58 coaches online • Server time: 21:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Watson544

Post 5 Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All, i Downloaded the program but cant seem to get it to work so i just wanted to check i am doing the right thing.

I have read the User Guide but i am still confused.

I cannot find the bbowl.jar file and although i have followed the user guides instructions and changed the file extension i was wondering if this file is the WinRAR achive logo'd file called bbowl ??

If it is this file i have changed the extensions so that the File Opens with java.exe and it says "Java(TM) 2 Standard Edition Binary".

However When i try to open the file i get a MS-DOS style black screen for a spilt second and then nothing happens

i am so confused can someone please help me i have been at this for a few hours now and i need some help

With Thanks Watson544

PS. Sorry If This Is The Wrong Forum To Post This
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 03:26 Reply with quote Back to top

the client is in a .zip file. Maybe I'm wrong here, but have you unzipped it? Try opening the .zip file in winrar (it will make a new folder with man files inside it) and then giving it a go.

Don't forget to install the latest patch as well.

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 12:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I already Unzipped the files and i downloaded the file which already has the patch installed (or should i download the patch again) i unziped using WinZip and the directory of the BBowl8_3 file is C:\MyDocuments\Unzipped\BBowl8_3[1] so could this be my problem ?

I'm Running XP SP 2 if that helps

Also I noticed the play button on this site if i use that will it set up the game or will it just begin to try and play the game
Watson544

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 12:51 Reply with quote Back to top

OK i just changed the File it opens with to javaw.exe bvut when i try to open the file it says "Could Not Find The Main Class. Program Will Exit." anyone no what this means ?
M0rph1ne

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 13:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think i had a similar problem once, and the problem was that WinRAR was the default aplication to start .jar files, i changed that in WinRAR and it worked.
Watson544

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You Changed it actually in WinRAR ?
Watson544

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I see What you mean i changed it reinstalled Java But still nothing happens Sad
ultwe

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Watson544 wrote:
I already Unzipped the files and i downloaded the file which already has the patch installed (or should i download the patch again) i unziped using WinZip and the directory of the BBowl8_3 file is C:\MyDocuments\Unzipped\BBowl8_3[1] so could this be my problem ?

Quote:
"Could Not Find The Main Class. Program Will Exit." anyone no what this means ?

ok
I think that what has happened here is that you have unzipped the patch and left it in its unziped folder.

What you need to do is to take the content of the folder you get by unziping the patch 3, and use it to replace the corresponding files and folder in the original bbowl folder you got when unziping the client.... then launch from there

Hope this is clear (and correct)

Ult.
Watson544

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Yea Thanks but i did put the file in the same folder hmmm
Watson544

Post   Posted: Jun 15, 2005 - 14:45 Reply with quote Back to top

WooHoo Working Smile Thanks For All The Help Guys

Last Question is the setting up options for the client for an old client on the user guide because i cannot seem to find the EXP OFAB tick box
 Jump to: