18 coaches online • Server time: 03:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

By now everyone should have a group PM.

Remember:

Go at the league page: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=1657
Accept the invitation and keep playing normaly.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 15:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Added all invitations to group so no need to go there anymore just for that.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 15:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a lot! Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The group hasn't come up under my teams, should i worry about this?
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 23:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No man, don't worry.

Post   Posted: Jul 13, 2005 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

ok cool, cheers dude.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer fixed it! Now I need some time to put the group info back, like they were.

Last edited by Captain1821 on %b %21, %2005 - %11:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jul 21, 2005 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

And I need some time to get my team back to 5 players...*sigh*

Been a terrible season right from the start.

Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Open up the beercans!!! Call up the cheerleaders!!! Take a day off!!!

No, it's not a holiday season. It's just that the ONLY goblin team on 5 Stars, Blackswamp Superstars, took their first win ever!

They beated Khorny Fiverz 5-0, causing 1 BH and 2 SI's. Not bad for a gobbo team.

And during the post-game press conference, coach Kyyberi replied to the question about the good luck that his team had:

"Well, one can always say it was like this because of the lucks. But that's just too easy to put it away that we ARE a strong team, and we CAN play some power football. We might have some luck every now and then, and we might have some bad luck every now and then. The bottom line is that we beated a minotaur and two chaos warriors to the hospital. You call that luck? I call it football."

P.S. To be honest, I had some good luck on blocking. My opponent failed using apo on a SI on Chaos Warrior, and soon after that I took another one out. And to add the cream, I BH'd his mino. And dadoz was a good opponent, he took it like a man. Smile Someone else could have cried and whined...

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 09:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to the Goblin team! A great achievment indead!

Also Congratulations to slanter's "Dodge Druids" for completing all their games with wins and are the clear winners of the Celestial Conference!

I was very pessimistic about the round 4 games but in the end it went well!
Celestial Conference and Meteorite Division played all their round 4 games, Asteroid Division 1 and 2 looks like will have 1 forfeit each and 2 games from Cosmos Conference might need until tomorrow to be completed.

I will give the forfeits and send a group PM as soon as I'll be home in a few hours.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 08:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Great, teams got replaced during the season when someone dropped out. That's pretty much a way how it should work. Nevertheless, I find one major flaw in the current system. While this system enforces - or should enforce - competitive play the way this is implemented currently does exactly the opposite.

For example, I log on to fummbl on daily basis. This was the first time I saw a new team is needed for Cosmos Conference. Naturally, I was interested as I'm currently 3rd in Meteorite Division. My team stepping up would open up a new spot for a runner-up. Instead, I find that the teams have already been switched. And that a team ranked 6th in Meteorite has stepped up. At the same time not only avoiding relegation to Asteroid but also gaining a new competitive game and a chance to promote.

What could be improved, then? I have two proposals. I'd like to see both implemented but at least one of them.

1) Only teams currently 4th or higher can promote.
2) Wait a given time for teams wanting to promote to step up, say two or three days.

Then again, maybe it's just me.
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Samuli wrote:

2) Wait a given time for teams wanting to promote to step up, say two or three days.

I'm sorry man, but I gave 2 days for those that would like to step-up. I also said that I would choose the coach with the most points.

I send group PMs to let everyone know. Please check them again.

In the given time, only andreas21 messaged me for the spot in Cosmos.

I could not wait longer than those 2 days because we have deadlines.

Samuli wrote:

1) Only teams currently 4th or higher can promote.

I cannot give the chance for promotion only to those that rank 4th or higher for many reasons like:

a) The dropper might rank at 5th or lower (like the dropper we had now). This means that it will be hard to find someone that ranks 4th or higher to replace him. I'll explain it with the example we had now.
A dropper from the Cosmos Conference ranks 6th with 7 points less than the 4th and 3 games left. This means that it is too hard for anyone to reach no4 in 3 games and the next season would find himself in the Meteorite Division.
Now, those of the Meteorite Division that rank 4th and higher have good chances to step-up in the Cosmos Conference at the next season.
So, why would they want to replace someone in Cosmos and step-down in their old division (Meteorite) in the end of the season, when they have the chance to step-up normaly?

b) When a replacement have to be made, someone might rank 4th but with more games played from the one that ranks 5th. Not giving the chance to the 5th to step up, would be unfair.

c) Replacing teams and coaches fast, is hard. I need flexibe rules in this matter.

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 10:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Captain1821 wrote:
I'm sorry man, but I gave 2 days for those that would like to step-up.

Then it was my mistake. I didn't see the messages yesterday.

Captain1821 wrote:
I cannot give the chance for promotion only to those that rank 4th or higher for many reasons like:

a) The dropper might rank at 5th or lower (like the dropper we had now). This means that it will be hard to find someone that ranks 4th or higher to replace him.

I didn't realize this. And now that I do, I'm not sure if I wanted to be promote mid-season in the first place.

So, all said and done, you did just great. Keep up the good work Smile
Captain1821

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2005 - 10:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Very Happy

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2005 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations to slanter for winning the Celestial Conference!