16 coaches online • Server time: 03:13
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do you vote for a progression or non progession tournament for International Smackdown?
Progression
36%
 36%  [ 31 ]
Non Progression
44%
 44%  [ 38 ]
Pink Furry Crocodiles!!!!!
19%
 19%  [ 17 ]
Total Votes : 86

Kill_Dom

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with Brad
sehou

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 05:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Please make it progression, the purpose of team competitions is to have balance based on consultation and cohesion in the group. Non progression takes the community aspect out of the process, hence reduces the pleasure to defend the banner.
sportsguy

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Isn't the whole premise of this tournament the attempt to see which country has the best COACHES? Unless your definition of "coach" includes the phrase "lucky while rolling simulated dice", wouldn't that sort of necessitate a non-progression atmosphere? In order to remove the chance that a few lucky rolls end up deciding the whole thing? Otherwise, let's just have a series of coin tosses and declare the person who chooses correctly the most as the International tournament champion. (BTW, the BloodBowl tournament at the U.S. GenCon uses a variation on the non-progression theme, that works very well. As a matter of fact, Jervis will be attending the event this year. If it's ok with him, I certainly wouldn't presume to know better.)

Is it just me or does it seem that we as players take this game more seriously than the persons responsible for creating it? LOL

p.s. I like waffles.
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 06:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Luck is the best predictor of who will win any particular game.

Since you can't remove luck, why not just play the game as per the normal rules.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 06:31 Reply with quote Back to top

If its a Non-prog tourny everyone will have skaven:
4 players with dodge (only dwarf have tackle), ag4 and ma 8, 2 with block 3rr's and ff2
Av7 is not so much a worry when you know that you get them back after the game

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like a whole division that was like NAF. Roll out a team, pick say, five skills, and start playing against similarly equiped teams. Not to mention it would work well for this league.

How hard would it be to make a division/league like this? Just allow some skill picks, ignore SPP, FF, and money gain, and remove all -stat, n, and d from all rosters.
sportsguy

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 07:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that the decision to allow only 1 team per race per country would cancel out the loading up on a skaven diet...
Jinxed

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 09:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Is there even a possibility to have teams startin with more than TR100 and -for example- 6 skills (one double and no stat increases) for this specific tournament.

With this set non-progression would be more or less OK.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 10:39 Reply with quote Back to top

sportsguy wrote:
(BTW, the BloodBowl tournament at the U.S. GenCon uses a variation on the non-progression theme, that works very well. As a matter of fact, Jervis will be attending the event this year. If it's ok with him, I certainly wouldn't presume to know better.)

of course, Jervis based the game on dice, which I presume means that he thinks luck should play a role.

Furthermore, if the U.S. tournament is doing it, it MUST be the right way to play... or are you being clever and trying to provoke patriotic fervour? Razz

Now that you mention it, this whole contest is silly... let's just copy the U.S. since they are clearly infallible Very Happy
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Wizard wrote:
If its a Non-prog tourny everyone will have skaven:
4 players with dodge (only dwarf have tackle), ag4 and ma 8, 2 with block 3rr's and ff2
Av7 is not so much a worry when you know that you get them back after the game

all teams have to be different which means the teams have to be tactical which it more a team game and more interesting

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 17:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I am withdrawing the Pot of Melting People, as I'm transferring them to another tourney... so, sorry... I will not be taking part in this venture.

Z
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

/boo for AlcingRagaholic

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If this does go non-progressive I'm out too.. there won't be anything to keep me interested... I await the official word.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
If this does go non-progressive I'm out too.. there won't be anything to keep me interested... I await the official word.

This is a unfair.
Gentlemen should not try to affect the decisions by claiming themselves out in case their point of view is not the chosen one. Maybe awaiting in silence, and then say what you like, would just do...

(imho)

Last edited by JanMattys on %b %30, %2005 - %18:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2005 - 18:03 Reply with quote Back to top

well im jus a middleman the people have voted, more people want non-progression im dissapointed so many coaches have decided not to play becos of this...... what am i supposed to listien to you or the majority?