38 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...goto Post Chaos Draft League R...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to be able to hold an inactive Ranked team as well as our normal 5 team allowance, instead of having to retire them?
yes, i'd like the option
43%
 43%  [ 37 ]
no, the system works
48%
 48%  [ 42 ]
my teams never get high enough for me to care!
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 86

Gumbo

Post 8 Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 08:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,

having played here solidly for a while now, i've built up a couple of good looking teams Kill Joys and Jilted

Its such a shame that in order to play other teams i might have to retire them and hoped there may be some discussion with regards to allowing coaches the ability to 'inactivate' at least one ranked team (with a minimum tr of say 225)

I'm probably just rehashing an old post but i do wish we could keep certain teams we've grown attached to (even though we all know they could get slaughtered in an instant!)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

move t-hem to U instead of retiring.

join my league. You will get games!
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 11:03 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
move t-hem to U instead of retiring.

join my league. You will get games!

This is the best option you have. If you put a team on ice, you might never bring it back to action because your new R teams catch your fancy.

If you transfer them to U and play in some tournaments, you will get a few R slots free and you get very interesting and close match-ups (without even having to care about your CR, in case you think your CR must stay high at all costs Razz ).

sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

mmmmmm keep one very high team for official R tournaments ;p
Gumbo

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 15:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumie: Yeah i realise you may develop other good teams, but just the option of having that team you like the most and a record that your team has achieved staying in tact is all im saying. There is rarely a team available to play in unranked of that size so a change over (for the long term) would be pointless, at least in ranked theres a few more high tr teams out there that are generally on gamefinder. Retiring them would be the only choice rather than put them in U.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

But if you put them in a tournament, the high tr team will get a game a week. And most of the high U teams play tournaments anyway- like the Orca Cola Cup Series- at least a third of the teams who play in that are over 200 tr and ts. You should join-OOCS rules!
EvolveToAnarchism

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 21:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe you can become the first person who actually gets games with high TR teams in [U]. Rolling Eyes Wait a second, I know of many high TR teams that somehow manage to get games with TR200+ teams in [U] without joining tournaments.

[U] can be viable option to play all of your games in if you so choose. Lots of people hate CR and would like to play in [U]. It gets even easier if people actually try what they claim to want. Join the movement and play open games in [U].

As Always,
Evolve To Anarchism
You can't play high TR games in [U]?

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 21:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It would be a great option, if possible, especially if the "iced" team could transfer straight to unranked from ice if you decided you wanted to.

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 21:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Can't play high TR teams in U ?

Yeah right, never had any trouble finding games for my teams.... and one of them is truly monstrous !

33rd Coven

Crazy Kings (even this horrific team has little trouble finding games...)

Don't dismiss Unranked, believe me it has more fun possibilities than Ranked and the "not being able to get a game" is a fallacious argument, ask any experienced unranked coach

Post   Posted: Jun 18, 2005 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I just like the idea of ice... It's cool... It's 35 Celcius today...... Unranked is fine! I just like ice... cool, clean ice....

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Moving them to Unranked pretty much IS retiring them.

Let's face it, the majority of games played is in Ranked. Of course there ARE high TR teams in Unranked and you could probably go there and still manage to find games. But the main action is in Ranked, and many people like myself will simply play there because of that. I could give a damn about CR, and if Unranked had more games played I'd switch over instantly.

Having said that, I don't really like this idea of putting teams on ice so to speak. Having 5 teams is more then enough imo. How often are you really playing those 5 teams anyways? I know taking a break and trying something new is nice and all, but hey.. that's the beauty of having several other divisions to play in.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 00:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
-- But the main action is in Ranked, and many people like myself will simply play there because of that. I could give a damn about CR, and if Unranked had more games played I'd switch over instantly.

The more poeple move on to Unranked, the more games are played in Unranked and the more coaches are willing to transfer to Unranked because there are more games being played.

Join Unranked. Help making it popular. Otherwise it will never become popular and you have only yourself to blame.

AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Give me more slots in U, I'll bring my R team over... it's already full up with tons of tourney teams as it is right now.

Z
G_Force

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, more U slots needed. i want to play in another tourney but love all 15 of my teams dearly (and they are all active teams).

Let the ones who care for CR play in ranked and the rest play in U. once this happens any team will have many options for games to play as there will be more teams in the division plus you are not resticted in games by tr/ts differences or playing the same team/coach within x games.
imo if you don't care for your CR you are devaluing the system that so many cherrypick ( er i mean feel is important) for and this is why i do not play R div myself. i don't care how good some formula says i am, i just like to play and have fun. sometimes i do well in a tourney and sometimes i am out first round but it's all fun.

Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:

The more poeple move on to Unranked, the more games are played in Unranked and the more coaches are willing to transfer to Unranked because there are more games being played.

Sorry, not going to happen. I said I don't care for CR, but I do care about playing games when I want to. WHEN Unranked has enough people, I'll consider switching over.

I never said I disliked Ranked. So no, I won't blame myself for anything.