54 coaches online • Server time: 16:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

The Grotty Little Tournament will be using a set schedule for its Qualifying Tournaments. Please make sure you apply to the Qualifyers Group rather than the main tournament group.

Qualifying Tournaments for the Grotty Little Tournament are scheduled for:

* June 4th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
* June 5th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
* June 11th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM
* June 12th 10 AM, 2 PM, 6 PM and 10 PM

All times are Bowl Bot Time (type "bb time" in chat or GMT +1)

Spots in the Qualifying Tournaments will be given to those coaches in the #GLT irc channel based on team application time. Coaches arriving on time will be given priority over late arrivals.

One Quick Start Qualifying Tournament will be run in each of these slots (16 in all) to decide who will qualify for the main tournament. If there is insufficient coaches ready at any of these times, other qualifying tournaments will be run on June 19th (June 20th if needed) at the same times.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 00:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a friendly reminder.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The first qualifer has started after a slight delay. Let's hope the 2 PM Qualifier runs more smoothly.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed. The first one was alot of fun, I managed to hold my own kinda against a way more advanced team than mine, only lost 2-1. Not bad i feel for my first official Tournament showing.
This is a very fun tournament folks, I highly recommend it.

Oh, and if you can use TeamSpeak to either just listen in on stuff or to participate, that would be awesome.

McCloud
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 19:36 Reply with quote Back to top

The first 3 qualifiers have started. The next qualifier will start at 10 PM Bowl Bot Time.

Post   Posted: Jun 04, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

All 4 Saturday GLT Qualifiers have started. 4 more are scheduled for tomorrow. Apply early to the GLT Qualifier group. The 8 spots in each qualifier go to the coaches in channel (who confirm they are ready at the start time) with the earliest application date and time.

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

My team, Da Teef Rippas, has reached the final of GLT Qualifier #2. Both initial matches had to be forfeited due to connection problems that *I* apparently caused. I have no idea what's causing it, but for this I am deeply sorry. Da Rippas did play and win both matches, but for reasons beyond my understanding no results could be generated. Sad

The first match, against Aequitas' Intense Fear, had to be abandoned at half time because of the problems. Da Rippas were then leading 1-0 and Aequitas could only field half a team for 2nd half.

The second match, against Mr_QB's Crusaders of Naggaroth, was played out to the very end. Da Rippas won 3-2 after Overtime. No results file was generated however.

Again, my sincere apologies to Aequitas, Mr_QB and all the other coaches in the GLT for this. It looks bad when you can't follow the teams thru the tourney and see the match reports.

The final has started but had to be abandoned for now because of the same problem. We have re-scheduled for Monday evening BB time, when I will hopefully have fixed it. I have now run a Windows Update, installed some misc. support files and re-installed the browser, java and BB client. Hope that will do the trick.

EDIT: Played two matches since re-install, no problems. Yay! Smile

Last edited by MadTias on %b %05, %2005 - %14:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

After a tough first round I am proud to say that Fun With Goats advanced through the 1st Qualifier and are the first team in the GLT!

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=163488

For the second time in this tourney my kicker has been SI'ed. Lil Mikey aged after the qualifier and already the team has made arrangements to replace him.

Peace,
__Synn
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 05, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

To The Ratmobile! has beat all the odds and has advanced to the final tournament! Their qualifying run was a tale of luck, bravery, luck, good coaching but above all luck as they went out to beat the dwarves on a pushback one-turner after a Quick Snap in turn 16 and somehow managed to do everything right against the elves, while the elves did everything wrong.

In the course of the tournament the team sustained nine injuries in a total of three matches, fully six of which were permanent. Despite this the team is still standing and looking better than ever, with the rookie Gutter Runner who was hired to play his first match this qualifier having shown himself to be the first of a new generation of Gutter Runner mega-stars, while the old stars are still pulling their weight.

To The Ratmobile! hopes to have a relaxing fortnight as they enter a training camp to prepare for their gruelling tournament run to come. They judge their chances to be low, but there is one thing that they will never do, and that is give up. To the very end, to the last roll of the dice, there will be a Gutter Runner going for that ball even if it costs him his life.

Our Six-Fu is strong.

Post   Posted: Jun 11, 2005 - 10:38 Reply with quote Back to top

GLT Qualifier #9 has just started. GLT Qualifier #10 will begin at 2 PM Bowl Bot Time.

Just a reminder to make sure you apply to the qualifying group as early as possible, as spots are given to the coaches who applied to the group at the earliest date and time. There are frequently 10+ coaches in channel at start time. Only the 8 teams with the earliest application date will be accepted.

Note: You can only have 1 team applying to the group at a time. Only your first team will be considered for a qualifier. All 2nd team applications will be deleted.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 02:03 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Grace of Wood D.M.U has swept through qualifier 10 with a quite amazing TD difference of 11 scored and one allowed. Wardancer Mukhael Cloudstrife deserves a special mention since he was responsible for 5 touchdowns as well as a gamebreaking interception in the final game.

Thanks to opponents, commentator and the audience. I had a blast and so did my woodies. Will be seeing you in the GLT!
albator2001

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

When will we receive the +1 FF gift ?
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone know when our teams will be frozen? I still have 2 rookie mummies Laughing

EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Albator, why do you keep on posting obsessively annoying questions in public forums? This is the second time you have claimed to not to have received your prize in a tournament that I have run. I'm beginning to suspect you are being deliberately annonying. The +1 FF was given automatically at the end of each qualifier.

thesquig, the playoff draw will be created at least 3 days after the completion of the last GLT Qualifer. Teams will be frozen at that time.

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
Link