46 coaches online • Server time: 12:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RobtheUncreative

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I could lend my voice talents to take commercials, I'm not terrible at changing my voice.
Faibios

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

The service is unavailable is somthing up.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

It is working fine here where I am...

Since I've linked the station to my fumbblwatch blog ( http://fumbblwatch.blogspot.com/ ) if I cut a 15-30 second spot will you guys run it?

FYI - nice idea on the RS, t'is brilliant.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 20:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Sure thing, bring it on

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 21:07 Reply with quote Back to top

wabbit wrote:
Well dudes, how was it, the show!

I want to hear HONEST comments with good explanations. Why it was bad / good, what can be made better / differently! Gimme a shout in here.

WAbbit it was awsome. My only complaint is that it was hard concentrating on my game, since I was rolling on the floor laughing most of the time...

But I admire your enthusiasm and craziness, it made all three games even more fun to watch.

And more Swedish music! And some cake recipies too.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

liked it alot, one thing that could be a problem.. maybe.. is the way you kind of suggested possible moves during the games.. like for example: Now the skaven player will probably do bla bla bla.. it was definetly interesting to hear but maybe the skaven players opponent can get upset with you if you sort of tip him off. It's not a big problem and all in all id say the broadcast made the games that much more enjoyable.

One thing that would be really cool and probably possible to do with some peer tó peer phone program would be you inviting celebrities to act as expert commentators. Just an idea.

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, we are working on that. We need to find a way to convert input->output->input again, so if there are any sound experts out there, please write your ideas. The idea is that people should be able to join the radio broadcaster over teamspeak or similar, and then run his voice inout into the broadcasting programmes input, so hard thing to work around.

Speaking of the game comments you mention Gatts, I don´t think it will be a problem, as there is approximately twenty seconds delay on the signal.

Cheers

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

For the delay we can`t do anything. It is alot faster to move fumbbl gamedata via internet than move 96 kb/s of sound with buffer (which cant be removed). So that kind of sucks.

We are looking more commentators / shoutcasters and specially we are looking for commentator with top art soundcard (audigy 2 platinum or such) with good options where you can direct your input straight to output. Then we could get more commentators to same game.

And besides Im lousy coach, look at my teams. If someone listens my tips he is DOOMED! Wink

More to come next week.
SideshowBob

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 23:30 Reply with quote Back to top

wabbit wrote:

And besides Im lousy coach, look at my teams. If someone listens my tips he is DOOMED! Wink

More to come next week.

Heh, the only good tips I heard repeatedly was "FOUL! FOUL! KILL HIM!"
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2005 - 00:30 Reply with quote Back to top

I can do that! I'm sure i'd make an excellent Boot to the head expert. One could ask me about terminal velocity on boots, ensuring a clean kill, and oh so many more foul factoids many a mediocre fouler does not encounter in their fouling career!

Post   Posted: Jun 13, 2005 - 21:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Can I get a step-to-step guide on how to listen to this on Windows Media Player? If it's possible... If it isn't, I'll download winamp, but I'd prefer if it'd work on media player?
Trekamp

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesn´t work on Windows Media player, sry drud. (winamp is better anyways:)

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Trekamp wrote:
We are up and running, but so far only part time, you can check us out on the following link Fumbbl-FM with your winamp. If the link doesn`t work enter http://gaming-frequency.net:8000/listen.pls to your winamp browser and click crtl+L, then paste into the URL field and you will be ready to enter an entirely new dimension of Fumbbl!

Why are you referring specifically to winamp, as the radio station should work with any SHOUTcast-compliant program? I consider this as promoting winamp and discriminating all the people using different (=better) programs for SHOUTcast playback.

Personally, I am using Zoom player Standard = the free version of Zoom Player ( http://www.inmatrix.com/zplayer , 1.1mt download). ZP supports a huge range of codecs and after installing them from the ZP website ZP users are able to open all of these file formats with Zoom Player: .avi (versions DivX 3.11, DivX 4+, XVid and a few others), .mpeg (versions 1, 2, 3 and 4), Real media files, .mov, flash animations, midi files, .ogg, .mp3, .ogm, .aac, .ac3, ShoutCAST radio channels, CD audio, SVCDs, .jpg, .gif, Matroska, MONKEY audio, FLAC audio, OptimFROG Audio, .mod, etc. Zoom Player Professional has some additional features I have never longed for in my time of using the free version.

Zoom player also has support for subtitles after installing either a new version of ffdshow or Direct VobSub. Every single command (there are 250+ different commands) can be programmed to any key of the keyboard. Mouse functions are customizable. Visible control Bar buttons are customizable. Installed codecs can be assigned initial values through ZP to avoid codec conflicts which pretty much ruin e.g. Winamp movie watching in some cases. ZP supports an USB remote control after installing Girder program.

I will never switch back to winamp.

Drud

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

*Goes off to download Winamp*

Sorry Karhumies Wink
Drud

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 20:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Okay... and now a step-by-step guide to make it work on winamp? Smile
 Jump to: