49 coaches online • Server time: 17:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

This is Brilliant! I played my game last night vs BloodReaper and had pings of 60.

I highly encourage the use of this server, and thank the Bugman for his efforts!

Huzzah!
Snorri

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 12:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro Bowl!

Nominations are now open. The Pro Bowl page is here.

Some points.

- Veterans players are to be nominated from current fringe players that have previously played in the SWL. We will check this manually and send Claudia to take out any rogue fringer's trying to sneak in underservedly.

- Nominate your players to take the spot you'd like to see them fill. So if you have a mummy that you'd think would make a good blitzer, go and nominate him as a blitzer. Only really strict position is the Big Guy. He really ought to be a Big Guy.

- Don't nominate your player for more than one position. Pick the position you think he'd be best in and nominate him once only. We'll delete any further nominations. This saves a player from getting selected for two positions in the voting process.

- Coach nominations do not include last season's probowl coaches. ie. Clay, Neverborn, Covertfun adn Ozjesting. We'll delete these if they do happen to be nominated.

Many thanks to Theopacman for being my experimental guinea pig for the web pages Smile

Enjoy!
Cheers,
Snorri.
OldBugman

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Clay, dont forget to add the thanks to Gumbi for the use of one of his old towers.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

And I would like to thank gumbi for the use of his old towers.
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Jul 31, 2005 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

ClayInfinity wrote:
This is Brilliant! I played my game last night vs BloodReaper and had pings of 60.

I highly encourage the use of this server, and thank the Bugman for his efforts!

Huzzah!

While it is indeed helpful for those who still need it...and many thanks are due to those who brought it about...the term "highly encourage the use of this server" should REALLY be changed to "I highly encourage people to learn how to, and then implement the use of, DIRECT CONNECTION!!! Until then please use this proxy which is better then the current one...but STILL not as effective as DIRECT CONNECT!"

Wink

But big cheers boys! Always nice to see the community doing what it can to support and aid it's own! Well Done!!!

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 12:47 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Bowl

WIth oz's help, have made some further modifications to the swl version of the javabb client. Oz's pac man sound pack is included, as well as some improvements hacks to the graphical elements in the interface and a few custom decals for BH/SI/RIP's.

If you're interested, here is a screenshot and here is the download.

The download is about 7.8 megs and incorporates the full 8.4 version. Just unzip the file somewhere (not on top of an existing client) just as you would as if you were installing skijunkie's client fresh.

Enjoy!
Snorri.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2005 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Season 11 Update</b>

The SWL Main Page has been updated with indicative standings pending the last few games to be played.

At the bottom of the page is the "Score" column.

If you are a 1, you are in the Season 11 Premier... Congratulations

If you are scored as 20, you are in the Conference with a TR cap of 200.

If you are a 30, you are in the Regional with a TR cap of 150

Teams who are 666 are being retired or their coaches have been retired to the Fringe...

Add to these lists are the Season 11 Draftees of new TR100 teams who are:

ClayInfinity (yes, me)
Nalavara
Shatterstar
Atraxerxes
southee
Espionage.

Anyone else has very little time to get into the Draft for next season.

Season 11 is planning to start mid August.

Any questions, issues etc, please email the admins.

Clay

edit: These seedings are only indicative and do depend on last round results in some instances. Do not physically cull teams until you are told to!
ozjesting

Post   Posted: Aug 02, 2005 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

An open invitation:
To celebrate the arrivial and holiday of Coach_Lo, one of my best mates and a great FUMBBLer, I am throwing a "Munchkin" party in his honour!

This Monday night Aug 8th from 5pm onwards (expect to be kicked out by 11pm or so) at my house in Newtown. Dinner to commence around 6:30 with cards dealt at 7 or so. Don't worry if you have never played Munchkin...great fun and easy to pick up. Even easier if you have a hint of DnD in your past Wink

If you can come please RSVP on my email tommydean@yahoo.com and I will give you the address.

Sure hope you can make it for a bit of good clean fun..and a chance to meet another in our excellent community!

oz

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2005 - 02:55 Reply with quote Back to top

"Easy to pick up" - are you trying to matchmake for him oz? Wink
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2005 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL Season 11 Draft Results

The following Draft Results are in. All coaches, please submit a new TR100 Div[U] team of the race you have been given by Wed 10 August.

Nalavara: Rotters
ClayInfinity: Chaos
Espionage: Ogres
Southee: Wood Elf
Shatterstar: Pro Elves
Artraxerxes: Lizardmen

Just to explain how it works, we only allow 16 max races in each of the Rock, Scissors, Paper. Also, we only allow 3 teams per race. By randomly selecting coaches in order, each coach's list is consulted to find the first race available given those categories. The reason I am explaining this is that for some of the above Draftee's I had to delve down the lists a fair way...

Also, by nominating as a new team, you are entitled to restart your team once in your inaugural season if you get SEVERELY trashed. You need to consult admins before this is allowed... and we mean SEVERELY Smile

Good luck to the new teams (particularly mine hehe!) and good luck to all coaches in Season 11... New season will be starting on 15 August
ArtaXerxes

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Gee Wiz... Lizardmen hey, my lucky 13th choice. Glad I didn't stop my selections at a favourite dozen or I would have missed the boat all together it seems. Still, glad to be finally part of the real action. See you all on the field with my pet reptiles...
Espionage

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo my first choice. I knew getting thrashed by Clay would be a good idea!! Looking foward to to joining the tail end of the big leagues!
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2005 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Regional / Conference Movements</b>

Unfortunately, Dark_Lord has announced that due to a long overseas trip, he will be skipping Season 11 and will return in Season 12. This has meant that his side the Creepers are dropped from the Conference League.

The next best team in the Regionals is therefore danielcollins' 33 Chin Chen Street and they are currently in line for a Conference spot.

Please note however, that you SHOULD NOT cull your sides to make TR caps until the draw has been done. Late pull outs like this for instance can mean your team gets promoted and you may have perhaps squandered a few valuable players...

The 1-20-30 gradings in the SWL Main Page are not permanent...

Also, I do appreciate the email Dark_Lord, much better than you just disappearing...

Also, on a positive front, old SWL coach Wallace is about and keen on some Fringe play this coming season... He's been missing for about 2-3 seasons, so welcome back mate Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 08:21 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Late Draft Inclusion</b>

Whiteknight who has been about the Fringe lately has asked to play next season but has only had a choice of Rotters, Zons or Vamps due to our racial restrictions...

He has taken Rotters...

Clay
eganra

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2005 - 10:02 Reply with quote Back to top

just my skaven in next season see if i can get out of the regional