67 coaches online • Server time: 22:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT?
Who Cares?
60%
 60%  [ 51 ]
I am a BBowl Guru. My (correct) prediction is in my reply
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 84

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 10:59 Reply with quote Back to top

The start of the next major Fumbbl official tournament is drawing near, after Nandorins came out the winner of the last qualifying tournament final. Since we are all guru's when it comes to BloodBowl I thought it would be nice to have a poll to see who we all think will win. (This in no way an attempt to threaten Macavity's status as the poll king).

DAMN I can't have a poll with 16 options Crying or Very sad . Just reply with your vote........

Among the coaches with the correct prediction I will raffle off the following price:

I will start a forum thread in which I proclaim you the wisest of Fumbbl coaches!

Our contestants in order of Qualifying turney winners:

1. Fun with Goats, Chaos. The winners of a bash-heavy qualifying group. The team has some quite well developed players, which allows for a diversity of tactical options. Keep an eye out for Beastman Hamburger!

2. Catenaccio, Dwarf. These dorfs bashed their way through orcs and fellow dwarves to qualify. The combination of a WALL of guard and 2 MA8 runners is very promising indeed. Our tip for MVP: abobo. What a player!

3. Da Skarr Boyz, Orc. Defeating dwarves, chaos dwarves and pro-elves on their way to the main event these greenskins have proved they can play well against both bashy and agile opponents. The combination of their two super throwers and several AG upgrades on other players means these Orcs don’t just cage. Beware!

4. To the Ratmobile, skaven. The qualification of these ratz for the main event is classified as a miracle even by the team coach, Mezir. Defeating orcs, dwarves and the nandorins to get there AND surviving is quite a feat. The team is still pretty junior compared to most other contenders, but the brilliantly developed GR’s will make sure that no player with the ball is safe anywhere on the pitch.

5. Dangerous Dancers, dark elf. The dancers survived matches against orcs and a nasssty chaos team to arrive in the final. The main feature of the team is the LOADS of AG5 players. Here is 1 coach who will be hoping hard for rainy wheather.

6. Broken face, undead. The undeads came through qualifying, but not without some damage to their ranks. The absence of their experienced mummies might hurt their chances, but then again, they ARE undeads, and seem to be focussing on the BLOODbowl philosophy for this tournament, hiring 2 dp’s especially for the GLT.

7. Lost in the Wood, wood elf. Qualifying via chaos, cd’s and high elves this woodie team is, well, a woodie team. Their awesome thrower can put the ball anywhere on the field with some accuracy and they will be hard to beat in any single game. Will they have the staying power to survive the matches against the hardhitters?

8. Save your Souls, khemri. Who wouldn’t shudder at the thought of playing these guys. 4 mummies and 4 dirty players make for a squad that can punch a major hole in anything. Whether they will win the tournament or not, it seems pretty certain that no team that has played them will win their next match! Oh and they have the cash for Ramtut……….. twice…………..

9. Dark Solution, chaos. Speaking of damage: any volunteers to face a ST4, Claw, RSC beastman? Their opponents in the qualifier found out that this team has a pretty good mix of bashpower and some +AG guys to make them difficult to defeat.

10. For the Grace of Wood D.M.U, wood elf. The teams motto is that woodies don’t always need to run away. Their qualifying success against dwarves, cd’s and orcs shows they might be right!

11. Helena High, skaven. The only team in the tournament with a pure 1 turner on the roster. Coupled with some good defensive players and a senior thrower these guys will be hard to beat, and the presence of their 2 dirty players will mean that simply trying to murder the ratz will have a price as well.

12. Nandorins, high elf. The Nandorins are leaving the forest! We all know them as of the greatest elf-bowling teams on Fumbbl. How will they do against the top bashers? The classic battle between bashing and ballplaying. As the team with the highest TS in the tournament they should win…….on paper…..

13. Tholgorond Swordspiders, dark elf. Mister faction goes ranked! All time faction medal leader Flix joins us mortals in ranked for the tournament. Will his vast experience in playing match-ups that are rare in ranked allow him to outplay the others?

14. Jemaline Alliance, chaos dwarf. The alliance had to work hard for the qualification, but made it in the end by defeating 2 senior elven teams in qualifier #14. Beware of that scary mino! (if he lives)

15. Karak Ungor Ironbreakers, dwarf. In the final of their qualifier these dorfs sent out a clear warning to all elf teams in the GLT. WE CRACK SKULLS, DODGE THIS. Try to spot the weakness in this lineup!

16. Chickenistan, orc. Can you say Nobbla, Morg and Varag? These guys have a huge load of cash, which they can spend to spring some nasty surprises on their opponents. What more can you want in tournament play?

My personal favourites:

I HOPE the chaos dwarves will win, but thats just my racial preference getting the better of me.

I expect the Nandorins to win, because they have a roster of 16 skilled players and can be expected to be able to soak up the damage against the bashers.

Flix is my outsider. his team doesn't look superior to the others, but he is more used to playing in this environment.

What do you think?

Last edited by Cloggy on %b %17, %2005 - %11:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Istarios

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the Nandorins win. Not just because my heart lies with high tr elves, but also because this team is everenduring. I've seen their players die time after time and still this team always mannage to spring back up to face new challengers from all races. The Nandorins have a collective "jump up" skill.
As a dark horse I'd put my winnings on Dark Solution. That team is scary AND flexible. My dark elves played them once and ended up with 3 RIP's for being so elfishly arrogant as to think I could both bash and play ball against this adept team.
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Not really into tournaments through usual work commitments, but thats was a great write up, well done!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Shameless Macavity-style bump.

Vote people!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i vote for the nandorins aswell. Elf power!!

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Catenaccio looks like the best team to me. Tough enough to survive, fast enough to score.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Nandorins all the way!!! Smile
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice write up cloggy! Cool way to build up to the tourney. I played dark solution in a build up game to the GLT and I conceeded, which invariably ruined my team, with both my super wights leaving. However, there is always fight in the face, we just need some teams to realise I dont want my warm up games to be bloody! (that disclaimer really doesnt work :p)

I think the Nandorins are favourites. But I agree that Dark Solution and Tholgorond Swordspiders, are outsiders also. I'm always happy to the underdog Very Happy

Falcone

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Definately pulling for the Nandorins but I give the Swordspiders a real good chance as well.
Tommi

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 12:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Helena High for sure, 1 turners rock, and DP:s keep the team alive.
Woodpecker

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 14:47 Reply with quote Back to top

For the Grace of Wood D.M.U
That wardancer needs to die.
Or something.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish there was a halfling team..... I'm giving it to the Nannies... what choice is there?

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 15:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone's saying the Nandorins are going to win.

Hey boys, To The Ratmobile! beat that team. Wink

I'm fully expecting them to die though.

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent summary Cloggy!

I hope that one of the Swedes (Gatts, Booahl or Slanter) makes it all the way and I will definitely cheer for them!

But I think Flix will win, that guy knows a lot about playing elves in all kinds of matchups
lukastrika

Post   Posted: Jun 17, 2005 - 15:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Lost in the wood is struggling again, lost half a dozen players over the past dozen matches, and the players worth was well over 150 in ts.
but, we tend to bounce back in a couple of games. I'm hoping for having an easy opponent in the first round that lets me live and hopefully gets beaten. please browse my past players, you'll see material for a dozen good we teams Smile