exactly what you want, taffs.
Woodelves who will choose a push over a POW, Necroteams without Wolves, Ghouls and Whights and so on.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Jinxed wrote:
Quote:

No. That group is more of an ideologically controlled group of players who dislike fouling, stalling and teams that are optimised for winning.

LOL. Optimised for winning? Have you REALLY looked at it?

No, I am perfectly right about it:

Quote:

the group wrote:

1. We practice noblesse obliege, which means that Teams are very, very, very, very strongly encouraged not to foul as foulers will likely be banned from this group, only minor stalling* and hardly any crowdpushes, unless absolutely necessary.

The group is just too controlled to be a collection of fun teams and the fact that they are playing in DivX doesn't help either (which btw makes me wonder, how did you manage to get it approved by Grumbledook?).

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

OK... so when I make up a story about all players being mean gits and give them all DP, I would be welcomed in your new group?
Pau

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 18:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
OK... so when I make up a story about all players being mean gits and give them all DP, I would be welcomed in your new group?
I hope so. I also hope you give them all DP as first skill.
Adar

Post   Posted: May 27, 2005 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:

Having lots of dirty players is a very efficent strategy. It isn't very different or amusing so why would you want a team like that in this group?

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
The group is just too controlled to be a collection of fun teams and the fact that they are playing in DivX doesn't help either (which btw makes me wonder, how did you manage to get it approved by Grumbledook?).

As far as I remember Evos quote of the rule, you need to be approved by Christer or GRum for R and div x. Actually, they don't care unless you create 5on5 4on4 or stuff alike.

Yes R need approvement too; but trully I doubt EMU DMU Pest control or Kaos did EVER need to be approved......

Edit: removed about a gazillion periods because it broke the page. - BMM
Christer

Post   Posted: May 28, 2005 - 07:57
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Taffsadar wrote:
Macavity wrote:

I have PMed Christer today (around 1pm server time) and I will create my team as soon as I have time (Caledor Skyriders or some other name if someone gets a better idea which would be appreciated).

You don't need permission to run what I like categorize as "meta leagues". Effectively, this idea is just a collection of teams and nothing else. The rules state that as long as you don't base the scoring system on group membership of any kind, there's no need for permission.

The spirit of this rule is to avoid people from creating small subgroups of teams that only play within themselves, so that the ranking system can work to its full potential (and please, don't turn this into a ranking system bashing thread now).
Adar

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
Taffsadar wrote:
Macavity wrote:

You don't need permission to run what I like categorize as "meta leagues". Effectively, this idea is just a collection of teams and nothing else. The rules state that as long as you don't base the scoring system on group membership of any kind, there's no need for permission.

The spirit of this rule is to avoid people from creating small subgroups of teams that only play within themselves, so that the ranking system can work to its full potential (and please, don't turn this into a ranking system bashing thread now).

Great! I will make the group tomorrow. However I got two small questions.

1) May I have a group scoring based on how many times I laugh out loud at each teams history and match reports? (not any tournies, just using the score box on the group membership page to show how many times I have laughed out loud when reading about the team).

2) Are we allows to create small tournies in the group (instant tournies, weird theme tournies and stuff like that)?

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

The league is now officially started!

Link

Jump to: