20 coaches online • Server time: 07:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post BB2020 - Kick team m...goto Post What happened?goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
origami

Post   Posted: May 30, 2005 - 14:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, you gotta be careful...any woman has the potential to develop "ball and chain"

Wink
InkRose

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! finally some sense (and a healthy dose of semi-off-topic humour) in a "this-and-that's-wrong-with-fumbbl" thread. I've begun writing a reply in any number of these, but it's always ended up more or less off-topic ranting. I guess that's what happens again, but I'm posting this anyway.

What is now Ranked was originally Open, and the only thing that was meant to change was the name. This means - as several coaches have said in this thread already - that you and everyone else has the right to accept any game within the guidelines, or decline if they wish. No-one even needs a reason, but of course it's polite to give one, at least if someone asks. The current Unranked used to be Tournament, and there the new name I think is better since it has developed into another open environment. Only without one added statistic and with a few additional races.

I've always played in mostly O/R on FUMBBL, with a few minor excursions into DivX and F, and one game in Ladder. I've also played in a few friend-run U tournaments. I play in R I guess largely out of habit nowadays, since there's not much difference between the divisions. I also do it because it's as close to the way I think the game's meant to be played by the people who created the version we now play. Or was when I started, rather, but that was over two years ago. Back then, the thing I fell in love with about FUMBBL was the freedom of Open, even though each coach only had 2 teams per division. There was no HC table, but still - or should I say because of that - people played up in both TR and TS. Sometimes wildly unbalanced games, just for the fun of it.

That freedom is the very heart of FUMBBL, as has also been mentioned in numerous threads, and it should be cherished. Perhaps we should consider renaming Ranked to Open... It might help everyone remember what this system is about. This rant is now over.

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides, if we were forced to play games, we may as well get paid for it.

<Z realizes that he plays from work and DOES get paid for playing BB>

I mean, if you had to play against a certain team, why wouldn't you simply go play a TT league with only 5 people? The fact that we have X number of coaches means that if I didn't enjoy a game, or didn't like playing against a certain team, I can choose not to do so.

For example, I don't like the Ogre team. At all. In fact, both times that I've played against them, the team was decimated beyond recovery. At that point, I decided never to play vs Ogres again, no matter what the TR/STR difference unless I was forced to. Changing an open division so that I am forced to do so is rather unsettling for me, and it would probably diminish my enjoyment knowing that sooner or later I have a looming retirement hanging over each team's head.

Z
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jun 02, 2005 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

DonKosak wrote:
As long as she hasn't got strip ball... *ouch* I tell ya Shocked

*shrugs*

Post   Posted: Jun 06, 2005 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure hands and Pro work for me.........

Now for someone like Naama:

Stunty, Always hungry, Foul appearance........

Twisted Evil

Peace,
__Synn
**On topic: easy way to avoid people turning you down is to not take skills that scare the n00bs.
golan

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 16:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with ChrisB, masterpaw and others:
everyone should have the right to play the way he prefers.

I'm personally not a cherrypicker, but not a coach that accepts every game... simply, I like balanced games first, and games in which I can have fun.
Also, because of the limited time I have, I simply don't like too much playing vs teams that can ERASE my team, because I wouldn't have time to rebuild it again and again.
But this is only my personal way of seeing bloodbowl here in fumbbl, just it.

Probably, we could start to think to a New.Ranked division, in which we can avoid cherrypicking. Just it.

Cheers,
peke

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

To original poster (without reading rest of the posts):

Just do what I do. Sit in gamefinder and take every challenge you get. The bashier the opposing team, the more you foul and humiliate it. Simple as that Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
And this behaviour is tolerated?

You should be thankful that FUMBBL is a tolerant place; in many other forums I frequent, you would have had your account suspended for your repeated breaking of the rules and tendency to resort to personal attacks.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

could anyone please enlighten me whats the mistery about this dp skill?
as far as i can see... this skill allows just modifications on fouls you always have on blocks with mb, claw or rsc...
but even if you just make one foul per half you have a 16% chance to get the fouler the equivalent of Badly Hurt, 50% on the second foul.... I meen, right the other player can die... but this doesn't change anything in the game.... so why are there that much people, calling dp overrated?
block is overrated, claw is overrated, mighty blow is overrated maybe... but dp? i never found a coach who won a game cause he had dp-player....
personally i think weaken your team by givin your players dp instead of block will be a safe way to loose the next gam
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
i never found a coach who won a game cause he had dp-player....

Well, DP maybe is not overpowered. But Get the Ref is.
If your opponent gets the ref and has a DP on the pitch in turn 1, your team is half destroyed, no matter your AV.

AND it wins games. It surely does.

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Glimmervoid wrote:
could anyone please enlighten me whats the mistery about this dp skill?
as far as i can see... this skill allows just modifications on fouls you always have on blocks with mb, claw or rsc...
but even if you just make one foul per half you have a 16% chance to get the fouler the equivalent of Badly Hurt, 50% on the second foul.... I meen, right the other player can die... but this doesn't change anything in the game.... so why are there that much people, calling dp overrated?
block is overrated, claw is overrated, mighty blow is overrated maybe... but dp? i never found a coach who won a game cause he had dp-player....
personally i think weaken your team by givin your players dp instead of block will be a safe way to loose the next gam

You can foul with assists, wch can give you an automatic injury roll with +2 on it.
You never saw a coach winning a game cause of DP ? Say you have a roster of 12 players, if that DP remove the best 3 you re left with 9 players, and not the best, you ll have harder time to win the game. Now assume the other team got 2 more DP (skellies, zombies etc ..) you ll end thegame with not a lot of players
In my opinion DP is broken, but part of the rule for now so i m using it and playing against it
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Aug 27, 2005 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:

Im sorry people, but this is NOT ok.
Its not perfectly ok for everybody to be completely free to chose to play or not. His Team was listed in Gamefinder, as was mine. So both of us want to play blood bowl. And this is what this place is about finding people and teams to play against...

Erm...cba reading the whole thread, as it's ridiculous to the point of incredulity. You can't reason with someone who advocates fixed games in an open setting. You want all coaches, with all teams, that are lfg, to accept any game that gets offered? Don't think so dude, and you're deluding yourself if you think it's going to happen. Play tourneys if you want your killer Chaos teams to play Elves with no chance of the game being turned down...they will concede instead...

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree. And this thing with "DP'ers", what the hell is that? I am new to fumbbl but I have been playing Blood Bowl since Kerrunch and i have never found a problem with the rules. If you wanna min/max your team I have no problem with you doing that. You wanna turn down opponents that you feel you would NOT enjoy playing against, I got no problem with that. You wanna force me to play you because no one wants to play your min/maxed team? Now we got a problem. I play who I want, when I want. If you don't like it BigMac, go find a fun fluffy game to play like Settlers of Catan or something. Sorry to come off so harsh. If that guy is TOO picky, he may be looking for a game as long as you.....who knows.
keggiemckill

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 05:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Except for JanMatty, your all sissys! Word to yo motha!

Jeffro
Mysfyt

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

keggiemckill wrote:
Except for JanMatty, your all sissys! Word to yo motha!

What you say 'bout my momma? Betta get yo strap before I bust a cap...

j/k Laughing

Sorry, too much GTA: San Andreas
 Jump to: