38 coaches online • Server time: 15:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post War Drums?goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post 4 Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 01:39 Reply with quote Back to top

lazy copy of the first post of the forum of season 3...

5 Stars League, Season 4 will start really soon!

Create your teams and apply for membership at the League page:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1657.
After you submit your team, post here so we know who applied first.

For those that don't know, the 5 Stars League is about teams with only 5 players.

Teams have to be official LRB rosters, unranked division. To create a team for this league, simply create an "Unranked" division team by the normal rules. Once approved, trim the team down to five players. You are only allowed to have 5 players on your roster upon application!

You can find more info at the League page.

There are not many spots left, so be quick.
We need really reliable coaches only. If you think that you will not be able to complete your games in time, please don't apply for membership.
Be prepered to play most games in europian times because most coaches are from europe.

Also, use this forum for general questions,
reporting problems,
and general trash talking!

And as the founder Nehver said...
Most important rule....... HAVE FUN!!!

**************************************************************************************************************

HOW TO ENTER

Teams have to be official LRB rosters, unranked division. To create a team for this league, simply create an "Unranked" division team by the normal rules. Once approved, trim the team down to five players. You are only allowed to have 5 players on your roster upon application!
Only 1 team per newcomer.

**************************************************************************************************************

FORMAT

Celestial Conference
The Celestial Conference is the premier division of the 5 Stars League. It is made up of the top 8 teams.

Cosmos Conference
The Cosmos Conference is the secondary division of the 5 Stars Leauge. (8 teams)

Meteorite Division
The Meteorite Division is the steping stone to the Cosmos Conference. (8 teams)

Asteroid Divisions
The 2 Asteroid Division is the entry point for new teams interested in gaining access into the 5 Stars League. (8 teams each)

The 4 top scoring teams from the Cosmos Conference and the 4 top scoring teams from the Celestial Conference go to an 8 teams KO and the 5 Stars League Champs of the season are crowned.

The 2 top scoring teams from each of the Asteroid Divisions advance to the Meteorite Division. The teams of the Meteorite Division that finish at No5 or worse fall to the Asteroid Divisions.

The 4 best scoring teams from the Meteorite Division advance to the Cosmos Conference.
The teams of the Cosmos Conference that finish at No5 or worse fall to the Meteorite Division.

The 4 best scoring teams from the Cosmos Conference advance to the Celestial Conference.
The teams of the Celestial Conference that finish at No5 or worse fall to the Cosmos Conference.

RULES

You cannot buy new players with winning funds, unless it will keep your team within the 5 players limit. (You may fire a player in order to buy a new one, especially usefull if one of your players gets a niggle).

Freebooters are allowed (especially usefull if one of your players gets a MNG)... but keep in mind that you can't have more than 5 eligible players to field at the beginning of any game.

IMPORTANT: NO STAR PLAYERS, OR WIZARDS ALLOWED!!!

Banned Handicaps:
I AM THE GREATEST
IT WASN'T ME
MORLEY'S REVENGE if affects 2 or 3 players!

If one of these handicaps are rolled at the begining of a match... the match is null and void. In other words it is like you didn't connect at all. The match must be exited, and the coaches must start a new match.

Scoring:
Win = 5 pts
Tie = 3 pts
Loss = 0 pts

TD's = 1 pts

Coaches that want to restart with a new team, will have to start from one of the Asteroid Divisions after the end of the season.

Coaches that drop out or retire their teams before they complete their games for their division or play-offs are banned forever from the 5 Stars League and their names will be posted at the hall of shame. Also, their mothers will recieve a message about their shameful action.

If more teams are needed to complete 8 teams for an Asteroid Division, some lucky and reliable (played all their games in the previous season) coaches that do not have a team at the Celestial or Cosmos Conference will have a 2nd team. If a coach with 2 teams manages to qualify to the Cosmos Conference he must withdraw his 2nd team from the tournament until he regains the right to have 2 teams.

Coaches are expected to play a game every 10 days. In the case that this does not happen, forfeits will be handed out. Forfeits may include loss of league points, and repeat offenders may be booted from the league. If you are having trouble getting a game in with your opponent, be sure to notify Captain1821, so it will be known who is putting forth effort to play their matches, and who is not. Also contact him if you can't play before the deadline for any reason. Propably you will be given extra days beyond the deadline.

NEW conceding rule. If you concede in a game you take a -5 points penalty.

SCHEDULE

Round 1: Wednesday, 22nd June

Round 2: Saturday, 2nd July

Round 3: Sunday, 17th July

Round 4: Monday, 1rst August

Round 5: Tuesday, 16th August

Round 6: Wednesday, 31rst August

Round 7: Saturday, 10th September

(all deadlines are by midnight, BB server time)

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %13, %2005 - %15:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Good morning (europian timezones) coaches!

Submit a team quick! There aren't many spots left!

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Now's the time for new teams to join. Defending champions of the previous two seasons, Bonefive, with their monstrous mummies and skeletons, are stepping out and going on holiday.

This is the chance of a lifetime (or maybe more) for all of you now! It's time for fresh teams, new blood and a new champion!

Good luck to all the new teams, may you all die in pieces and be wrapped in toilet paper!

-tane
odi

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So should I make a new team, or do I go up a "level" with my skaven from the previous season?
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Stepping out?! Does that mean that once more, as with season 3, I manage to stay in Celestials thanks to people above me pulling out? See, finishing 5th in a division just keeps the excitement going that little while longer!

(Brad Osberg)
Samuli

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Looks like I'm staying in Cosmos by finishing 7th. Second season of 5 Stars could be somewhat more exciting than the first. Rotters AND starting from Cosmos Conference was a bit oo much handicaps.

tane, you're joining Asteroid with halflings, then? Smile
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Odi wrote:
So should I make a new team, or do I go up a "level" with my skaven from the previous season?

Odi, you don't need a new team! You will "level" up.

Guys we need 3 coaches in order to start the new season.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 16:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Samuli wrote:
tane, you're joining Asteroid with halflings, then? :)

You wish :)

Taking a break from 5 Stars for the summer, coming back for season 5 with - depending on what the public doesn't want - either Bonefive or some halflings/rotters/vampires/...

-tane
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

5 Stars League Season 4 starts now!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have fun everyone!

p.s.
We still need new teams because someone might drop out in the first days. Keep applying for membership!!

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I want to see Bonefive back.........

and I don't want to see flings, really
DaemonicLazoth

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 14:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Well in the first game of the season the Fast and Deadly Necromantics played off against the 5 in the gutter skaven.

For the first turn the skaven seem to have a fairly firm hold then the necro bounced back and slammed the skaven punding the poor rats into the turf. The Gutter Runner Smack "In Your Face" Wristmangler tried with all his might to keep Lucian from scoring.

Alas for the rats he was only a few yards away for the endzone and Lucian finally got sick of the pesky rat and delivered a fatal blow to the rat killing him instantly then run the ball in to score.

With that death the skaven were so terrified of taking the field against the unholy gang they fled conceding the match.

Match report

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

How shameful for them and their coach "geertfebe".

5 Stars League do NOT want that kind of teams and coaches!

Teams of the 5 Stars league should be able to die in the pitch like men and with their boots on!

Congratulations to DaemonicLazoth and his team Fast and Deadly, for taking care of those punks early in the league.

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

bah, conceeders... :angryface: oh, and my question, my opponant in my first round match was my last opponant last time round in the Knock out section, is it possible to play the same team twice in a row? he doesnt have this problem as he played another game after mine, but will FUMBBL allow my to play the same opponant twice in a row?

"Best Bar in This Street"
Rasfahan

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That's no problem during tournament play (or generally [U]-play, for the matter).

PhilMan

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 19:13 Reply with quote Back to top

oh good, i justr havnt come across this before in my tournement games bofore, ok then, good luck everyone!

"Best Bar in This Street"
 Jump to: