26 coaches online • Server time: 01:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Cindy is back?goto Post Gnomes are trashgoto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
megafreak666

Post 22 Posted: Jun 25, 2005 - 20:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

After nearly a two year hiatus one of the least successful coaches in Fumbble history has returned. Smile

I downloaded Java and the client and unzipped them successfully. I tried to run a stand alone to test it, but only the team on the left shows up. I tried using a re-sizable window, but no matter how I size it, it's like the dug out and players that are normally on the right side of the screen are off the page.

Both sides show up when I use a small screen, but then the field is just a blank black page. (Are small fields separate DLs?)

I looked through the FAQs and can't seem to find what's wrong. I'm sure it's something simple, but it's illuding me. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2005 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

*Bump*..... Someone's gotta be able to help....

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 05:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Ack, sorry for the delay. I just noticed this thread.

You need to change your field and use the Small Field Option. The blue screen you're seeing means that the field which is currently selected simply doesn't have a small version. I'd strongly suggest either Colin's excellent lined fields or my own ugly metal plates. The reason that these two in particular come to mind is that they support both the small field option and weather on the small field as well. Just download one, unzip it and throw the folder you get into the pics/fields/ directory. Just a hint, it should be next to a bunch of other folders with names like "line", "dots", "plain," etc...

To actually change the field, start up a standalone game and click through everything until you finally get to the start of one team's turn. Then right-click somewhere over on one of the player portraits (or just hit SHIFT+? if you're on a mac) and you'll get a small contextual menu. Select "change field" and pick whichever one you want. Did that work? No? Then repeat as necessary, until you get a field that a) you like and b) shows up on the small field.

All this is in the README file that comes with JBB, by the way. Next time you're bored at the office, give it a good skim. There's some cool stuff in there.

Oh, yeah... and welcome back, Megafreak. I knew I recognized that name.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

thank you very much for this, i was having a similar problem where everything was overlapping so i couldn't see much of anything.
nin

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes I forget to change the resolution of the screen to 1024*768, then it's just as you say not seeing the rigth team, so I point it up because everybody forgets something sometimes so... what was I saying?
Well that's for the standard field aniway.
megafreak666

Post   Posted: Jul 16, 2005 - 23:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks!!! Very Happy
 Jump to: