30 coaches online • Server time: 14:44
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should all injured players be forced to retire?
Yes
19%
 19%  [ 5 ]
No
80%
 80%  [ 21 ]
Total Votes : 26

Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 17:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Well? Hurry up with the decision please. Razz
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I am not a member of the group but I'd like to remind that "injury" in Blood Bowl refers to stun, KO or CASualty. If all stunned players need to retire, what team lives after the second match?

If you meant all CASsed players should retire, then BH and SI players should both retire. I don't think BH'd players should retire in any case.

If you meant all players who have got a permanent injury should be retired...then your question is just wrong. It says "injured", not "permanently injured".

Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hah!!!! I voted and I'm not in the tourney!!! I crack me up!! Khemri suck!!!!

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

to Karhumies: He may have meant injured as in "possessing of an injury", in which case only SI would qualify as other injuries do not last long enough for retirement to be an option (never show up on team listing) this would apply to MNG as well as permanent injuries, thus being a missed option in your list Wink (and the correct interpretation since I'm always right!)

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

This refers to any player who must miss a game for whatever reason in the Last Man STanding tournament

(I think)

(Brad Osberg)
R_Spiskit

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

No, I think injured players should stay. You can field beaten up men

If you get to the final, and it's 1 man each, and 1 niggles, TOUGH!!

It is the LAST MAN STANDING tourny after all.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I personally feel that the votes of those of us who are not in the tourney should count for more as we are not coloured by personal feelings or silly "point of the tourney" understandings.

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. If they've missed a match already, what right do they have to still take part in the competition? They've sat out some of the action and have no right to hold such a trophy.

It's LAST MAN STANDING indeed, and they've already shown they can't make the grade...

(Brad Osberg)
President

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I can;t believe how people are voting.....

The original rules were this anyway, so you might as well just implement it no matter what some wimps who are scared of getting their team hurt think.
Aconite

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

remember there's votes from people outside of the league too, so they may just think it's a silly question rather than based on an individual tournaments rules.

I'd say the actual votes from people in our tournament are 3 for, 1 against! Smile

(Brad Osberg)
Reventlov

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Well I voted no for obvious reasons.
The most important reason is:
It's not good to change rules after tournament has started, people might drop out.....

Can a skaven team beat up my dwarves so can anybody....
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

That was never a rule, actually. Just an idea for one that was never followed up. What the poll says will decide.
President

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe i'll just be stupid and retire any of many players who get injured anyway. would make it more interesting for me! Mr. Green
Sziro

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Noo! Never!
If we retire all injured players then it will be a perfect rooster of less than 11 players.
Even I think we should not allow a retirement at all. It is the game till death, till the last man. It is the time of -av, -st, -ag, -ma, n, n, n linemans hwo stay on the filed no matter what Smile
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 14, 2005 - 21:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Tehe. I like that actually. Although I don't see why anyone would retire players, as they ain't coming back or getting replaced.
Okay, so it's decided, the rules stay the same as they are now.
 Jump to: