8 coaches online • Server time: 05:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

SEASON 10 HAS STARTED!

Welcome to Season 10. A few points to note:

SWL Main Page is the home to the Premier, Conference and Regional Leagues.

All the same as last season but note in the Regionals, there are 10 teams per league and hence the first 2 rounds were forfeited through to ensure you have only 7 games. Note: For new teams in the Regionals, you are entitled to one team rebuild if your team gets trashed. This is at the discretion of the admins and consult the SWL Policy Document for details. (Note, this will be updated shortly! I have forgotten to finalise the Policy Doc for Season 10... be out soonish! Embarassed )

The TR100 League is now running as well... get into that! Winners gets first pick in next seasons draft. This is important as this seasons draft will be randomised totally.

And your old faves, QPool and Lil Leeg have been restarted as well.

Essentially, if you cant get a game you aint trying!!

Round 1 is due Monday 20 June and each round subsequently every Monday after that

Clay
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 16:28 Reply with quote Back to top

For you new guys, some links and errata that go with the SWL you might be interested in checking out.

SWL Hall of Fame - Records and statistics from SWL players that have made it to the elusive 76spp barrier. Make sure you grab your own bit of glory for your own players if they reach this mark!

SWL Hall of Records - Records from old SWL games that still stand the test of time! Can you break them?

SWL Library - Links to the SWL Policy document (acts as a Guide to the rules and structure of the SWL) and various other resources. Newbies should definitely read the doc as it contains answers to many of the questions they undoubtedly have.

And of course, the entrance to the SWL web site (which links in to all of the above) which will soon start running the Twahnlow Ladder. The Ladder is an automated collection of your player's statistics for the season in our main competition. Awards are given out to the players at the top of each ladder at the conclusion of each season.
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 08, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick reminder to the premiership contenders - Twahnlow Medal Votes!

Don't forget to award your opponent's best three players (in the match report) after each match with 3/2/1pts to go towards the Twahnlow Medal tally for our best and fairest of the league.

Cheers,
Snorri
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a reminder for anyone who is interested in coming to see the show at the Comedy Store from Tuesday thru Saturday June 14-18

The deal is thus..2 for 1 tickets on any night you choose to come! Just mention that you are there to see "ozjesting" and the bargin is yours!

Hope to see you there.

Post   Posted: Jun 09, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Tommy. Hopefully get down there.

Great show tonight!

btw Nick Sun went to my highschool, the year ahead of me.
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 10, 2005 - 08:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Good evening ladies and gentlemen!

I would like to announce a new Twahnlow Award category - Play of the Season!

This award will go to the team that pulls off the best play of the entire season across the Regionals, Conference, and Premier divisions.

The way it will work is like this. If you see an absolutely amazing play you think worthy of consideration for this award, put a post in Channel BB to do so. Things that must be included are a description of the play (its in Channel BB, so remember to put the fluff into it), a link to the reply (as well as what turn it occurred on so people can find it ASAP) - and remember, it must have occurred all in a single player turn.

It will be up to the people involved in the nomination (the naominator and the nominee) to make their play seem as attractive as possible. Screenshots may be taken of the play, and if players want to go further and freeze frame the play, or even animated gif it, all the better.

At the end of the season, all of the nominated plays will be collected, along with whatever accompanying material exists, and put into a poll, where you folks will decide on the Play of the Year!

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

IIIIIIIII'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

(sorta)

(just one leeg)

(and I'm gobbos)

(but it's bloodbowl baby! swl style!)
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

SonofSharkboy IS back folks...AND he has THE coolest Team Name EVER seen in the SWL...let's all get behind the team that could one day rivial the "Donuts" for our affection...GIVE IT UP SWL FOR THE

Really Old Oldie Guys

Post   Posted: Jun 12, 2005 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Eek! I've gotta face those little gitz next game!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 01:43 Reply with quote Back to top

DM you need your dwarven title taken away, what sort of a dwarf fears playing stunties!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Also for the new guys to find and with the frenzied goings on in the lil leeg stadiums - you can download the SWL Bowl pack from Snorriheim here.

It's basically SkiJunkie's client with all the stunty icons that I could find included and already configured (including fixes for the gnomes and chaos halflings). Also includes some field packs, ozjesting's sound pack and some swl and pro bowl team lists. Will save you some of the trouble configuring your clients for lil leeg.

PS if you come across any other stunty icons that I don't have, let me know! e.g. I haven't found a second pic for the striggy lord when you click on him yet. Didn't come with the default striggy pack.

Cheers, Snorri
DM

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 05:57 Reply with quote Back to top

OldBugman wrote:
DM you need your dwarven title taken away, what sort of a dwarf fears playing stunties!

Well I suck - I have a reason to be afraid!

Embarassed
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 06:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Snorri, isnt the strig lord just a vampire icon?
I configured my one as it was missing the red or blue icons for him too.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 06:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Bythe way....for all the goodness in Snorris "SWL Bowl" client...I would remind all "serious" users of the LoonyToon sound pack to be aware that only the "basic" model is available in it. If you want all the various options and extra buttons/pics you should download the Full pack from the DL section.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Good call on the strig lord OB. I've never played for or against vampires, so had no idea.

Fixed in the SWLBowl version of the client Smile

Cheers,
Snorri.
 Jump to: