27 coaches online • Server time: 09:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should teams with injured players be forced to concede?
Yes
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
No
90%
 90%  [ 73 ]
Other
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 81

peikko

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 08:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Should injured players be forced to concede game? Theres been some suggestions that its unfair to score easy td's to the open field and hog lots of spp this way.

important note: this thread is about 1vs1, do not post comments about conceding in generally, these posts will be deleted from this thread.

Last edited by peikko on %b %31, %2005 - %09:%May; edited 1 time in total
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 08:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooooooo.

Never concede! Wink

If one conceeds the opponent gains all the cash and the extra MVP. Not much worse than scoring a few TDs. Of course it depends on when the injury occurs. And what kind of player is still on the field. Let´s see how many TDs our Treeman will score. Laughing

And, isn´t there a chance, a player with many SPPs will leave the team after conceeding a game?

No, not a good idea.
calon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 09:05 Reply with quote Back to top

removed

Last edited by calon on %b %31, %2005 - %09:%May; edited 1 time in total
Silver

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Every Player above 51 SPPs rolls the dice to look, if he wants to leave the team.
And no, I don't think, that a team should be forced to concede a game.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Silver wrote:
Every Player above 51 SPPs rolls the dice to look, if he wants to leave the team.
And no, I don't think, that a team should be forced to concede a game.

Ooh, good point, most get over 51 at some point, so would lose their player.
Greenfort

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

No one should be forced to concede. It should be left up to the player whos team is getting decimated.
It´s a choice between staying in the game to get some winnings and a MVP award, vs. quitting to prevent your team from getting so damaged that it´ll need to be retired.
When I´m playing someone who hasn´t got many players left, I usually focus on scoring and completing with the correct players, the ones who are close to a skill, instead of punishing the opponent.

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Until the end... never concede... never... Rarrrr Smile

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:16 Reply with quote Back to top

What about 1vs1 games where one player is mng (from the last match), and no freebooters have been hired?

I know there has been trouble getting a match like that counted because it couldn't assign an MVP...

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 11:36 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say the team should have to hire freebooters if they can, but assuming the game mechanics allow it then i dont think you should ever have to concede
Arcon

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 14:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Instead, I believe we should disallow conceeding after a cas was recieved.

There is no need for that coach to conceed. Just suffer through the match.

if the player is cased, no harm can happen to him, conceeding would just mean to take away the game from the opponent, and that is not good sport.

And yes, a team should have to field a player....
Mezir

Post   Posted: May 31, 2005 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What about if there's no cash for a freebooter.

Since no MVP can be appointed, you can't finish the match. You can't concede because the other side can't appoint two MVPs to one player (I think...)... So what then? Retiring the team is the only option, since it can't actually play any more.

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

And if they arnt able to field a player at all due to handicap? shouldnt that be an automatic reload?

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:
What about if there's no cash for a freebooter.

Since no MVP can be appointed, you can't finish the match. You can't concede because the other side can't appoint two MVPs to one player (I think...)... So what then? Retiring the team is the only option, since it can't actually play any more.

The MVP can be apointed, I've had MNG players get the mvp before.
Vero

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Never played 1 vs 1 but forcing a consede with 51+spp player is not fun half of the time.
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 01, 2005 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Britnoth: yes that would explain those times that people come into #FumbblAdmin asking what they should do when their 1vs1 match refuses to upload because they got "Unable to find valid player for MVP Award after 1000 tries" five times in a row.

The problem is there somewhere.