67 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT?
Who Cares?
60%
 60%  [ 51 ]
I am a BBowl Guru. My (correct) prediction is in my reply
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 84

thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 00:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Upset special: Watch for Broken Face to win in the first round!

Weee. Thanks for the vote of confidence Synn! Or were you just being contraversial? Wink

I'm quite content to be the underdog and get the handicaps. As far as I'm concerned every match is there for the winning. With alot of help from Nuffle anything is possible. However, my team is a little out of its depth for this tourney, I'm just happy to have qualified to be honest! Anything extra is a bonus.

Synn

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 19:43 Reply with quote Back to top

So far the first round has been one monster round. Dwarves made it through the khem..... but ouch are they feeling it.

Synn
**My final four prediction remains
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

For those of you interested... (I'm sure my critics will complain of my spammy advertising)...

Here is my take on this thread (as opposed to who will win the GLT, I'll wait for the final 4 before making my predictions Very Happy )

http://fumbblwatch.blogspot.com/

Fantastic work guys. Keep the analysis rolling in!

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

really didn't think the dwarves would win that game. Nandorins winning over lost in the wood was somewhat more expected but so far we have a good mix of favourites and underdogs winning.. and some pretty neat games as well.

So far we have 2 dwarves, 3 elfs and a skaven team in the second round.

Maybe i should start cheering for the orc and chaos teams still left in the tourney. A second round consisting of 4 bashy teams and 4 agility teams would be a pretty good indicator that both ways works in high TR tournaments, woiuldn't it?

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, rather unsuprisingly Broken Face didnt make it through. It was a crazy match and very unique (9 cas with Skaven agaisnt Undead? Who you foolin'?).

Both teams lost players but it was Helena High that came out worse for fatalities. I managed to kill that st3 one turning critter Danny, and he now plays his bloodbowl for Broken Face, although he is alot slower and less agile now. As always Broken Face made a fight of it, meaning that the rats will have a tough time in the next round with only 12 players and no money for sweeteners (130k went on this match). The better coach won! Good luck in the next round BooAhl.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=800698

Claude

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The khemri dwarf game must have been fixed, he did not throw a single foul! Whats up with that? You fill the team up with DPs play in a tourney and don´t foul...I am only saying this because I mentioned before that they would win the darn thing but that was just under the circumstances that they would foul their pants off. So I retract that Smile
thesquig

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 22:52 Reply with quote Back to top

My prediction for the final. Da Skar Boyz vs Nandorins. Malthor has alot of experience at this TR and his experience with elves means that he'll have an edge against agility teams, and natural power vs bashers.

Trog

Post   Posted: Jun 21, 2005 - 23:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I am kind of suprised that some of these matches have occured without some type of match report from either player. Sad

My sentimental favorite is going to have to be, To The Ratmobile!

Good luck, though, to all the competitors.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry about the delay, but played yesterday from a friends computer and had to drink some beers with him after the game :O) – and sorry for my English...

Nandorins vs Lost in the wood: 3-2 (2-2)

Lost in the woods got some pretty okay handicaps with doom and gloom, bad press, it wasn’t me (on a block, +ag, leap and tackle lineelf), morlys on 3 players (Star dragon, block leap +ag lineelf and a block +ag lineelf) and the knuckleduster. A hard one to crack now with some really good players out and only 3 rr’s for the first half (sometimes like to have 8 rr's to use :S ), but it was a really big blow for Lost in the woodes when hes Star thrower not managed to get over hes niggling injury, but lukastrika took the chance and used the apo on him.

Lost in the woods won the coin toss and dicied that i should kick the ball. I was stunned when i saw that he was not up to scoring a two turner td, but isted played it around in the backfield, and after a 3+, 2+ dodge i godt the ball free from the ag6 catcher after using a strip ball dragon and he managed to get the ball and dodge away, next turn the lost in the woods missed the chance to get him down and he scored to 1-0 after a +3 dodge... Next drive the lost in the woods missed something again and I got the ball up field and tryed to stall to turn 8, but he dodge from dt into one tz, and from the dt out in the free and made a 1d pow block, and i missed it heavyly with a snake eye dodge in turn 8...

Next half i got the ball first but manged to fumbbl it away after snake eyes on the throw back to the thrower and stupid me had not started with putting some players in scoring positions. Lost in the woods got 3 tz on the ball i got it after pushing a man into the ball, but lost it again failing a 2+ dodge away from a man. After this a easy scoring to 1-1, then the offense worked for my Nandorins with a easy 2-1 scoring, and took the ball from lost in the woods, after he failed a 4+ dt dodge for a td and I scored to 3-1, then lost in the woods scored with out problems to 2-3, but tthey only got perfekt defense when needing a blitz or injury time. In 2th half he made a niggling on my +st thrower (apo used on that) and a bh (don't remember what player). I made a kill on a guard lineelf and a wd’er with one niggling got one more.

I think it was a pretty safe win for my HE’s, but that 5+, 4+ dodge with 1d pow maked me a little bit scared for 2th half. Thanks for the game lukastrika and your good sportsmanship – cheers for your woodies!

KFoged - now with 5 players on 47 spp's
KFoged

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Just me again :O)

Coaches still in GLT (like me Wink ):
It will be really sweet if you posted the time for the next matches in here, so I and others know when we have something to watch!

Good luck everybody,

KFoged

Last edited by KFoged on %b %23, %2005 - %16:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 18:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, somehow, To The Ratmobile! knocked Da Skarr Boyz out of the competition. Their coach thought it was game over very early in the game, but the players disagreed.

My apologies to the spectators who were aggravated by the prolonged whine warfare. Malthor enjoyed the game and that's really what matters here.

Now to lose my next, far easier match-up, against another skaven team whose +ST Gutter Runner was also brutally injured in their previous match.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Whomever may end up winning it all in the end, I think that To The Ratmobile is clearly the crowd favorite. After pulling off all these upsets, I just can't imagine rooting for anyone else.

Nice work, Mez.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2005 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Whoa, nice one Mez!

Mezir

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 11:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Time for a first round summary, Cloggy? You started the thread, maybe you should continue as active reporter. Smile

Personally I think I seriously under-estimated the Dwarf teams. Who's going to take them out?

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Update coming right up ( in a few hours that is Wink )