49 coaches online • Server time: 18:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post anyone know how to c...goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Would you like to be able to hold an inactive Ranked team as well as our normal 5 team allowance, instead of having to retire them?
yes, i'd like the option
43%
 43%  [ 37 ]
no, the system works
48%
 48%  [ 42 ]
my teams never get high enough for me to care!
8%
 8%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 86

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Karhumies wrote:

The more poeple move on to Unranked, the more games are played in Unranked and the more coaches are willing to transfer to Unranked because there are more games being played.

Sorry, not going to happen. I said I don't care for CR, but I do care about playing games when I want to. WHEN Unranked has enough people, I'll consider switching over.

I never said I disliked Ranked. So no, I won't blame myself for anything.

It's coaches like you that make Unranked wither. I don't mean to offend you personally; I have recently run into really many "it's easy to play ranked, won't even bother to try out anything else..." -coaches.

Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have tried Unranked, you idiot.

Look at how many Unranked teams I have, did I ever say I never tried it?

It's people like you that make me sick, assume everything and accuse.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 01:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Its not fair to say coaches like anyone are responsible for Unranked withering. Divisions die out, it happens. Don't get me wrong i still play unranked but i don't think its so fair we should have to transfer to unranked without any sort of option. There really arent many high tr teams to play (that appear regularly), certainly not over tr 260.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 12:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Aequitas wrote:
Sorry, not going to happen.

oh. Christer is it you?

Aequitas don't play your mr I know everything then just flame down people.

I just quote someone (guess who?)

"It's people like you that make me sick, assume everything and accuse"
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I was referring to myself changing to Unranked before it has the numbers Ranked has. I guess that wasn't obvious, but hey, looks like you're doing some assuming as well.

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

ok citiziens. sufficient flame has erupted from here
Disperse citiziens. Big Brother is watching you and it is armed heavily.
Disperse Citizien!
Love the Computer! The computer loves you
Aequitas

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 12:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Razz

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

makes better sense that way. But since it was proposed her and there in R forum that all R teams should be moved in Open, it explains the misunderstanding.

Anyway, so me and Khar' jkust make you sick......
Smess

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 13:46 Reply with quote Back to top

5 Ranked slots is more than enough. No reason to change that.

And it ain't that hard to get games in unranked (true it requires a bit more patience above tr 200 sometimes).
I love unranked, cos it gives me the oppurtunity to play all sort of crazy matchups i wouldn't play in ranked and I don't care when i get a dicerape there.
Been playing in unranked for quite a long time now (my music lovers have played 130+ games in unranked), and if anything, unranked has gotten more popular. Half a year ago, it was a lot harder of finding games there.

Anyway, Unranked is at least as fun as ranked, and it's a lot more chill imo.
So, transfer teams to unranked and start playing there, you'll see it's not hard to find games there.
The more the merrier !

Smess
origami

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 15:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Unranked seems to have a pretty good selection of teams to play against. However, I can't really comment on the chances of finding some of the super high TR games, as I neither enjoy nor play them.
Schalburg

Post 10 Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
Unranked seems to have a pretty good selection of teams to play against. However, I can't really comment on the chances of finding some of the super high TR games, as I neither enjoy nor play them.

Yes that much should be obvious regarding the majority of your former posts Razz You sort of remind me of Cato, instead of Carthage here it's: "high TR teams must be razed"
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

just join tournaments at very high TR!!!!

Tournament rules
DreadClaw

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 18:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the I am Macavity option? can't have a poll without an i am Macavity option :< love the idea and all, but it's not for me to judge or discuss.. i'll bide by the rules, instead of knowing better all the time

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Schalburg wrote:
Yes that much should be obvious regarding the majority of your former posts Razz You sort of remind me of Cato, instead of Carthage here it's: "high TR teams must be razed"

Nah, other people are free to play them if they wish - sure, the game wasn't really designed for it, but one of the great things about Fumbbl is that people can play the game however they enjoy it most.

They just won't get much sympathy from me when problems inevitably crop up. Razz

In this case, the problem seems to be that he has some very high TR teams that he can't bear to get rid of, but that are also keeping him from experimenting with new teams. He doesn't want to play with them constantly, but would like them to get an occasional game.

There are a couple of ways to solve this within the current division structure. The best solution here seems to be a transfer to ranked in order to join a high TR tourney - Grudge League or Orca-Cola should work. Another solution would be to leave them in Ranked, but to create the new teams in U. I see plenty of low TR teams in U on gamefinder, so finding a match shouldn't be a problem.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Jun 19, 2005 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
There are a couple of ways to solve this within the current division structure. The best solution here seems to be a transfer to unranked in order to join a high TR tourney - Grudge League or Orca-Cola should work. Another solution would be to leave them in Ranked, but to create the new teams in U. I see plenty of low TR teams in U on gamefinder, so finding a match shouldn't be a problem.

As the Grudge League main organiser, I'd like to remind everyone we only accept TR 100 [U] teams.

Jump to: