29 coaches online • Server time: 09:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
locutus

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2003 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

For a few dollars we play 2 - Widowmakers 0.

Luck was with the dwarfs this time.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=70221
Indûr

Post   Posted: Jun 26, 2003 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue Mountain Gliders 2-2 Fatal Lobotomy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=70718

The outnumbered elves from Blue Mountain, only nine players at start, still miraculously managed a draw against Fatal Lobotomy.

The Gliders suffered another serious injury however and are only going to field at most nine elves in their next match, in addition they got their second player aging (out of three skills on three elves).
MarNoel

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2003 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=72325

There has been some talk about Mezir retiring his team after this match. I hope he chooses to stay in the league, maybe make the playoffs, and get a chance to play me again. It was a 1-1 tie.
locutus

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

For a few dollars we play 3 Blue Mountain Gliders 0

After an incredibly lucky match for the dwarfs with one dead player and one niggler for the blue mountain gliders.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=72859
Indûr

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2003 - 22:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue Mountain Gliders 0 - 3 For a few dollars we play

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=72859

A solid win by the dwarves against the outnumbered elves, most of the match they played with only three or four elves on the field...
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2003 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to new divT, the league has finally got a decent replacement for the Black Mountain Warriors:

Evo joins the NBBA FL with the Roaming Rampaging Rapids, a promising new team full of beautyful mercyless merfolk maidens!
dunster

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2003 - 16:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Save Our Sandwiches vs Fatal Lobotomy

0-5

With only 8 brave Halflings and one furious Ogre 'Save Our Sandwiches' couldn't do much against the sinister 'Fatal Lobotomy' who managed to jinx the ball and even some hairy little feet before kick off. Twisted Evil

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=74052
Rockfrog

Post   Posted: Jul 04, 2003 - 02:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Orcland Tygers 1 - 2 Altdorfian Avengers

Another 2-1 loss to the rookie orcs, though a far improved performance than last week against the halflings. A quick first score saw them go behind, somewhat stunned, before drawing level on the stroke of half time.

The second half was a long drawn out affair, the orcs coming oh so very close to scoring to go into the lead... but it wasn't to be, and last man heroics by the Avengers ogre saw the play switch around, for an Avengers score as the second half expired. 2-1 Avengers, final score.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=75075
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jul 05, 2003 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Roaming Rampaging Rapids

Roaming Rampaging Rapids 2 Norse Gods 1
The Rapids got lost at sea, and began their journey with a match at their third port of call against the Norse Gods. Unfortunately they were in a hurry and forgot to pack their cheese. This proved to be a colossal mistake. Otherwise they could have enjoyed their victory in style.

Roaming Rampaging Rapids 3 Orcland Tygers 1
The Rapids continued their backtracking and made it successfully to their second port of call where they encountered some orcs and goblins who wanted to learn how to play blood bowl. The Rapids taught the Tygers a few lessons and introduced them to a few of the Rapids's fans. A good time was had by all. The Tygers then gave them directions to the Razor Claws's homefield.

Roaming Rampaging Rapids 3 Torconto Masher Leafs 0
The Rapids almost made it to there initial port of call but a nasty blizzard knocked them off course, where they were set upon by some orcs from Torconto. But the Masher Leafs didn't do much mashing as they fell as quickly as the snow fell from the sky on that fateful day.

Roaming Rampaging Rapids 3 Blue Mountain Gliders 0
Just as the blizzard cleared up, out from the mountains comes gliding down a swarm of elves looking for a match. Unfortunately, two of them crash landed coming down from such great heights and couldn't play. The elves did their best but sheer numbers overwhelmed them. The elves were admirable opponents and we enjoyed some wine and cheese with them after the game.

Last edited by EvolveToAnarchism on %b %11, %2003 - %08:%Jul; edited 2 times in total
dunster

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 00:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Fatal Lobotomy vs Norse Gods
1-0
Luckily the dark elves won this peculiar game. After a 5 turn riot and a pass interception by the Norse, Nuffle switched sides and let them pay for it.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=76765
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Save Our Sandwiches remembers the last match against high elves. They got the ref in turn one and did not foul, because they were sure that high elves advocated fair play, which was fine with SOS. Not so! Big Lazy Tosser's carreer was brutally ended on a foul, and Mighty Zug had to nurse a broken arm due to one as well... SOS vowed never again!

Today the played another high elf team. Again their fans went for the referee. This time SOS fouled, ruthlessly. By the end of the first half, only two elves were left on the pitch. At the end of the match only one elf remained standing. SOS won the match 2 - 1 in a complete and utter bash-out. Head coach wanders off, laughing manically.

Save Our Sandwiches - 2 vs 1 - Blue Mountain Gliders

Indur gave me a boatload of trouble with those last two elves of his. Annoying little bastards. I lucked out somewhat on the cas rolls, but hey, I'm allowed some luck too. Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote
Quote:

Save Our Sandwiches remembers the last match against high elves. They got the ref in turn one and did not foul, because they were sure that high elves advocated fair play, which was fine with SOS. Not so! Big Lazy Tosser's carreer was brutally ended on a foul, and Mighty Zug had to nurse a broken arm due to one as well... SOS vowed never again!

Today the played another high elf team. Again their fans went for the referee. This time SOS fouled, ruthlessly. By the end of the first half, only two elves were left on the pitch. At the end of the match only one elf remained standing. SOS won the match 2 - 1 in a complete and utter bash-out. Head coach wanders off, laughing manically.

Save Our Sandwiches - 2 vs 1 - Blue Mountain Gliders

Indur gave me a boatload of trouble with those last two elves of his. Annoying little bastards. I lucked out somewhat on the cas rolls, but hey, I'm allowed some luck too.

You should thank that other high elf player for giving you a valuable eduaction on how to win.

The odds of a cas are 1 in 6, once you've broken the armor, and the odds of breaking armor can be 1 in 1 with enuff assists. So your crying about odds is tripe Mezir

Last edited by BloodRunners on %b %07, %2003 - %20:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

BloodRunners wrote:

You should thank that other high elf player for giving you a valuable eduaction on how to win.

/rant on

I would have won the other game too, if he hadn't been so f-ing lucky on his f-ing fouls. Do I have to start telling you what the odds are of a cas? Of how he was more likely of getting sent off than of actually causing a cas? If either of those fouls had resulted in a send-off and not a cas (and as I said, probability of a send-off is greater) then I've as good as won the match. He got lucky.

This match, I got lucky. Neither of these two games was decided on skill. It was decided on a bunch of lucky injury rolls. Therefore I do not consider it a 'valuable lesson on how to win'. I know perfectly well how to win. Fouling can help, but fouling needs a damn sight more luck to help you win the game than setting the correct tackle-zones - which is what I usually do, and which is what sees me win the vast majority of my matches.

/rant off
Indûr

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Blue Mountain Gliders 1 - 2 Save our Sandwiches

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=77124

Mezir's commentary pretty much tells the tale here, except that he didn't mention Mighty Zug, his insane ogre who singlehandedly knocked six elves off the pitch in the first six turns (3 BH, 3 KO).

The ogre actually did more to win the match than the foulings, there weren't that many elves to foul on when Might Zug was done...

Good (and ruthless) game Mezir. Wink
Baskhus

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2003 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=77217

Greez Bay Orkers 0 - 3 Colonial Marine Corp

Sgt. Apone having had to serve time in the brig this match for poor performance, the Corp was led by Cpl. Hicks to an outrageous win that was a mixture of lucky ball pick ups, a foul here and there to keep pile on orcs and key players like throwers from assisting and keeping the ball in the hands of the bull, so fast scoring becomes a one two affair. But Blood Runner was a good coach, nuffle just had it in for him with double skulls and what not.
 Jump to: