41 coaches online • Server time: 12:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Who will win the GLT?
Who Cares?
60%
 60%  [ 51 ]
I am a BBowl Guru. My (correct) prediction is in my reply
39%
 39%  [ 33 ]
Total Votes : 84

Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 12:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, as requested, you now all have a chance to update your opinions. Some of the teams that are in the 2nd round have not been voted for earlier on.

You can still win the grand prize by predicting a winner now that was not named before.

After conclusion of the first round the tournament comes down to a Dwarves vs Agiles match-up. Personally I think this is pretty cool, since these match-ups are so rare in regular ranked play. Bonus points for the ranked turneys Exclamation

2nd round matchups:

Dangerous Dancers vs Catenaccio: Already concluded & a win for the lawn ornaments. Very impressive stuff to watch. The guarding wall will prove to be a big problem for any elf or skaven coach to get through. Being a sucky skaven coach myself I even think the rats will have more problems with the dwarves than the elves, given their lesser ability to dodge out of harms way.

To the Ratmobile! Vs Helena High: An all rat match up, so difficult to predict. What will make the difference?
Helena High has the more developed linemen and the capacity to turn the game into a foulfest if required. To the Ratmobile has the super gutters. (And off course Mezir’s notorious luck with the dice Laughing ).
My prediction is that if Helena High succeeds in getting Ratwoman off the pitch early they will win. Otherwise the superior gutters will give the win to Mezir.

Cliffhanger!

Nandorins vs Karak Ungor Iron Breakers: How to break this cage….. The classic elfcoach dillemma. The multitude of tackle/MB guys means you really want to stay away, but you need to get the ball in order to stop the classic 2-1 dwarf win. Will the wizard be enough to break the cage on 1 drive? Will the elves survive the onslaught?

Quite a tough match for tournament favourites Nandorins I’d say, especially since they faced dwarves for the last time 278 games ago Wink . I still stick to my ealier prediction of the Nandorins winning though, with the wizard making the difference.

Tholgorond Swordspiders vs For the Grace of Wood DMU: A matchup between 2 elvish teams pretty well able to bash as well. Will woodie speed win the day or is it going to be the allround power of the darkies?

My personal opinion is that unless the woodies get the ref the darkies will win this one. They have a better spread of skills in the team. Especially the presence of only 1 tackler on the woodie squad against this many blodgers will cause problems.

Come on coaches!

Vote, brag and talk smack!

The GLT needs you........

(edited for spelling mistakes and stuff. Typing very bad today Embarassed )

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 15:30 Reply with quote Back to top

From the Office of the Elf Mangling Union

ATTENTION ALL NON-ELF TEAMS REMAINING IN THE GLT

It has come to the attention of the EMU office that through a combination of treachery, trickery, corruption and outright match fixing, three elf teams have made it into the final 8 of the the prestigious GLT tournament. Clearly no Elf team could have honestly made it to this stage of the tournament without widespread corruption at the highest levels of the Fumbbl commissioner's office.

As such, in order to counteract such nefarious activities which have been committed by these teams, the Elf Mangling Union is forced to announce the follwoing: Any NON-ELF team which defeats an Elf team in the GLT final match will be automatically inducted into the EMU Hall of Fame*. Additionally the winning team, along with the winnings from the tournament itself, will receive a certificate of appreciation from the EMU and an "Ogresses of Summer" wall calender lifetime subscription.

Remember, the powers that be will use everything in their arsenal to ensure a pointy ear win. You must rise above this and embrace your responsibility to resist the dominance of the elvish scum on Fumbbl.

May Gork be with You!

* Such induction does not require your consent. Your image, brand,& team name can and will be used at the option of the Elf Mangling Union, Malignant LLP, & Ogre Dim Lightbulbs. We now own your merchandising rights. For further information please contact our legal department in the chaos wastelands. We reserve the right to renege on this agreement at any time.

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2005 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

My thoughts on the Grace's upcoming game.

As cloggy mentioned one of the big obstacles for the grace is the amount of blodge they have to ocercome.
Woodies have 4 blodgers 1 tackler, darkies has 6 blodgers and 2 tacklers definetly an advantage for the swordspiders. Another thing speaking for the spiders is the fact that Flix is a much better coach than I am (even though our previous seems to have favoured me), on the other hand I have been outrageoiusly lucky so far so i guess that evens it up somewhat. In my oppinion the swordspiders, as a team, is probably better than the grace right now, but I wonder if the grace isn't the team with the greater potential. Sadly that won't mattern right now. I said before that i thought Flix would win the entire thing and i see no reason to change that prediction.

Update for those who are interested. Game will most likely be held today friday.
Gatts

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Game report Grace of Wood - Swordspiders
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=804524
Virus was my handicap.. that was the good news.

over to the bad news

During the first 2 turns, flix incapacitated both my wardancers and my first half was pretty much voer there.. knocked the ball loose a couple of times, and even gained control of it once, but flix was quick to recover it. And soon piles of woodelfs were littering my dugout. The darkefls scored in the 8th turn and i messed up a shopt at a chainpush td by trying to use the opponents sidestep guy.. yeha.. that's realllly smart.

Second half started of with a thrown rock further decimating the wood elf team, being soundly outnumbered and having some bad luck on early blocks i couldnt really break through anywhere and decided to wait for flix to commit his players to a more aggressive defesne before trying for the TD. Once his lone tackler was all the way to one side i sent down a lone blodger on the other side with my best wishes. Flix managed to Pow him and even though i managed to make the struggle for the ball somewhat interesting the game was soon in dark elf hands again.
0-2 loss nothing much to talk about. good lcuk in the future Flix.[url][/url]
Darkwolf

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 17:57 Reply with quote Back to top

That naked pictuture of my ex better not be in that Ogresses of Summer calender Bunny.

Go Dwarfs!! FOR THE CLAN!!!

Love to see a clan win this thing.

Post   Posted: Jun 24, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Have to go for "To The Ratmobile", after watching them qualify with sheer luck and brilliance I hope they go all the way.

Go Mezir!

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 14:35 Reply with quote Back to top

So its catanaccio vs Nandorins for the final matchup. Any ideas when it will be played?

My money is on Kfoged
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Jul 07, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd bet on Kfoged as well - although he'll be handing out 5 handicaps to a team with 100K to spend against him, his 15 active elf roster with only a single niggle mean's he can mostly avoid the devastating Virus - and if the opposing runner should niggle, things will get hard for the dwarves very quickly.

I think the elves will sustains quite a few lumps, but pull it off in the end!

Die Warp Maus puts their fans and support behind one of their favorite opponents! Go Nandorins!

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2005 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the final is going to be played next week (Tomma have been away for the last 7 days) if i get the chance to write when it going to be played - I will do so Wink

Maybe we then can have the final shoutcasted?

KFoged
Nordmark

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Nordmark wrote:
Im gonna go with the Nandorians on this one.

Although it would be nice if catenaccio could take it. Good team, good coach, fun starplayers and no dirty player.

Just going to quote myself....Looks like i actually managed some good guessing Wink

Missed the finall...darn... A match report from the final would be fun to read *hint*.

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes... we plebes demand a match report!

And the dwarfs will be inducted into the EMU hall of fame over the weekend in a ceremony in this thread!

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

The key of the match was a failed 3+ pass (double 2) by Nandorins thrower to tie the match on last turn....
Gary_Gygax

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 15:34 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
Yes... we plebes demand a match report!

And the dwarfs will be inducted into the EMU hall of fame over the weekend in a ceremony in this thread!

I understand your joy Bunny, but Catenaccio is not a very EMU team, playing with style and without dirty players or nasty tricks Smile
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Gary_Gygax wrote:

I understand your joy Bunny, but Catenaccio is not a very EMU team, playing with style and without dirty players or nasty tricks Smile

The ends justify the means in this case! The nasty commisioners of Fumbbl thought their dastardly pro-elf plan would work, but these stalwart dwarves managed to rise against the elvish scum tide (thats orc poety btw) and delivered a crushing blow to pointy eared hopefulls everywhere.

Poncy Dwarfs > Poncy Elfs!

Post   Posted: Jul 14, 2005 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

where is the report ! Very Happy
 Jump to: