44 coaches online • Server time: 13:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Why is Unranked limited to 15 slots only?

Currently, I have:
-9 teams in tournaments
-4 teams in "informal" groups (1 team per group) in which I've made lots of friends Smile
-2 teams for casual play (casual play=gamefinder)

However, when I see an interesting tourney coming, I need to delete one of my casual play teams. Deleting a tourney team - impossible, deleting an informal group team - they have been so hard to train I don't want to see them going down a drain.

Because I constantly need to delete my casual play teams, they can not make any progress. It is really, REALLY frustrating to have to retire a TR 170 Undead/Chaos Dwarf/Dark Elf/anything just to be able to join a promising KO tourney with TR 100 fresh team and then the tourney is over in 4 rounds, I delete the KO team and then...my casual play team which I had toruble to finally develop is no more. Sad

So...would it be possible to get more Unranked slots so coaches like me could play casual matches and not only be limited to randomly assigned tournament games or the same old opponents with same old teams in the informal groups. From time to time I'd like take on an previously unkown-to-me opponent in a non-tournament match, maybe even make friends and be able to develop my casual teams as well. Who knows, I might even run across Elves some day! Very Happy

(Elves in general lack league/informal group stability because of low av and low TR Elves are mainly seen in Ranked only. High TR Elves in Unranked are almost 90% of the time transfered from Ranked after a downwards streak.)

Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:56 Reply with quote Back to top

seriously, 15 teams isnt enough for you to manage? *examines Karhumies head* Theres life here Jim, but not as we know it

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Why is Unranked limited to 15 slots only?

Because

Hmm .... 5 teams to choose from in ranked, 5 teams to chosose from in Div-X, 15 teams to choose from in U.

I can see how having 25 different races to play at one time could be hindering.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 03:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I've also had trouble with the 15 team unranked limit, but this is mainly due to me using unranked to send off all the ranked teams that have stopped getting games in ranked (my CDs with Claw Block Mino and niggled hobgob DP), and also using some of them as dummy teams in various SWL tourneys to allow the admins of that league to do quick swaps in an open round robin tournament.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too Chunky - Ive run out of ALL slots - but I think they've given us more than enough slots.

And this way Im forced to make some choices on teams, which is a good thing since I cant with them all anyway.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 04:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think 20 teams (R and U only) is PLENTY. But I do think there should be a better way to have "swap slots" for tournement use. I know not how it could be done...but the ability to just add "dummy slot 1-9" for organisers seems helpful and also less confusing for members who may not realize why chunky04 has 8 teams in the comp Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 06:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I have 14 teams in tournament + 1 team I hope to enter somewhere.

I don't need div x slots (refusal to create div x tournaments) and still some R slots free....

do I want more? I don't know....
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 07:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Would definitely save on that question being asked roughly 7842 times per season oz Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Of all the things to grip about you pick the 15 limit in unranked? Shocked

How about the 5 slots for ranked..... Mad

Mabey having the ability to list a team as inactive would help. I have found myself using niche teams such as Amazon and Goblins and in order to do so... I retire skaven and humies. Hard to experiment with only five slots....

__Synn
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd rather have 1 Ranked slot, 2 Stunty slots and 22 Unranked slots. Why should I have 5 slots in useless divs like Ranked? I don't need that many but I need all the U slots I can get.

President

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 01:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Its a lot easer to find a game in ranked though, so people (well i do anyway) prefer to play in ranked. so having 1 slot in ranked would suck
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well some people feel exactly the opposite. Very Happy

Maybe we should switch to a system where we let the users themselves decide how they want to distribute their potentially 34(?) team slots, perhaps add the clause for all teams in Ranked/DivX and Stunty that all other teams must have played 5 + 3*(X-5) games, where X is the amount of teams you'd have in that division after creating your new team (minimum of 5).

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

President wrote:
Its a lot easer to find a game in ranked though, so people (well i do anyway) prefer to play in ranked. so having 1 slot in ranked would suck

If you are looking for the same old - same old Elves, prolly yeah.

But...if you take X of skill Y there's suddenly no Elves anymore challenging you...only killer Chaos and Khemri. No options-in-between. Not many Lizzies, not many Goblin Cheaters, not many Lustrian, not many Chaos Dwarves, not many Necros or Nurgle. It's just the same old - same old Elf/Chaos. I got bored with cherries. I want apples. Razz

BB-Pad

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Mezir wrote:

Maybe we should switch to a system where we let the users themselves decide how they want to distribute their potentially 34(?) team slots, perhaps add the clause for all teams in Ranked/DivX and Stunty that all other teams must have played 5 + 3*(X-5) games, where X is the amount of teams you'd have in that division after creating your new team (minimum of 5).

I quite like this idea, Mezir. There seem to be plenty of people crying out for more ranked slots, while I'd rather use my ranked slots as unranked as that's where I play most / all of my games.

Would it not be worth insisting on a minimum number of games played in unranked to open up more slots though just like ranked at the moment? It would stop people creating loads of teams and then only playing a few games or none at all.

Post   Posted: Jun 16, 2005 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

BB-Pad wrote:
Mezir wrote:

I quite like this idea, Mezir. There seem to be plenty of people crying out for more ranked slots, while I'd rather use my ranked slots as unranked as that's where I play most / all of my games.

Would it not be worth insisting on a minimum number of games played in unranked to open up more slots though just like ranked at the moment? It would stop people creating loads of teams and then only playing a few games or none at all.

I support this idea. Here's my suggestion:

When a coach has 10 Unranked teams and wants to create a new one or transfer a team into Unranked from Ranked/Stunty/whatever, all the existing 10 teams would have had to play at least 3 games each. Then the coach is given 5 extra slots, bringing the total to 15 (current maximum). After that, to create or transfer a 16th/17th/18th and so on team into Unranked, each of the existing teams would have had to play three games already.

Why 3 games and not five, you ask? Because tournament rounds take long to finish. It's possibly three games times 2 weeks = 6 weeks before a person can make or transfer his 17th team into Unranked after the 16th has been accepted.

However...I feel this might be impossible in FUMBBL because you have to create new teams into Ranked/Stunty/DivX/Faction, but you can transfer a team into unranked from other divisions, making it much harder to check if all the existing Unranked teams have played the minimum amount of games required to allow the transfer from R/S/whatever. If transfer into U is prevented because "your U teams have not played enough games", some R coaches might become very angry because transfering to U is very free at the moment.

Jump to: