27 coaches online • Server time: 08:56
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Aconite

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 13:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok... I sent a PM to Karhumies apologising for no PM about not getting the game played by the redline... and I fully expect and deserve the loss of points for that. I've been busy and forgot all about it so deserve to suffer the consequences.

However, it does state in the redline rules that

"Before the redline date passes, you are required to send a message (by chat, FUMBBL site, air mail...anything goes) to your opponent and agree a date and time for your match."

Which, as I've said, I did not do. However, neither did my opponent bother trying to contact me. He did however send a PM to Karhumies about not playing by the redline. This is supposed to be if you've been trying to get your game played, which neither of us did.

I have no issues with me getting the negative points, but do see it as somewhat unsportsmanlike that my opponent gets points for a match that they also never even bothered trying to arrange.

Perhaps the redline rulings should be altered... Or clarified. Both of us failed to follow the first rule of the redline issue, both should be punished. If we want games to go ahead in this league without the number of forfeits we're getting, people have to be encouraged to bother making contact with their opponents. Not just leaving it till before the redline, and sending PMs on the pretence they've bothered trying to arrange the game.

(Brad Osberg)
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Sep 01, 2005 - 14:41 Reply with quote Back to top

for me, he decision is fair. Ok, nor you nor you opponent traded pms BUT the redline rule, the fact both are supposed to contact the coordinator, is here to stop any arbitrary decisions. I mean, if both send a pm, the coordinator get the 2 side of the story and can handle this with ease. Now, if what you propose is done (he suffering from the decision too), the coordinator has now to decide with maybe a biased perception.
("I sended a pm!" "no he lies")

then something else:
he pmed the coordinator showing that he did care. He therefore, probably could have played and the coordinator decided to push things forward. What next? Taking him the win back when he could have arranged that game? Then it would become his fault?

Ok he is half guilty. But would you have pmed there would probably have been a quick date arrangement. He failed in pming you in the 7 first days. yes. but IMO still deserve the win.

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 08:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Aconite wrote:
--
Perhaps the redline rulings should be altered... Or clarified. Both of us failed to follow the first rule of the redline issue, both should be punished. If we want games to go ahead in this league without the number of forfeits we're getting, people have to be encouraged to bother making contact with their opponents. Not just leaving it till before the redline, and sending PMs on the pretence they've bothered trying to arrange the game.

This has happened one or two times before during the existence Grudge League but in the end, such occasions are really rare and nonintentional. All I can say is that you should always send your redline message on time, no matter if your opponent has contacted you or not.

In general, active coaches who send their redline messages on time are very often available for a match. Sometimes it just happens they have been offline for nearly a week and get back just before the redline and send their redline PM first. But if the opponent also send the redline PM, they get a week of extra time to arrange the match. That should be very doable.

Drud

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I've actually sent redline messages the last couple of weeks, and then I got the game played in time anyway :p
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 06, 2005 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:
I've actually sent redline messages the last couple of weeks, and then I got the game played in time anyway :p

This is the ideal situation for the staff members.

Everyone, please imitate Drud. Send the message on time, if there's even a slight chance you might not be able to play the game on time.

I get PM spammed anyway, so you can send me as many messages as you wish. Not sending a PM at all is a problem, sending one "just in case" is not. Wink

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 07, 2005 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ANNOUNCEMENT, replacements

The following teams have joined Karak Kadriv div for the remainder of the last round:

17. Roster [ U] Muses on a Mission NightGriffin 100/99 Amazon 0
18. Roster [ U] Möötley Crüe Hank 100/80 Halfling 0
19. Roster [ U] RaceWarriorz KnowFear 100/102 Khemri 0
20. Roster [ U] Shadows of Hoeth Lander 100/102 High Elf 0

All 4 teams are replacements for inactive teams who were kicked out from the tournament due to being offline for at least a week. Two of them were kicked out from the league altogether (30d offline). There might be even more replacements during the last round.

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

dr_scitt wrote:
Scores for the redline period of round 7 of the World's Edge Monumental Tournament - Zhufbar Division:

We wantss the powerss - Lose (3-2) + 1 point
Necrophobic - Win (3-2) + 7 points

Am-Khemri-Kanos - Win (2-0) + 7 points
Flaming Falchion - Lose (2-0) + 1 point

Highland Cows - Win (2-1) + 7 points
Lissie and her friends - Lose (2-1) + 1 point

Les Tontons Flingueurs - Lose (5-0) + 1 point
Attempt - Win (5-0) + 7 points

Dancing Daggers - Win (2-0) + 7 points
Darkwood Cobwebs - Lose (2-0) + 1 point

Sizzle Fizzle No reply from EITHER coach -5 points
Grudgingly Disturbed -No reply from EITHER coach -5 points

Mystical Mayhem No reply from EITHER coach -5 points
Green Fighters No reply from EITHER coach -5 points

'Un Too Frii! - Lose (2-1) + 1 point
Rock Hard Cafe - Win (2-1) + 7 points

Green And Slime - No reply from EITHER coach -5 points
Once Upon A Turn - No reply from EITHER coach -5 points

Stop Lookin At My Ghoulies - Win (2-0) + 7 points
Alamut's Shadows - Lose (2-0) + 7 points

Thanks to those regular playing coaches who made the division a very close and exciting contest. In the end the division by Bloodelf, beating DanTitan76 by a single reserve point!

Thanks
dr_scitt
Zhufbar Division Deadline Co-ordinator

Karak Kadrin round 7 scores collected before the redline:

Gooooooold! win 2-0, +7 points
Men of Valor loss 0-2, +1 point

Nuffle this loss 2-3, +1
Fury Little Friends win 3-2, +7

Fangs of Sotek win 5-0 +7
Iron Chef's Dinner Servise loss 0-5 +1

Belierand Brotherhood -5 no redline PM sent
Forever After +7 Pm was sent

Razorclaw Orcs win 1-0 +7
Korhedron's Fanatics loss 0-1 +1

Jacks -5 no PM sent
Lustrian Death -5 no PM sent

RaceWarriorz, time extension
Grudgebound Avengers, time extension

Environmental Hazards, time extension
Don't get mad, get EVIL, time extension

Late Knights win 2-1, +7
Shadows of Hoeth loss 1-2, +1

Muses on a Mission, time extension
Möötley Crüe, time extension

origami's Gooooooold! is the clear winner of the Karak Kadrin division! Congratulations!

As soon as the finalists know when they can play their match, I will forfeit the Fillers from the final KO tourney so the final can commence. It will most likely be broadcasted on FUMBBL radio!

Drud

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Now I feel stupid... :p

I had actually spoken with Prymja, and we had agreed that we were both online enough for us to just play when we "met". I guess we weren't :S
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 08, 2005 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Drud wrote:

I had actually spoken with Prymja, and we had agreed that we were both online enough for us to just play when we "met". I guess we weren't :S

You both should learn your lesson from this. Always, I repeat, ALWAYS send your redline message on time.

Prymja

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 03:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Karhumies wrote:
Drud wrote:

You both should learn your lesson from this. Always, I repeat, ALWAYS send your redline message on time.

Seeing as the message that was sent out gave us another week for the redline, and seeing as your own rule states that all you have to do is say something in IRC, I am threw with this league, both of my teams will be removed in a few minutes, and I will be finished with this bullshit, this is the second time you have put me up as a no PM sent after I talked to you in the IRC. I am fed up with this and will no longer be part of this, if you do not want to live by your own rules, then do not make them, your ruling states that you only have to contact your deaqdline cordinator, and I have done this twice threw IRC with you. I am absolutly sick of this.
origami

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
If you fail to finish your game before the redline, both of the coaches involved HAVE TO send a private message to the deadline coordinator responsible for your tournament division (NOT any other deadline coordinator!) and tell him that your game will be delayed to the next week. If no such PM is received before the redline passes, your match will be forfeited no matter what.

It is stated clearly in the rules that a PM must be received. It does not say that telling the coordinator in chat is enough.
Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2005 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

origami wrote:
Quote:
If you fail to finish your game before the redline, both of the coaches involved HAVE TO send a private message to the deadline coordinator responsible for your tournament division (NOT any other deadline coordinator!) and tell him that your game will be delayed to the next week. If no such PM is received before the redline passes, your match will be forfeited no matter what.

It is stated clearly in the rules that a PM must be received. It does not say that telling the coordinator in chat is enough.

Yes, the rules do state that a PM is required. An IRC message would be enough if only I could remember it. I used to accept IRC messages in the beginning but after I began to have my computer on IRC 24/7 regardless of whether or not I am using it, I kept losing my IRC PMs received whenever my network disconnected due to problems with FUMBBL server or my internet provider. Therefore, many IRC PMs sent to me have been lost pretty much for ever without me even noticing them.

In addition, after a rush of about 40 more coaches joined, I have constantly kept telling people to SEND ME A SITE PM! There are so freakin' many members in this league it is impossible for me to remember by heart who has contacted me already and who hasn't. Therefore, I have begun to archive my site PMs (I delete them only once every two months or so) and whenever it is redline time, I press Ctrl+F to search from my site PMs using the coach nick as a key entry.

I am terriblysorry about all the bad stuff that has happened due to my carelessness/bad memory during my time as the league main organiser, but you have to take into account that hosting Grudge League is only a hobby for me. In IRL, I am atm studying wickedly because some of my university exams are next week. I live by myself (I have moved out from my parents' rather recently) and I have other hobbies - such as hosting a small Confrontation "league" - I need to have time for as well...there is no way I can take care of everything in my life without taking some shortcuts. That's pretty much why I need all of you to send me a site PM for the redline if I am your redline coordinator. I have too much to do (or too little time to achieve all of it) even as it is. I feel myself very strained by all this, yet I try to keep the league running to the best of my abilities.

I have also arranged it so that I don't need to be a deadline coord for the next couple of tournaments; there's no way I have enough time for that. I just try to squeeze in a single game of BB per week so that my own GL teams wouldn't have to forfeit any of their games. I used to be in 8 different tournaments at a time but now all I have is GL and Ogre league...got time for nothing else. Sad

Karhumies

Post   Posted: Sep 14, 2005 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

final match:

[00:39] <bloodelf> k btw my match against origami should be at about 1745 thursday
[00:39] <bloodelf> gmt

Jump to: