60 coaches online • Server time: 16:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
duderman

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Is anyone interested in doing a league broken down in divisions of six teams as long as there are six eager coaches then division is done. You play each team in your division twice in a ten game schedule then the first and second place of that division plays a final and is crowned division champ all division champs then play in playoff if there is any other divisions still existing and finished with their regular season.

There will be no limit to how many teams can join as long as the six teams per division rule is intact.There will be three types of divisions.

1. All teams are of a different race (max 1 stunty but not necessary)
2. All teams of the same race
3. All stunty, human, undead, lustria or etc.

Will this just a general idea of it... the schedule is is already generated for six teams for ten games with no teams playing back to back.

Will the league is going to be called Division Rivalry League anyone still interested in joining just apply if you send no pm i assuming you want to join division 1 which is currently open (norse,skaven) all divisions in hwat teams are in them will be on the group page.

Last edited by duderman on %b %03, %2003 - %15:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
AflacDuck

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 10:15 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd join, and i'm pretty that i know a couple of others who would as well
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2003 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm interested. One thing I'd LIKE to see is no Piling On or Dirty Players. Not sure if anyone else would like to see that implemented, but for a little group like this I think it would be cool. Myself, I'm sick of playing teams that have multiple PO players that retire your team. But maybe that's just me.

I can probably convince a few friends to join the cause, so to speak.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm game. This would spice things up a bit. Direct confrontation. Twisted Evil
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hehe, sounds kinda nice. But i prefer the whole rules, even if i play playing teams. Which means full access to all skills.

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 07:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, that was just my suggestion, not dudermans. Smile

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 12:24 Reply with quote Back to top

All sounds good to me and i especially like Aequitas idea
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that sounds great. I've been looking to get into a league. The divisions by race could be a neat idea since the power teams could beat up on each other and the agile teams can hide from each other. Then the champs from each race could face off in a round robin playoff. (Maybe choose 6 races and the the playoff division would be a team from each race.)

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 21:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Count me in.
Though you will want to rule how to handle drop-outs prior to starting the league, especially since you are expected to play against teams twice (which I don't consider as a good idea actually). If retirements can delay the schedule the league will be dysfunctional IMHO since they are almost unavoidable.
I'd also strongly suggest to exclude broken teams (e.g. Ogres) from the league.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 21:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Mirascael here. If you limit the number of games to 5 and take out playing each team twice, then you effectively make winning the match more important and cut a whole lot of scheduling conflcts out.

Also, I am assuming that these are all new TR 100 teams to start, even though it doesn't specifically state it, that I can see...

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 02:31 Reply with quote Back to top

the schedules are pre-made all i do is plug in the the names so if teams wanted to play ten game schedule they could with out conflict.

I kept games within in the division so the possiblity of actualy finish a season would be higher due to only six coahes in the coaches should n't be to hard i don't think to finmd at least six coaches whom actually stick around and play at least a game a week.

But division rules doen't have to be the same for enitre league unlees the divisions group together. this a free form type league so if 5 games you like to play then fine i can cut down the schedule which is no problem.

The reason i said two games in the divison is to make more like the NFL i base my ten games and 16 games snhedules off thier type system. i would like to see if nfl type league actually run but getting that many coaches intersted and actually play the entire season woud be hard.

I've been making schedules since 88 for games without one so schedule making is not a problemo for me.
gken1

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 03:09 Reply with quote Back to top

i'd be interested.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 04:24 Reply with quote Back to top

duderman wrote:
But division rules doen't have to be the same for enitre league unlees the divisions group together. this a free form type league so if 5 games you like to play then fine i can cut down the schedule which is no problem.

Hey, it's your league. Either way it sounds like a fun setup. I was just offering my favorite (and usually least helpful) kind of advice: unsolicited
Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 05:01 Reply with quote Back to top

actual i intend the league to be a democracy so every voice counts
Indûr

Post   Posted: Jul 03, 2003 - 06:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll gladly join, and I actually like the idea of meeting each team twice, kinda makes it more personal. Wink
 Jump to: