21 coaches online • Server time: 06:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I was wondering if there is going to be those long-time rumoured tournament slots anytime soon. There is a lot of movement lately, new leagues and tourneys starting, and people simply do not have free slots to enter them.

Is there a code problem about it? The DB would suffer because of this? If it is because of this please forgive me and forget about it. I just wanted to know if it is in the works or it not.

I also would like to hear people's opinions about it? Is there a lot of coaches who would like to see this implemented? Or is it just me and my desire to see the PeasantBowl back?

Thx for everything.

Gorritakid
Cheesy

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it would be a good idea to have a tournament slot.

But as gorritakid said before, if this causes problems, it isn't worth it.

Have fun, play BloodBowl
Cheesy
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd definitely would like to have tourney slots as well - I didn't join several of the new tourneys I would have liked to due to that. I left first Peasantbowl, now G.E.R. [which kinda was dead anyway] just to have a slot free for tournaments that actually looked to be active.

I know Peasantbowl is on hold since month now, due to the lack of tournament slots, and I am quite certain that there is a lot of support and request for those.

That said, it really would be nice if they would be implemented - if technically possible.

-Mnemon
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

gorritakid wrote:
I also would like to hear people's opinions about it? Is there a lot of coaches who would like to see this implemented? Or is it just me and my desire to see the PeasantBowl back?

No, it's not just you. I cannot even participate in all 2 of my leagues, because that would mean I would have to retire or divX-transfer on of my 100+ games teams. I'd love to get rid of both, my stunty slots and my ladder slot, if I were allowed to play 3 real teams instead. I would see no problem to allow coaches an overall limit for teams (for instance 10). I don't see any point of forcing them to participate in every given league. Unnecessary, IMHO. Let the coaches decide themselves in which leagues they want to play.
Nevertheless, the fumbbl-admins do a great job, of course (in case this sounds negative). However, leagues are much more entertaining, and enforce an entirely different approach towards team development and game play in comparison to random open matches. But then, I don't like playing for ranking at all, it's much more fun to play for a championship with a specific team!

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %16, %2003 - %23:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2003 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. I would greatly appreciate a tourny-slot..

It's a bit anoying that you have to block one of your slots. And i think more people would enter tournaments if they had an extra slot spare.

So such a slot would be really "nice to have", if possible.

thx, Candlejack
slackman

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 05:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i really doubt the addition of something such as a tournament division to the ones we already have (open, dx, stunty, ladder) is going to take that much work. however, it will add to the amount of space we're all taking up on christer's server. the problem here is, i dont think we'd just use one team in one tournament, so we'd probably want at least 3 tournament slots, and most people would probably use all 3, just like we're all using all 3 of our open and dx slots.

all in all, this sounds like it would be a great addition. however, you have to keep in mind that even though christer spends a great deal of work on this site, he does have other things to do. and how many of us actually do chip in a few bucks here and there so he can pay for what we already have?

slackman42
Mr-Klipp

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

What I would like to see is a set of options on groups. One of these would be to make the group "seperate". With this configured, you would create a team upon joining the group and that team would only be able to play other members of the group. This team would also not take up a normal slot, being associated with the single group. This would seem to allow for both tournaments starting with new teams and themed leagues.

The Finishing Touch
gorritakid

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

That is a great idea, Mr. Klipp, actually the best solution I can imagine. Is it going to be implemented soon or it is just one possibility?

The best concept ever for a league is waiting! Beware, the Random League is ahead!

Thx for everything,

Gorritakid
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Hot Damn Klipp that sounds cool. Smile Count me as a proponent of that one.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, perhaps you might be interested in joining a league with will start recruiting coaches soon, about 20 more to be exact.
The reason why leagues and tournaments die, well one of many reasons is cause all the teams praticipating are not well balanced, by that I mean TR differential, which is not the case in our league, come check it out:
http://deloran77.tripod.com/bloodbowlleague/.
If you are interested and would like me to hold a spot for you e mail me at:
deloran2000_2000@yahoo.com
Thanks!
-Ludakk
peikko

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Its been like this quite long time, everybody wants to see this happening, but...
It seems theres still alot of other things higher on list or t-slots would need alot more work than is possible to handle right now...?
Zhluhur

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

What if players can dispense their 10 available teams like they want to in the 4 different Slots.

Maybe 5 in Open, 3 in DivX, one in Stunty and 1 in Ladder.
Or something like 10 in Stunty or 10 in Open. Just like any players preferences are.

Btw... a Tournaments Slot nevertheless should be added imho.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Part of the idea of having specific numbers of slots in different areas is to encourage the coaches to try the other divisions.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2003 - 15:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well.. yeah those open divX stunty is (in my special mind) very nice in the beginning. But nothing is more interesting than nice and fine league play, especially cause there are usually more interested coaches in. Having a SLOT for Themed Blood Bowl would be very good in mymind, cause some coached denied to participate, cause they do not have any open slot free. (Which is surely also true for other leagues)
locutus

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2003 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree having a league slot will be great. In part cause lately its hard to find a match that you like. Most of the people is concentrated in creating their mega-basher teams even if they have to loose matches and when they get their PO-mummys-ogre-etc...+DP then their road to the destruction of the other teams begins. With tournaments you play to have fun but also (if possible) to win matches and almost always the player teams have the same number of matches, a very important thing in my opinion.

In the other hand i agree gorritakid, i dont really know if its hard to get this slot and how much it will load the server, this should be a thing to consider.

Last thing, i think klippĀ“s idea its great, that could be the road to follow.
 Jump to: