55 coaches online • Server time: 13:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Having issues launch...goto Post Gnome Box ranking pa...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Today Midwinter disbanded after seeing their star blitzer Esralafar being fouled to death. The final blow was the death of Elvuthiel the very heart and soul of the team.

As the coach I want to thank my opponent Frankie for acting like a real gentleman, laughing his ass off and braggin around (and he is right! rolling 6 on siguards is really an adorable skill) . I also want to thank all the specs, booing me for getting off to get a tea, before playing on. You all showed me, how nice this community is.

The team will be burried and how knows.. maybe there will be another elven team showing the world how to play true BloodBOWL.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly I have to say I'm not surprised by the fact that your great looking guy has been fouled to death Crying or Very sad

Some people just feel a great need to foul that one guy that makes your team really special.

edit: must say I'm a bit surprised that a player with 3 (!) dirty players on his Orc team gets so upset about foul-damage.

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %07, %2005 - %15:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Istarios

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sad to read this. You had a really cool team going, and I was looking forward to a rematch against them. I hope we'll see another great elf team from your hands soon.
Kommando

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Sad sucks
Webbe

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

of course you foul a player like that, he was a gamewinner.
Mr_QB

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

yeah it is sad to see the UI winners being disbanded

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn...I loved that team...few elven teams on fumbbl has showed the quality and character that Midwinter did. It always amazes me how some people can be so respectless....

Oh...almost forgot. To not let those things happen:
Join NFL
Non Fouling Leauge
Are you a gentleman? Prove it!

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

mmm...seems drastic...and a tad melodramatic. With FF20 and enough money in the bank for a new player no good reason to kill them off. And giving ALL the gear to one player from the Invitational was JUST asking someone to beat him up for his shoes Wink As the winers of such a prestigious tournament they deserved better from management than they were given.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Kicking him was a MUST! Will I get an honorary E.M.U. award? The match report.

Hate me!Image
angelface

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling the opponent's best player is a shameless act, the weapon of those cowards who can't score only with a blitz and 3 ag5 dodges. Frankie was a bad sport, he'd better collapse in pain and offer a reload. But this kind of coach can't understand the beauty in forever living elven stars. And, as it's a must to retire a team with only 11 remaining players: shame on you, Frankie!
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
Sadly I have to say I'm not surprised by the fact that your great looking guy has been fouled to death Crying or Very sad

Some people just feel a great need to foul that one guy that makes your team really special.

edit: must say I'm a bit surprised that a player with 3 (!) dirty players on his Orc team gets so upset about foul-damage.

Problem is Circularlogic was stalling.
I have nothing against it, but... You stall= expect the boot.

Such a great coach should expect this. AND should take the pain of recovering instead of just give it up. Character is what makes the difference.

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is OK. I foul and I can take being fouled.

I was expecting the boot, but stalling was the most reasonable thing to do. He just killed another player and 2/3 of the cas go without permanent dmg. When he killed him, I was quite shocked, I admit - in this case I just need some minutes, to remind me, that it´s just a game and only a database-entry died. Well, it was my favourite database-entry, so I got up and made some tea. The only thing that really bugged me were the behaviour of him and the specs.

After that I played on (I admit, not with full passion), but the interception prevented me from scoring. I didn´t give up though...
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:56 Reply with quote Back to top

@Cloggy:
Read what the Orc-team was made for. I don´t play against normal teams, if they don´t challenge me. I just challenge basher/slayer teams or counter-challenge orcs and the like who challenge my soft teams.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, fair enough. I stand corrected.
petsku

Post   Posted: Jun 07, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand both opinions .
Allthough they were just pixels in the screen , you always hate to loose some special player and same time you always like to get rid of oppo´s best player especially in this game where DE-blitzer was total gamebreaker, with block, foul or crowdpushing.
But honestly I would have love too see that blitzer get 176 spp´s and see what sort blitzer he would have been. But killed THEN by fouling could have damaged circularlogic´s heart. So maybe better that it died at young age.
 Jump to: